uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Pats

Call the Coach Notes

Post by uhwarrior23 »

Apparently Bobby Curran has been getting a lot of calls from arm chair QB's ripping the coaches and acting like they know more than Mack and his staff. [-X Bobby encouraged all those people to have the guts to call Mack during his show so at least the coach could defend himself.
Coach said he'd make the same decision against if he were in that 4th and 1 at the 15 situation again. He said after the game he told reporters that he probably should have kicked it but after watching film, he realized he had made the right decision. What he does is ask Ron if he has a play that will surely get them the first down. If Ron says yes, Coach Mack will make the decision from there whether to go for it or not. Ron felt he called the right play against the defense Boise ran on that play but should have ran the option to the strong side instead of the weak side.
QB's get a lot of the blame when the team is struggling and a lot of the praise when the team is winning. He said those 5 INT's were not all Inoke's fault. They had some drops and WR's running incorrect routes as well.
He said they'll be some changes personel wise at receiver.
Greg Salas is the best receiver on the field. They'll be doing some things to get him the ball more.
He said Inoke is still the guy but they will do some things to open up the offense more. He said they'll be running more sound run and shoot type plays. He said we very well may see two QB's play.
He likes Greg Alexander. He has a good arm but he's also deceptively fast and ran for a first down against Boise.
He's also exciting about Brent Rausch. He said he feels terrible about the kid missing two game for no reason at all basically. He said it was nonsense. Brent is like a young Colt. He's getting bigger and stronger every day. He's the future, Mack said.
Tyler's arm is back and he'll be getting a lot of reps this week.
He said he'd like to see more production out of our PR and KR game. He said it's not necessarily the return guys but the blocking needs to be better as well. He said they're going w/ Aaron Bain as the PR this week.
Rocky Savaiigaea and Paipai Falemalu will both be having surgery this week.
Blaze Soares will most likely not play this week. Coach thinks he's really close to playing, though.
A caller called in and asked why the offense didn't try to move the ball and score when they had the ball w/ a couple minutes before the end of the half. He said if June Jones were the HC, there's no doubt they would have tried to score. Mack responded by saying they wanted to play smart. They didn't want to risk turning the ball over and giving Boise another score before the half. They were only down 10-7 and they would get the ball to start the 2nd half. Coach did say if he had Colt and those 4 WR's we had last season, he very well might have thrown it more and tried to score. He said they don't necessarily want to be conservative but want to be smart w/ the personel they have.
He said Nevada will be the toughest team they play the rest of the way. If we can win this game, he really feels the team can go on a run here at the end.
He said Nevada has one of the best offenses in the country. They're very balanced. They can run it or throw it. It starts w/ their QB Kaepernick who is improved over last season. He feels the defense has to get physical w/ him like they did last season. He wants to take Kaepernick out of his comfort zone and force Nevada to be a throwing team.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Call the Coach Notes

Post by madeinhawaii »

Didn't he also respond to a caller who even after all the explaining forced the issue about the 4 and short on the fifteen being a bad call by saying something like...

"Yes. But, I'm the coach, this is my team and I made that call. When you become a coach and get your own team, you can make your own calls."

Had me smiling big time and laughing out loud. You could hear the applause in the background.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by uhwarrior23 »

madeinhawaii wrote:Didn't he also respond to a caller who even after all the explaining forced the issue about the 4 and short on the fifteen being a bad call by saying something like...

"Yes. But, I'm the coach, this is my team and I made that call. When you become a coach and get your own team, you can make your own calls."

Had me smiling big time and laughing out loud. You could hear the applause in the background.
Yeah, I forgot to add that part. Was hilarious. Sounded like the dude hung up in the middle of Mack's response, lol.

BleedGreen808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by BleedGreen808 »

What happened to Paipai? At the end of the show, he said Rocky and Paipai were going to get operated on.

Hope nothing bad. I have big hopes for him at LB.
"Limits like fears are just an illusion." Michael Jordan

Kazz
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Kazz »

madeinhawaii wrote:Didn't he also respond to a caller who even after all the explaining forced the issue about the 4 and short on the fifteen being a bad call by saying something like...

THERE YOU GO MACK!!! DON'T S*** FROM NO ONE!!!!

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by uhwarrior23 »

BleedGreen808 wrote:What happened to Paipai? At the end of the show, he said Rocky and Paipai were going to get operated on.

Don't know the specifics of Rocky's injury but he's expected back for spring ball. Not sure what's up w/ Paipai.

Kazz
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Kazz »

BleedGreen808 wrote:What happened to Paipai? At the end of the show, he said Rocky and Paipai were going to get operated on.

If my memory serves me correctly, Paipai mentioned a nagging injury from him HS days and he was going to have it corrected. I wanna say it's his knee, but I'm not totally sure. I'm pretty sure it's nothing serious.

tomboahi
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by tomboahi »

thank you, uhwarrior23!

Kazz
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Kazz »

uhwarrior23 wrote:

Yeah, I forgot to add that part. Was hilarious. Sounded like the dude hung up in the middle of Mack's response, lol.
That's what cowards do. I guess back its back to his keyboard for him.

BleedGreen808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by BleedGreen808 »

Thanks Kazz and uhwarrior23 for the info.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

I missed it again. Good thing they replay it tomorrow at noon on 1420 am.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

BleedGreen808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by BleedGreen808 »

HawaiianHogster wrote:I missed it again. Good thing they replay it tomorrow at noon on 1420 am.
1420 should make available through their website. I missed the first half and am looking forward to it tomorrow at noon.

HitEmUpWarriors!
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by HitEmUpWarriors! »

Didn't he also respond to a caller who even after all the explaining forced the issue about the 4 and short on the fifteen being a bad call by saying something like...

A caller called in and asked why the offense didn't try to move the ball and score when they had the ball w/ a couple minutes before the end of the half.

Damned if you do! Damned if you don't!

No one got mad when they converted on the first 4th down. If they didn't convert, it woulda been, why didnt they punt, now they got good field position. Trust me I get mad too but dont keep dwelling on it. There are so many other things that contributed to the loss. We can talk about all those things but dont let that woulda, coulda, shoulda eat at you.

Keep ya heads up Warriors! I still believe!
Keep ya heads up fans! We all blow our heads during the games and after. Keep the faith!

Thanks UHWarrior23!

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Thanks uhwarriors23. I missed the show but I know from past experience, you've done a good job.

goBows15
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by goBows15 »

1420 should make available through their website. I missed the first half and am looking forward to it tomorrow at noon.
I give 1420 a lot of props for replaying it at noon the following day. It works perfectly for me as I always miss it at 6 pm. By the way, is anyone else jonesing for the good old days of the Dan Patrick show? I love Colin Cowherd but usually miss most of his show. I used to ALWAYS listen to Dan Patrick on my lunch hour but nothing now is as good at noon. PTI is ok but the other guys stink.
"I saw the fullback, he's looking directly at me," Soares said. "I knew he was coming my way, so I already knew. I went with all my power and all my might and I went crush him. I heard him when I hit him, I heard him -- he felt it."