Trevor Davis may start

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Trevor Davis may start

Post by Irse »

According to the SA. I wish they would move Stutzmann outside instead and save his redshirt year. If not, I hope he plays a lot the rest of the year and not mainly blowing the redshirt year for one game.
ImageImage

uhwarriors

Re: Trevor Davis may start

Post by uhwarriors »

Irse wrote:According to the SA. I wish they would move Stutzmann outside instead and save his redshirt year. If not, I hope he plays a lot the rest of the year and not mainly blowing the redshirt year for one game.
It all depends on Pollard's hamstring and whether they move Stutzman to the right wideout position. Even if Stutzman is moved outside, if Pollard is out long Davis will have to be ready to play because you'll have no depth at either the slotback positions or the right wideout.

LoneWarrior
High-quality H20 provider

Post by LoneWarrior »

In my mind, the best players should play, regardless of the situation. If Trevor can help the team win games, then let him play. I'm excited too see what he can bring to the offense.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

LoneWarrior wrote:In my mind, the best players should play, regardless of the situation. If Trevor can help the team win games, then let him play. I'm excited too see what he can bring to the offense.
I agree to a certain extent. If Pollard is out for a while or if it's going to be a recurring thing then yes. If it's only for one game and Pollard continues to play 90-95% of the snaps after that one game, then save him. Don't want to blow one year for one game.
ImageImage

letsgobows
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets

Post by letsgobows »

too bad Gant and Doe are probably redshirting. i wonder what their progress is. like others, i dont mind Davis playing, as long as he gets a good amount of snaps in.
college football=drama for men.
GO WARRIORS!

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Bummer to burn a red-shirt year, but I like it as: (1) play whoever gives us best chance of winning; and, (2) give younger guys playing time. Look at what happened to us this year with the oline (no returning starters) and receivers only Pollard started last year (Pilares and Salas to NFL).
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

The current WR corps is struggling because of the lack of reps behind Gregaloha Salares. The younger players need more PT and on-field experience of they'll be in the same position in two years.

Still think the NCAA should pass the 5-year eligibility rule and get it over with.

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

To me, the Warriors need more speed on the outside, and Trevor D. appears to fill that need as he ran a 10.7 100 M in high school (and more importantly, he understands the position and knows the routes according to Mack).

This may be somewhat premature, but speaking of speedy WR, is UH recruiting Devin Jenkins of Kapolei? Although wind aided, he ran the 100 M in 10.49 at the 2011 State championships (and also won the 200 M):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=Cv9UC6AuacQ

A possible Larry Khan-Smith or Koldene Walsh? Haven't seen him play, but note that we don't have this kind of speed locally all that often.

letsgobows
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets

Post by letsgobows »

Jenkins is fast, but hes only 5'7 or 5'8. and how are his football skills?

if all goes well, we should be getting a couple of burners, but they are more slot types.
college football=drama for men.
GO WARRIORS!

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

letsgobows wrote:Jenkins is fast, but hes only 5'7 or 5'8. and how are his football skills?

if all goes well, we should be getting a couple of burners, but they are more slot types.
Don't know about his football skills. Larry and Koldene were not tall, but were outside guys (like Justin Colbert). They also returned kicks. Perhaps I'm just Al Davis-ing (RIP) too much - although that kind of speed is God-given and not the product of speed and quickness training.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

letsgobows wrote:too bad Gant and Doe are probably redshirting. i wonder what their progress is. like others, i dont mind Davis playing, as long as he gets a good amount of snaps in.
I really want to see what these 2 can do.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

ABUNAI
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Philadelphia Phillies
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NFL: Dallas Cowboys

Post by ABUNAI »

Bad idea IMO. But I'm not the coach.
"LIVE AND DIE BY THE SWORD"

SmugDude
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by SmugDude »

I generally don't like the idea, but I think folks have shouldn't get too hung up about burning a freshman's RS year. As lots can happen over the course of the next couple of years and having a RS in the bank isn't always a bad thing as medical RS are seemingly a little dicey to come by.

Plus if he plays he'll be in a much stronger position to contribute next year as game reps are very different than practice reps.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

RedZone wrote:
letsgobows wrote:too bad Gant and Doe are probably redshirting. i wonder what their progress is. like others, i dont mind Davis playing, as long as he gets a good amount of snaps in.
I really want to see what these 2 can do.
Doe had the benefit of spring practice. He looks to be a strong, fluid, pretty fast receiver. In the spring he was having difficulty picking up the system as is the case for most JC receivers. Gant and Davis started practicing in summer camp. Can't comment on Gant because I didn't get to see much of him at the practices I saw. Davis is a little slender but is fast and looked to have good hands. I guess the main story here is that Davis is ahead of both JC guys, one of whom was here for spring practice.

BigIslandHank

Post by BigIslandHank »

...i think Pollard should rest against NMState - hamstrings are nagging and only get better with rest (we should be able to beat them without his help) - we need him more when we hit the road...

...and let Davis play ( a lot)...i like rotating Stutz, Miah and Clapp at slot...when we go to Idaho and Nevada...we will need to have the best players available to win those games. Davis is probably one of them.