Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Warrior Bowl - April 30

Post by ubercow »

“Warrior Bowl” Schedule - April 30 - http://hawaiiathletics.com/news/2010/4/ ... 03756.aspx
5:00 p.m. Ching Field Gate Opens (Entrance across from UH Tennis Complex)
5:00-6:00 p.m. Autograph & Photo Session
7:00 p.m. Practice-Scrimmage

Anyone going down to the Warrior Bowl tomorrow? I'm most likely going to be there and will try to take some pictures.

Was thinking of tailgating / grilling from the roof of the parking structure, but just heard on the news that it's not allowed.. :wink:

Hilo-Warrior
High-quality H20 provider

Re: Warrior Bowl - April 30

Post by Hilo-Warrior »

Me, My wife, and my sister are flying from Hilo tomorrow and I was gonna video tape it for my friends out here. Show them how far we have come this spring.

Go warriors

ImuaWarrior
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ImuaWarrior »

ubercow wrote:“Warrior Bowl” Schedule - April 30 - http://hawaiiathletics.com/news/2010/4/ ... 03756.aspx
5:00 p.m. Ching Field Gate Opens (Entrance across from UH Tennis Complex)
5:00-6:00 p.m. Autograph & Photo Session
7:00 p.m. Practice-Scrimmage

Anyone going down to the Warrior Bowl tomorrow? I'm most likely going to be there and will try to take some pictures.

Was thinking of tailgating / grilling from the roof of the parking structure, but just heard on the news that it's not allowed.. :wink:
It's going to be nuts over there, softball, baseball and football :) Planning to go early, eat a bento in the car and chillax before the boyz get on the field. do you know if big wave dave is going?

Kahaluu Imua Warriors
Starter
Starter

Post by Kahaluu Imua Warriors »

I wanted to catch the first hour of the softball game but there are two problems, 1- I have a feeling there will be a lot of football fans thinking the same thing and the tiny softball stadium will be over flowing and 2- If I do watch the softball game when I get back to the 800 seat football field THERE WILL NOT BE ANY SEATS LEFT. It was crowed last Sat. The last couple Warrior Bowls had 4000 fans at the stadium, how they going to fit us all in 800 seats? UH should of rented some bleachers and charged us a dollar each. UH suggests to bring your beach mats and beach chairs but what can you see at floor level? Come on, it IS going to be nuts out there with 2 other games going on and no place to sit for the football scrimage. Any suggestions anyone?
www.southseascinema.org

Warriors! Come out and play-i-ay!
The Ha'a is heard, louder and louder.
Okole is kicked.
Now the enemy runs home to cry to their mother.

BleedGreen808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by BleedGreen808 »

I will be there
"Limits like fears are just an illusion." Michael Jordan

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

If anyone a dude wearing a black Island Sports Media tee shirt

Stop me and say, "eh you BigWave?"

BTW there might be a big Haole dude taking pictures.... That's not me but Mike the ISM Photographer. Be nice to him and he may snap pictures of you with your favorite Warrior...

See you tonight

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

I'll be there.

camarodude
Starter
Starter

Post by camarodude »

After watching tonight, we definitely need more Graves! \:D/
I'm not drunk....I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking.

bowfan
Starter
Starter

Post by bowfan »

Any updates from the game?

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

other than for a small termite swarm it was a nice clear night. saw uhwarriors, flyingmanatee, and 2scoopsrice in the stands. I remember a field goal, a touchdown, and an interception - was taking photos so I couldn't really keep track of who was doing what. I'll try to post the photos from the beginning of the softball game and the warrior bowl sometime this weekend.

reado

Post by reado »

can't wait ubercow...and the other reports =)

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Dimude had a great drive with several good plays including the longest play of the night and a short TD run. Rausch was probably the most effective QB with Graves close behind. Meatoga would have had two "sacks", but there was no hitting the QBs. Dunnachie launched several 50 yard punts. Henry had a long punt return. Paredes had a couple of big hits. Torres and Borden had interceptions. Enos hit a 28 and 48 yard FGs. Ingram had a bad snap over Dunnachie's head. Green looked stronger and had a couple of good runs. Lister had a couple of good runs and broke some tackles in the secondary. Pilares made some nice moves making tacklers miss and also ran over a defender to get a first down. Henry took the biggest hit on a pass catch (missed the DB that made the hit). Practice ended with the first and second teams doing OT drives starting at the 25 and several 2 minute drills.

Kahaluu Imua Warriors
Starter
Starter

Post by Kahaluu Imua Warriors »

Rausch should start, he moved the 2nd team Offense against the 1st team Defense inside the 10 but because of an offsides settled for a FG. Later he moved the mixed 3rd and fourth stringers all the way for a score against a mixed 3rd & 4th string D. Austin with the 1st team O had two INTs against the 2nd D. Yes one was dropped but Austin threw it to the DB's chest. He later threw another bad INT. Graves moved the ball also but in the one good drive the calls by the OC were great and varied while the calls for Rausch were conservative. I think Shutter looked good also for a RS Freshman and Cory wasn't bad either.

The big positives-I thought our DBs did great tonight. We haven't heard that in a few years. AND our 2 starting CBs were sidelined with injuries. On the other end too many dropped passes by our Wideouts but we have 4 good slots that play hard. DTs did very well while our DEs were almost nonexistent. I think the Oline is very improved from the pass couple of years and bigger. I did not see Letuli in the game and we all know big LaCount is out till summer. Our 1st 2 half backs did very well and Lister is a tough one for DBs to bring down. I like how our LBs and DBs are just flying in on blitzes. If one really studies this D we really only use 2 LBs a 3rd LB is really a DB and you can really screw up an offense when that smaller quicker LB drops back for coverage and another DB blitzes. I like it. I think this is what Mac means by a quicker Defense and he has mentioned many times in the pass that the play of the DTs are key to his style of D. He's got the DTs, now let's see how it works during the season.

Negatives- I mentioned Austin earlier as well as the DEs and dropped passes. Of course we all can't wait for Bradley to get back in action and Darius Bright did not suit up (I wonder what happened to him?). I think he would have shown us what he can do.

Over all I enjoyed the game and I didn't mind the format. I though the O could be more productive but without a starting QB and one star wideout out that is to be expected. So like from the beginning of this post, call Rausch the starter, give him the proper reps as a starter and he will get even better and so will the offense.
www.southseascinema.org

The Ha'a is heard, louder and louder.
Okole is kicked.
Now the enemy runs home to cry to their mother.

westsidewarrior

Post by westsidewarrior »

Kahaluu Imua Warriors wrote:Rausch should start, he moved the 2nd team Offense against the 1st team Defense inside the 10 but because of an offsides settled for a FG. Later he moved the mixed 3rd and fourth stringers all the way for a score against a mixed 3rd & 4th string D. Austin with the 1st team O had two INTs against the 2nd D. Yes one was dropped but Austin threw it to the DB's chest. He later threw another bad INT. Graves moved the ball also but in the one good drive the calls by the OC were great and varied while the calls for Rausch were conservative. I think Shutter looked good also for a RS Freshman and Cory wasn't bad either.

The big positives-I thought our DBs did great tonight. We haven't heard that in a few years. AND our 2 starting CBs were sidelined with injuries. On the other end too many dropped passes by our Wideouts but we have 4 good slots that play hard. DTs did very well while our DEs were almost nonexistent. I think the Oline is very improved from the pass couple of years and bigger. I did not see Letuli in the game and we all know big LaCount is out till summer. Our 1st 2 half backs did very well and Lister is a tough one for DBs to bring down. I like how our LBs and DBs are just flying in on blitzes. If one really studies this D we really only use 2 LBs a 3rd LB is really a DB and you can really screw up an offense when that smaller quicker LB drops back for coverage and another DB blitzes. I like it. I think this is what Mac means by a quicker Defense and he has mentioned many times in the pass that the play of the DTs are key to his style of D. He's got the DTs, now let's see how it works during the season.

Negatives- I mentioned Austin earlier as well as the DEs and dropped passes. Of course we all can't wait for Bradley to get back in action and Darius Bright did not suit up (I wonder what happened to him?). I think he would have shown us what he can do.

Over all I enjoyed the game and I didn't mind the format. I though the O could be more productive but without a starting QB and one star wideout out that is to be expected. So like from the beginning of this post, call Rausch the starter, give him the proper reps as a starter and he will get even better and so will the offense.
Very good analysis KIW. I completely agree with you about Rausch. I have been wondering the entire spring camp why Rausch and Shutter didn't get reps with the 1s. Throughout camp, they consistently did more with less and tonite was no exception.

I actually think that if the reps were reversed thru camp and tonite, with Rausch and Shutter taking reps with the 1s, there would have been some really obvious separation. It was just really weird to me that these guys kept producing with the 2s and 3s and yet never got a shot with the 1s. I was scratching my head about that again tonite as I was watching.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Give it to Graves already!