Trevor Davis may start

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
LoneWarrior
High-quality H20 provider

Re: Trevor Davis may start

Post by LoneWarrior »

BigIslandHank wrote:...i think Pollard should rest against NMState - hamstrings are nagging and only get better with rest (we should be able to beat them without his help) - we need him more when we hit the road...

...and let Davis play ( a lot)...i like rotating Stutz, Miah and Clapp at slot...when we go to Idaho and Nevada...we will need to have the best players available to win those games. Davis is probably one of them.
I concur 100%. Trevor should see the field and get quality playing time. In all likelihood, he will be a three year starter at wideout after Royce graduates so might as well play him so he has some experience against D1 competition.

The offense needs a spark and a big-play threat, perhaps Trevor can provide just that.

season ticket holder
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by season ticket holder »

Let Pollard sit, having him play with bum hamstrings only hurts the team. Also could lower his stock at the next level.

Also the more playing time for future receivers the better.

Nisei
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Padres

Post by Nisei »

season ticket holder wrote:Let Pollard sit, having him play with bum hamstrings only hurts the team. Also could lower his stock at the next level.

I think the fumbles are already taking care of that.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

Nisei wrote:
season ticket holder wrote:Let Pollard sit, having him play with bum hamstrings only hurts the team. Also could lower his stock at the next level.

I think the fumbles are already taking care of that.
i think his size and lack of monster speed already took care of that years ago.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

polywarrior4life
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: San Fransico Giants
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by polywarrior4life »

It aint gonna happen. They said the same thing last week when it was announced that Jordan Monico may start in place of Corey. What happened? Home boy never went in at all. Sad.
Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work. VINCE LOMBARDI

kalilix7
Play Maker
Play Maker
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Patriots

Post by kalilix7 »

At this point I would rather see Stutz move outside or move Sampson to the right and start Bright. Or Bell can play on the outside. I like what I have seen from Clay on special teams, give him a shot. We should explore all these options before we lose Trevor's redshirt season.
JMHO

polywarrior4life
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: San Fransico Giants
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by polywarrior4life »

kalilix7 wrote:At this point I would rather see Stutz move outside or move Sampson to the right and start Bright. Or Bell can play on the outside. I like what I have seen from Clay on special teams, give him a shot. We should explore all these options before we lose Trevor's redshirt season.
JMHO
+1
Thank you.
Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work. VINCE LOMBARDI

GBSmitten
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by GBSmitten »

i hope davis doesnt play this season, it would be a total waste. This season is done, even if they win the rest of the games it'll be a season of underachieving. I say save the players, and get ready for the MWC debut, bench Moniz, and get Graves in for experience. Move Stutz to Wideout, because I dont see him beating out a ripped healthy Amadi, besides going long is stutz's strength, not short over the middle stuff, hes too timid. unless theyre playing lights out, bench the seniors and start playing the guys who are actually going to be playing in the MWC.

BigIslandHank

Post by BigIslandHank »

...i bet Pollards hammy tore again...

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

What was wrong with starting Sampson and Bright?

gambit_808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Mariners
NFL: Raiders

Post by gambit_808 »

GBSmitten wrote:i hope davis doesnt play this season, it would be a total waste. This season is done, even if they win the rest of the games it'll be a season of underachieving. I say save the players, and get ready for the MWC debut, bench Moniz, and get Graves in for experience. Move Stutz to Wideout, because I dont see him beating out a ripped healthy Amadi, besides going long is stutz's strength, not short over the middle stuff, hes too timid. unless theyre playing lights out, bench the seniors and start playing the guys who are actually going to be playing in the MWC.
bench moniz? are you out of your mind? the season is only a waste if we dont get a bowl game. right now, we're playing for that. yeah, so they underachieved. it is what it is.

gambit_808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Mariners
NFL: Raiders

Post by gambit_808 »

Neighbor wrote:What was wrong with starting Sampson and Bright?
starting bright = not very bright.

beegpk
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by beegpk »

gambit_808 wrote: ... right now, we're playing for that. yeah, so they underachieved. it is what it is.
do I need to remind people that we are still playing for a WAC championship?

kalilwayne
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by kalilwayne »

beegpk wrote:
gambit_808 wrote: ... right now, we're playing for that. yeah, so they underachieved. it is what it is.
do I need to remind people that we are still playing for a WAC championship?
Exactly.

auloa
Starter
Starter

Post by auloa »

davis made a beautiful over the shoulder catch down inside the 5. What's not to love about this guy?