2009 UH schedule of opponent's schedules...Week 14

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

2009 UH schedule of opponent's schedules...Week 14

Post by chawan_cut »

Here's this year's version to see who our opponents play and to see how wussy or insane their schedules are.

As always, lemme know if there's an error. Hopefully all the schedules are final.

I'll update this each Sunday after our games. "*'s" indicate conference games.

(I can't embed tables in this thing, so I have screen capture my excel file and then post the images here. If you'd like the excel file, PM me.)

Last edited by chawan_cut on Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:07 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2009 UH schedule of opponent's schedules....

Post by RedZone »

CC thanks
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

updated with the preseason polls.

SouthernWarriorFan
Pine rider
Pine rider
NFL: NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

Post by SouthernWarriorFan »

Mahalo for the schedule braddah!
"If you settle for effort, you'll never make it to the Big Show" - Pulu Si Bagoomba

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

Thanks. Looks like Navy and Wisconsin are taking a bye before they come to Hawaii to play. They want to make sure their boys are rested and well rehearsed on our plays. Those will be difficult to win but not impossible. By that time or D should be firing on all cylinders as well as our O. Should be interesting.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

thanks for replying!
i almost forgot i did this thing and will have to update it this sunday. ha!

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2009 UH schedule of opponent's schedules....Week 1

Post by chawan_cut »

Week 1 results are up!
We get our game together in the end to pull out a win. We definitely need to show up at the start of the game for these 3 road trips. UCA put their best effort and thanks to our D for keeping us in the game.

as for other teams,
WAZZU opens their season and conference with a loss to Stanford at home. Hopefully this bodes well for us next Saturday.
UNLV beats up on a DIV-1AA team more than we do.
La Tech keeps it close in the 1st half before Auburn pulls away. This will be a scary match at Ruston.
Boise does enough to "upset" their PAC-10 opponent. I think Oregon didn't help their cause at all with a sad offensive effort. Boise gave them every chance to come back.
Nevada gets blanked by ND. Was that our fault from last year's bowl game? Did we give ND the confidence? Or is Nevada not as good? I didn't watch the game so I can't judge.
USU under new coaching puts up a good fight at first but Utah is too strong. USU's RB had a 99 yd TD run.
NMSU with new coaching lose to Idaho at their weird field. No more Chase Holbrook and the Air Raid offense. No more Nick Nolte, I mean Hal Mumme either.
San Jose actually led 3-0 after the first before USC realized, hey, we're USC.
Navy gave Ohio St all they could handle before failing on the 2 pt conversion to tie it near the end.
And the Salukis give Wiscy a game. Gotta watch this team in another game to see if that was a fluke.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2009 UH schedule of opponent's schedules....Week 1

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

chawan_cut wrote:Week 1 results are up!...
:D Nice job Amigo....no sunburned on your work this weekend? :lol: Sorry,ohana...inside joke :roll: .
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2009 UH schedule of opponent's schedules....Week 3

Post by chawan_cut »

dang, what a loss. unlv tore us up in the 2nd half. our offense did the same. their best defense was to keep our offense off the field, which they did, owning the 3rd quarter.

anyways, for the other games.
WSU comes back to beat SMU in OT after being down most of the game.
La tech gets a win with an easy blowout over div-1aa nicholls st. we meet up in a week and a half. we'll see who's better prepared.
fresno and boise meet up in a highly anticipated matchup. was there any defense played at all? wow. boise hits hard, but they sure had some wide open holes for the bulldogs RBs.
idaho has a winning record by beating up on MWC's san diego st. wow have they fallen.
nevada continues to have a rough start. doesn't get any easier as they go to missouri
utah st has played tough in their 2 losses.
nmsu struggles in their first year of their new coach.
san jose also is continues to get beaten up with their tough non-conf schedule.
navy also has a rough week
and wiscy beats up on a div-1aa team too.

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2009 UH schedule of opponent's schedules....Week 4

Post by chawan_cut »

We haven't played yet, but everyone else has, so I figured update it. I'll update after we play on Wed.
Wednesday game. Of course. Thanks WAC. Thank you Mr. Boise Benson.
Taking away 2 of our byes for one midweek game.
Could be great if we look good. Only game on ESPN with Lou Holtz, Mark May and that other guy. Could also look real bad. Media hype either way could make or break you.
We're still the flukey system that passes too much, yet Boise with all their trick plays are just awesome.
Ok, recap of the games.
Central Ark keeps winning. They're not bad after all.
Wazzu makes USC's Barkley's return a good one. Although they do hold them to just 27 points in LA.
UNLV somehow loses to the Pokes and wyokie's wyoming boys. Maybe they got bored in Laramie. Probably were overlooking them to next week's in state game vs UNR.
Fresno keeps paying for their tough out of conf schedule by losing to another ranked opponent. What sucks though is they get a bye too before coming to play us in 2 weeks.
Idaho's got themselves a winning season so far. They just beat N. Illinois who beat Purdue last week. Maybe they had a letdown.
Boo Boise keeps beating up people. They play at Tulsa next, who should be good test. The Golden Hurricane are 3-1 and actually have an offense and a defense.
Nevada is also suffering from a tough OOC sched. They play UNLV next. this'll give us a good gauge for our game against them later.
USU has been putting up points in their games, but they play the big brother BYU next. We'll see.
NMSU is their state's team this year. but UNM is pretty bad, being winless so far.
San Jose finally gets a win, but its against a D-1AA Cal Poly San Louis Obispo, but only scoring 19 points.
Navy even ups their record with a win against the Hilltoppers.
and Wiscy keeps on winning too. beating down the crybaby Spartans.

dcwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: 2009 UH schedule of opponent's schedules....Week 4

Post by dcwarrior »

Nevada was overhyped. Everyone saw their improvement over the last few years and figured it'd continue. They recently beat Mizzou so I thought they'd have a chance to win. But their offense really doesn't seem to have "it" this year.

UNLV losing makes it that much more of a disappointment. Mack may be an OK coach but he's not a plus coach. Needs to figure out how to run away with games early. He doesn't have the talent level and the O to not go for the early kill and keep scoring.

San Jose, same as Nevada - They really got overhyped as continuing their progress. Instead it looks like Tomey's got them to a new level and they are at a point at which it it tough to keep improving - they are struggling to maintain that level.

Hey as bad as NM is, that NMSU beat them, NMSU was supposed to be that bad too. Good on them!
chawan_cut wrote:We haven't played yet, but everyone else has, so I figured update it. I'll update after we play on Wed.
Wednesday game. Of course. Thanks WAC. Thank you Mr. Boise Benson.
Taking away 2 of our byes for one midweek game.
Could be great if we look good. Only game on ESPN with Lou Holtz, Mark May and that other guy. Could also look real bad. Media hype either way could make or break you.
We're still the flukey system that passes too much, yet Boise with all their trick plays are just awesome.
Ok, recap of the games.
Central Ark keeps winning. They're not bad after all.
Wazzu makes USC's Barkley's return a good one. Although they do hold them to just 27 points in LA.
UNLV somehow loses to the Pokes and wyokie's wyoming boys. Maybe they got bored in Laramie. Probably were overlooking them to next week's in state game vs UNR.
Fresno keeps paying for their tough out of conf schedule by losing to another ranked opponent. What sucks though is they get a bye too before coming to play us in 2 weeks.
Idaho's got themselves a winning season so far. They just beat N. Illinois who beat Purdue last week. Maybe they had a letdown.
Boo Boise keeps beating up people. They play at Tulsa next, who should be good test. The Golden Hurricane are 3-1 and actually have an offense and a defense.
Nevada is also suffering from a tough OOC sched. They play UNLV next. this'll give us a good gauge for our game against them later.
USU has been putting up points in their games, but they play the big brother BYU next. We'll see.
NMSU is their state's team this year. but UNM is pretty bad, being winless so far.
San Jose finally gets a win, but its against a D-1AA Cal Poly San Louis Obispo, but only scoring 19 points.
Navy even ups their record with a win against the Hilltoppers.
and Wiscy keeps on winning too. beating down the crybaby Spartans.
Substance matters.

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2009 UH schedule of opponent's schedules....Week 5

Post by chawan_cut »

Week 5

not a good week for us. we'd all like to forget last week Wed.

anyways, here's what the rest of our schedule looks like

UCA continues to beat up on their opponents. definitely a good team.

so good in fact, i bet, they could beat WAZZU too. which is getting eaten up by the pac-10. (btw, UW got screwed at ND, but they should get that apple cup later this year).

UNLV gets walloped by nevada. nevada goes for 773 yards. 773 yards!!!. that's scary. nevada gets their first win of the year and takes it out on their in state rival.

idaho, the surprise this year, beats up on the MWC's Colorado st. what's going on there in Moscow?

Boise only scores 27 against Div-1aa UC-Davis. maybe they played down to their opponent? they get tulsa next, which should be a big test for them. hopefully they come in to our house all beat up.

USU goes down to big brother BYU. but they're scoring this year. we need to get them back for last year.

NMSU doesn't look so well, losing to MWC's bottom dweller SDSU. Idaho beat up on SDSU earlier in the year.

navy is on its way to the president's cup. squeaking by the falcons.

and wisconsin gets the paul bunyan's axe beating the gophers of minnesota.

big week for us this week. lots to get fixed and get learned.
See you guys at the Green Aloha Stadium on Sat!

fresno and san jose had byes.

kuznickic
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Re: 2009 UH schedule of opponent's schedules....Week 5

Post by kuznickic »

I am wondering what is in the water in Idaho. I mean Boise State is kinda a given this year......but IDAHO?!?!?!? Or maybe it is the potatoes.

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2009 UH schedule of opponent's schedules....Week 6

Post by chawan_cut »

schedule updated.

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2009 UH schedule of opponent's schedules....Week 7

Post by chawan_cut »