Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: AZ D-Backs
NFL: Redskins

Hawaii @ Michigan in 2014??

Post by NJ-HAWAII-FAN »

August 29th, 2012 at 2:06 AM #1 MIdocHI
MGoPoints: 229 Rumor: UH to play UM in AA
University of Hawaii coaches told the UH players in practice today that negotiations are underway for UH to play in the Big House. I was informed of this by a player who was present. He told me next season, but since our schedule is full, I think that the negotiations are for 2014. Aloha.

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/rumor-uh-play-um-aa

I hope so! Hope UM returns as I remember reading Hawaii is only looking o schedule home and home series.

BigWave96744

Re: Hawaii @ Michigan in 2014??

Post by BigWave96744 »

NJ-HAWAII-FAN wrote:August 29th, 2012 at 2:06 AM #1 MIdocHI
University of Hawaii coaches told the UH players in practice today that negotiations are underway for UH to play in the Big House. I was informed of this by a player who was present. He told me next season, but since our schedule is full, I think that the negotiations are for 2014. Aloha.

I hope so! Hope UM returns as I remember reading Hawaii is only looking o schedule home and home series.
Our schedule is not full for 2013. We still could use the 13th game
8/31/2013 USC Aloha Stadium
11/9/2013 Navy Annapolis, Md.
11/30/2013 Army Aloha Stadium
12/7/2013 Brigham Young Aloha Stadium

8/30/2014 Washington Aloha Stadium
9/6/2014 Oregon State Aloha Stadium
9/20/2014 Colorado Boulder, Colo

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

That would be cool. Might try to make it.
ImageImage

letsgobows
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets

Post by letsgobows »

a home and home w Michigan for 2013 and 14 would be sick. and then if we can add PSU to close the 2014 season! i wonder if theres been any contact w PSU for 2014 yet?

edit: these gotta be fake rumors. Michigan's schedule is full the next 4 seasons. so unless they plan on making a trip here for their 13th game, doubt itll happen.

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-footbl/ ... 09aab.html
college football=drama for men.
GO WARRIORS!

Kama'aina UH
Starter
Starter
MLB: Angels/Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Kama'aina UH »

Wow, Michigan fans sound pretty cocky. I hate those Big 6 guys.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Yeah, Michigan's schedule looks tight They probably want to keep two open dates.
ImageImage

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Kama'aina UH wrote:Wow, Michigan fans sound pretty cocky. I hate those Big 6 guys.
When Michigan played here their fans that sat in my section were really as you put it cocky. I thought fights were going to break out.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Its tempting to play on sacred ground at the Big House. A great opportunity, but I'm hoping for more @Oregon State or @Arizona type games in the near future. Games that UH can legitimately win.

In today's college game, non-AQ schools gain respect via victories on the road @BCS schools. Win at home, the critics claim you couldn't do it anywhere else. Win in their backyard, and people take notice.

Hawaii has no significant wins on the road in over a decade. In 2008 UH beat a ranked Fresno State team. Outside of that, UH has nothing to show in terms of big road wins. Even that FSU win can be characterized as worthless. UH did beat Washington State on the road, but its tough to brag about beating a team that finished 1-11. Whenever UH gets a solid win at home, the critics dismiss it. "Of course they won at Aloha Stadium. Lets see them do it on the mainland"

I think Norm needs to start out with decent opponents, and then build up. Beat someone like Arizona at their place. Then beat someone a little tougher like Ohio State. Then eventually get the big boys of college football: the SEC. Knock off Georgia at their place.

Delusional, crazy, whatever...I know its a long shot. But that is what it takes to receive respect on the national level for non-BCS schools. Home wins....Pfft, the national media couldn't care less. You have to do it on the road.

Hawaii unfortunately set a new precedent in college football. After going undefeated in 2007 and getting embarrassed in the Sugar Bowl, the BCS changed. Boise State ran the table in 2008, the year after UH's run. Knocked off Oregon at Autzen Stadium. Thanks to UH's debacle, the BCS said nope, gotta do better. Simply going undefeated won't cut it. You have to look the part, and have a big win somewhere on the schedule. With time and respect, the criteria changes with consistent validation.

That's the task for UH if getting back to a BCS bowl game is a dream and goal for the program. I say ease into that challenge, and then go big....Most fail, some make it happen. We'll see what UH's intentions for football are soon.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

J-Rod wrote:Its tempting to play on sacred ground at the Big House. A great opportunity, but I'm hoping for more @Oregon State or @Arizona type games in the near future. Games that UH can legitimately win.

In today's college game, non-AQ schools gain respect via victories on the road @BCS schools. Win at home, the critics claim you couldn't do it anywhere else. Win in their backyard, and people take notice.

Hawaii has no significant wins on the road in over a decade. In 2008 UH beat a ranked Fresno State team. Outside of that, UH has nothing to show in terms of big road wins. Even that FSU win can be characterized as worthless. UH did beat Washington State on the road, but its tough to brag about beating a team that finished 1-11. Whenever UH gets a solid win at home, the critics dismiss it. "Of course they won at Aloha Stadium. Lets see them do it on the mainland"

I think Norm needs to start out with decent opponents, and then build up. Beat someone like Arizona at their place. Then beat someone a little tougher like Ohio State. Then eventually get the big boys of college football: the SEC. Knock off Georgia at their place.

Delusional, crazy, whatever...I know its a long shot. But that is what it takes to receive respect on the national level for non-BCS schools. Home wins....Pfft, the national media couldn't care less. You have to do it on the road.

Hawaii unfortunately set a new precedent in college football. After going undefeated in 2007 and getting embarrassed in the Sugar Bowl, the BCS changed. Boise State ran the table in 2008, the year after UH's run. Knocked off Oregon at Autzen Stadium. Thanks to UH's debacle, the BCS said nope, gotta do better. Simply going undefeated won't cut it. You have to look the part, and have a big win somewhere on the schedule. With time and respect, the criteria changes with consistent validation.

That's the task for UH if getting back to a BCS bowl game is a dream and goal for the program. I say ease into that challenge, and then go big....Most fail, some make it happen. We'll see what UH's intentions for football are soon.
Actually Boise didn't go to a BCS in 2008 cause Utah took the one non-AQ slot given to the mid-majors.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

EITSwarrior wrote: Actually Boise didn't go to a BCS in 2008 cause Utah took the one non-AQ slot given to the mid-majors.
Don't think that is true. The following year two non-AQ teams (Boise State and TCU) qualified for BCS bowl games. There is no specific slot.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Is Freitas even working the schedule, at all?

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

madeinhawaii wrote:Is Freitas even working the schedule, at all?
Doubt it, but who knows? Maybe Norm is handling it?

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

Kama'aina UH wrote:Wow, Michigan fans sound pretty cocky. I hate those Big 6 guys.

Them and Ohio State fans are the worst.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

J-Rod wrote:
EITSwarrior wrote: Actually Boise didn't go to a BCS in 2008 cause Utah took the one non-AQ slot given to the mid-majors.
Don't think that is true. The following year two non-AQ teams (Boise State and TCU) qualified for BCS bowl games. There is no specific slot.
Sorry had to refresh my memory. I remember why Boise wasn't selected, for one Utah took the one non-AQ slot. Thus Boise had to get an at-large selection, which they qualified for, but the Fiesta Bowl committee decided Ohio St would send more fans and higher TV ratings. Well that was their excuse.

In 2009 both TCU and Boise were top-10 BCS ranked teams so it was pretty much guaranteed both would get in.

seasider
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by seasider »

BigWave96744 wrote:
NJ-HAWAII-FAN wrote:August 29th, 2012 at 2:06 AM #1 MIdocHI

Our schedule is not full for 2013. We still could use the 13th game
8/31/2013 USC Aloha Stadium
11/9/2013 Navy Annapolis, Md.
11/30/2013 Army Aloha Stadium
12/7/2013 Brigham Young Aloha Stadium

8/30/2014 Washington Aloha Stadium
9/6/2014 Oregon State Aloha Stadium
9/20/2014 Colorado Boulder, Colo
08/31/2013 USC
09/14/2013 BYU
11/09/2013 at Navy
11/30/2013 Army