SportsHawaii.com "Mission Statement and Rules" commentary

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

Scott, I , Mr.EDGE808 have read and understood the implications have the Mission statement and rules, and I will fulfill my obligations and compliance to the said actions as a member of the SportsHawaii Forums network. I here by state my public pledge to follow and up hold the rules and directions as active member, and I appreciate the views and concerns of all the moderators and administrators of this sports social network. Thank you, and have a great sports day.
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

Please post any comments about the rules and mission statement here. Thank you.

TemeculaWarrior
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: SportsHawaii.com "Mission Statement and Rules" commentary

Post by TemeculaWarrior »

OK, let me get this straight...
TW'd better start watching his "P's" and "Q's" from now on... or else.
Right?

You know, I'm not really sure what "P's" and "Q's" are,
but I have a sneaky feeling I'd better start watching them, closely.

Anyway, many thanks to you, Lord Adminman of Kaneohe,
and to your merry band of Men in Tights. "Tight Tights!"

(Sorry, I just finished watching Mel Brooke's historical and factual biography of
Sir Robin of Loxley from Hallamshire, Sheffield, England... for the 153rd time.)

Link

Can you make out who is the adminman (check for the huge "guns")
and which ones are his trusted mod's?

TW 8)
GO WARRIORS!!!

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

As one of the Knights who say Ni (Knights who say Ni would kick Robin and his men in tights any day!) I must give most of the credit to the awesome team at SportsHawaii.com. uhwarriors and ubercow did a lot of leg work and spent many sleepless nights helping us develop the new mission statement and rules. I wanted to thank all of the moderators and the Sports Hawaii Ohana who continue to help us keep this community, a special place to hang our hat and call home.

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

TemeculaWarrior
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TemeculaWarrior »

You need a shrubbery.

TW 8)
GO WARRIORS!!!

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Pats

Post by uhwarrior23 »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote:Scott, I , Mr.EDGE808 have read and understood the implications have the Mission statement and rules, and I will fulfill my obligations and compliance to the said actions as a member of the SportsHawaii Forums network. I here by state my public pledge to follow and up hold the rules and directions as active member, and I appreciate the views and concerns of all the moderators and administrators of this sports social network. Thank you, and have a great sports day.
+1
What he said. :D

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Pats

Post by uhwarrior23 »

I want to thank the Moderators and Administrators for the wonderful job they have done w/ this site. I think this mission statement and rules were a great idea. Much props to you guys. :D This is by far the best site to talk about sports. We can leave the bashing, negativity and immaturity at the other site where it belongs.
Last edited by uhwarrior23 on Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

TemeculaWarrior wrote:OK, let me get this straight...
TW'd better start watching his "P's" and "Q's" from now on... or else.
Right?

You know, I'm not really sure what "P's" and "Q's" are,
but I have a sneaky feeling I'd better start watching them, closely.

TW 8)
TW, some us have met the challenge of ABC's a long time ago......so, while I wouldn't hold it against you for your "short falls", I'm ALMOST sure you'll do.....uh......hmmmm. OOOOOO KKKKKKKKK! :lol:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

GARRISON
All-American
All-American

Post by GARRISON »

This is the dumbest thing on the SH site.....

Okay, I'm just joking. :lol: Thanks for the clear guidelines to make it possible to have a pleasant experience here.
Check out our latest short The WATCHGUARD

IPatentllo7o1
All-American
All-American

Post by IPatentllo7o1 »

thank you mods for not mistaking me as a troll... I always have have the best intentions for my posts pertaining to hawaii and any of its sports programs.... not a fan at all of upper campus, but through the good and bad ive stuck by UH... only a true fan would spend thousands of dollars to fly up to new orleans to watch the sugar bowl, or be the first in line to purchase tickets for the BYU 2001 game... i understand but i dont agree with some posters attempts to label me a troll, since im just as much a fan as they are or more perhaps... its just i choose to take a more realistic approach then others are comfortable with... i use to be a complete homer but that doesnt do anyone any good... and it makes for a completely moronic conversation when dealing with other fans of other schools, who think theyre program is gods gift to college football....

well again, thank you mods for recognizing me as a fan and not a "foe"....

FlyinManatee
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by FlyinManatee »

Scott and mods, Nice job with the Mission Statement and Rules! I think you guys captured the values and tone of this board very nicely!!! :hello1:

guru
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by guru »

ubercow wrote:

With the release of the Mission Statement and Rules, it has been decided by a majority vote from the Moderators and Admins that the following users will be banned for their previous record of rule breaking
FIRE McMackin
hawaii1954
NW SportsFan

guru wrotes:
That just isn't right...  How can you make the new board rules and then ban people who violated it prior the implementation of the new board rules. For instance, if state lawmakers passed a law today that makes it illegal to use fireworks in Hawaii, they can't  go and fine all people who used fireworks in Hawaii before that…. this is totally ridiculous.

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

guru wrote:ubercow wrote:

With the release of the Mission Statement and Rules, it has been decided by a majority vote from the Moderators and Admins that the following users will be banned for their previous record of rule breaking
FIRE McMackin
hawaii1954
NW SportsFan

guru wrotes:
That just isn't right...  How can you make the new board rules and then ban people who violated it prior the implementation of the new board rules. For instance, if state lawmakers passed a law today that makes it illegal to use fireworks in Hawaii, they can't  go and fine all people who used fireworks in Hawaii before that…. this is totally ridiculous.
Well they haven't fired hawaii1954 yet since I saw him post yesterday in the WAC forum.
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

dakineguy wrote: Well they haven't fired hawaii1954 yet since I saw him post yesterday in the WAC forum.
huh? His last post was on the 18th.
guru wrote:ubercow wrote:

FIRE McMackin
hawaii1954
NW SportsFan

guru wrotes:
That just isn't right... How can you make the new board rules and then ban people who violated it prior the implementation of the new board rules. For instance, if state lawmakers passed a law today that makes it illegal to use fireworks in Hawaii, they can't go and fine all people who used fireworks in Hawaii before that…. this is totally ridiculous.
That would make perfect sense if this was a government. Unfortunately it's not. Just because they weren't written, doesn't mean there weren't any rules. In this case it would actually be like someone breaking a law they didn't know existed, then learned about it. Did they not still break the law?

I actually think what's ridiculous is questioning the mods decision making 3 posts in of starting to post on a message board. Not off on the right foot for someone who wasn't even posting when they were and seem to be the only one with a problem with it.

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

huh? His last post was on the 18th.
Sorry. You are right. It was on the basketball thread and I just assumed since it was high in the page it was recent LOL
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller