Classless...

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
808ToFeR
High-quality H20 provider

Classless...

Post by 808ToFeR »

What a great game! BUT I think Ive just experienced the most classless fans i have ever seen! Please respond if you were at the game and also had issues... I was sitting with some friends in section 24.
1. I was having ice and popcorn thrown at me all game
2. My friend got hit with a large cup of soda in the face because she turned around to get a girl outta her face
3. They showed a reply of Colt getting his concussion over and over on the jumbo-tron
4. After Dan Kelly's amazing kick i was about 6 inches from taking a LARGE water bottle to my head. (The fans threw all their food on us after)

I understand that the is football and Fresno is a crazy environment, BUT I feel that I should hafta look over my back constantly to see if something is being thrown in my direction. I just wanna know if it was just the fresno fans i was sitting next to.
Last edited by 808ToFeR on Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

krazychinaman
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Phillies
NBA: None
NFL: Patriots

Re: Classless...

Post by krazychinaman »

we all know Fsu fan is the worst fan in the wac...that blame us about our fan when they are in our house.....

o well they are just cry baby!

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

write an article on it. who knows, maybe ESPN will pick it up, and Chrisdog will eat Sh*t :- :roll:
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

RedWarrior
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by RedWarrior »

Water bottles and food? Are you sure you were in Fresno...they usually throw screwdrivers. [-X

Seriously though I agree, that was "classless", as passionate as I am for our Warriors I would never disrespect visiting fans...even if they whooped our arse. At least you got out of there without getting seriously injured. I dont think that you can lump all of the FS fans but there are a bunch of em'. My friend is from that area and he says it's mostly farm owners and farm workers and they love their bulldawgz. I got hit with a cow bell at the 06 game.
Go Warriors!

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

RedWarrior wrote:Water bottles and food? Are you sure you were in Fresno...they usually throw screwdrivers. [-X

Seriously though I agree, that was "classless", as passionate as I am for our Warriors I would never disrespect visiting fans...even if they whooped our arse. At least you got out of there without getting seriously injured. I dont think that you can lump all of the FS fans but there are a bunch of em'. My friend is from that area and he says it's mostly farm owners and farm workers and they love their bulldawgz. I got hit with a cow bell at the 06 game.
and its almost carbon copy of chris's complaint last year.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

warrior rage
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by warrior rage »

808ToFeR wrote:What a great game! BUT I think Ive just experienced the most classless fans i have ever seen! Please respond if you were at the game and also had issues... I was sitting with some friends in section 24.
2. My friend got hit with a large cup of soda in the face because she turned around to get a girl outta her face
3. They showed a reply of Colt getting his concussion over and over on the jumbo-tron
4. After Dan Kelly's amazing kick i was about 6 inches from taking a LARGE water bottle to my head. (The fans threw all their food on us after)

I understand that the is football and Fresno is a crazy environment, BUT I feel that I should hafta look over my back constantly to see if something is being thrown in my direction. I just wanna know if it was just the fresno fans i was sitting next to.
We were sitting in section 23 and had cool Fresno fans sitting by us. Our walk back to the car was just as good. Many of the FSU fans congratulated us on the win. As for section 24, there was a lot of action going on over there. Security was focused in that area. 808ToFer, sorry that you guys had to deal with that kind of stuff in your section.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

808ToFeR wrote:What a great game! BUT I think Ive just experienced the most classless fans i have ever seen! Please respond if you were at the game and also had issues... I was sitting with some friends in section 24.

Write to both the Honolulu papers and Fresno papers and see if they will do anything about it. I doubt it but its wortha try and it'll be payback for last year.
ImageImage

808ToFeR

Post by 808ToFeR »

Irse wrote: Write to both the Honolulu papers and Fresno papers and see if they will do anything about it. I doubt it but its wortha try and it'll be payback for last year.

Who exactly would i write to? A letter to the editor?

beegpk
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by beegpk »

google "scout forums fresno" --- and put it up on their board --- see if chrisdog cares

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

808ToFeR wrote:
Irse wrote: Write to both the Honolulu papers and Fresno papers and see if they will do anything about it. I doubt it but its wortha try and it'll be payback for last year.

Who exactly would i write to? A letter to the editor?
I would send one copy to the letter to the editor and one to S. Tsai. His email addy should be on one of the articles.
ImageImage

kik050
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by kik050 »

I'm not even going to doubt that this happened to you. But if it truly did, you should see to it that the country finds out about this incident. Especially since they made us look bad nationally, when they were here. Send letters to all media, Hawai'i, Fresno, ESPN, etc.
Hawai'i has the best fighters in the world. F___ that's all we do. --BJ Penn

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

write to Karl Benson, the WAC commisioner. I wrote to him last year and he responded. They're trying to clean up the WAC and make it sportsmanship prevelant. i'm sure he'd get fresno to respond. maybe at least get them to stop showing that colt replay , which was very inappropriate.
Last edited by chawan_cut on Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Send a copy to Dave Reardon too.

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

I bet Colt is glad we won the game on their home field to boot.
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller

Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Sportsbow »

Do what Chrisdog did. Send e-mails to their tv and radio stations in Fresno.