FIVE-O
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
MLB: Oakland Athletics
NBA: Seattle Supersonics 4life
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Inoke Funaki will come through.

Post by FIVE-O »

I personally think that Funaki can and will be a contributing factor for UH this weekend. Depending on how well our O-line plays we will need Funaki who not only can pass but with his rugby style running ability can elude players if ever the pocket collapses. If both qbz should happen to go down I believe and know that Inoke will come through.
"YOUR HAMMA MIGHT BE BIG BUT MY SLEDGE HAMMA IZ BIGGAH!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AepyGm9M ... re=related

travo66
Starter
Starter
MLB: None
NBA: Lakers

Re: Inoke Funaki will come through.

Post by travo66 »

Definitely. I believe that Inoke will see playing time this weekend regardless of the score. Even if it is for only a couple plays, I'm sure he will help us out getting those first downs, etc. Go Warriors!
Bored in the offseason? Join Goal Line Blitz!

lava
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by lava »

Inoke will step up if called to do so. One class act.

K2Rz
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by K2Rz »

Thanks u Kolo for that post......Best of luck to Inoke

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

If, as if on a whim, the Warriors put Inoke in as a RB behind Rausch or Alexander, how do you think the Gators would set up their defense?

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

Kazz
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Kazz »

Not sure if anyone ever thought of this, but what are everyone's thoughts of going to Inoke Funaki in short yardage situations/down and goal situations?

Without Farmer and Huen we will be lacking that big back to pound it in for a few yards so... with Funaki's ability to run it may prove to be a valuable asset in a situation where a big back would normally be looked to.

Just a thought...

Either way.. I just do not see Funaki not getting any time BEFORE the 2nd half. Coach Mack and Ron Lee may want to play some games with Florida's defense.

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

madeinhawaii wrote:If, as if on a whim, the Warriors put Inoke in as a RB behind Rausch or Alexander, how do you think the Gators would set up their defense?
Yeah they could do the all 11 offense.
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

He'll have his moment this year. You watch.

Go Inoke!

BIK
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

I'm currently watching Stanford vs Oregon State... It's 20-20 in the 3rd and Oregon State cannot stop Stanford's running QB..
Inoke could definitely cause some havok

littledog72
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by littledog72 »

line up funaki and GA behind rausch.

krazychinaman
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Phillies
NBA: None
NFL: Patriots

Post by krazychinaman »

littledog72 wrote:line up funaki and GA behind rausch.
that would be nuts..we will have a rb and fb that can play qb...LOL

Kazz
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Kazz »

BigWave96744 wrote:I'm currently watching Stanford vs Oregon State... It's 20-20 in the 3rd and Oregon State cannot stop Stanford's running QB..
The last UH practice I saw was last Wednesday 08/20/2008. From what I remember it was either on this day or the Saturday prior that Funaki had 15-yard gains on option runs or QB keepers when he had his snaps. They were not broken plays. The WRs and oline blocked for him well and I almost want to say that as far as "scat backs" are concerned, he's not too far behind Daniel Libre, especially for his position.

Funaki could be the "IT" factor on offense that we may have to rely on to keep Florida on their toes.

beegpk
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by beegpk »

Kazz wrote:
BigWave96744 wrote:I'm currently watching Stanford vs Oregon State... It's 20-20 in the 3rd and Oregon State cannot stop Stanford's running QB..
The last UH practice I saw was last Wednesday 08/20/2008. From what I remember it was either on this day or the Saturday prior that Funaki had 15-yard gains on option runs or QB keepers when he had his snaps. They were not broken plays. The WRs and oline blocked for him well and I almost want to say that as far as "scat backs" are concerned, he's not too far behind Daniel Libre, especially for his position.

Funaki could be the "IT" factor on offense that we may have to rely on to keep Florida on their toes.
you got it Kazz!!! Funaki not going to be anyones beeeeaatch!!!!!!!!

Kazz
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Kazz »

beegpk wrote:
Kazz wrote:

you got it Kazz!!! Funaki not going to be anyones beeeeaatch!!!!!!!!
Braddah is from Kahuku...

I don't know too many people that would call anyone from Kahuku a "b*otch". :blowup:

sixthrow
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Funaki for president

Post by sixthrow »

Granted that he was probably playing against second team defense, Funaki looked like he should have started the game. At the very least, I think having the JuCo's have their first game jitters with the team against a powerhouse like Florida was a bad idea. We all know that the recieving corps will take time to develop, so it is strange that the coaches didn't elect to use Funaki. Inoke is more mobile, as was seen in the game, as well as knows the offense (or at least Jone's similar version) and the WRs about a year longer than the other two.

I would be happy with Funaki starting next game or the next couple of games until the WR get their act together and the OL gells more.