3 offers today

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
PIAA DS
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

3 offers today

Post by PIAA DS »

although it was previously reported that Chauncy Makainai had been offered by UH, it was made official late today
along with Benson Ma'afala (damien) and Micah Hatchie (Waipahu).

http://www.pacificathleticalliance.com/news.htm

all of their times/height/weight from the combine are also on the PIAA site.

Makai TailG8TAZ
Starter
Starter

Re: 3 offers today

Post by Makai TailG8TAZ »

Thanks for the info as always.

Micah Hatchie 2010 Class of Waialua? (BIG BOY) 6'4" 255 maybe bigger now.

HK
All-conference
All-conference

Post by HK »

Boy, when Coach Mac said he wanted to make sure the best stay home he wasn't kidding was he? With the price of airfare now I wonder if the big 6 conferences will think twice about flying over here knowing that they face an uphill battle as soon as they land?

PIAA DS
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by PIAA DS »

HK wrote:Boy, when Coach Mac said he wanted to make sure the best stay home he wasn't kidding was he? With the price of airfare now I wonder if the big 6 conferences will think twice about flying over here knowing that they face an uphill battle as soon as they land?
that just makes it more fun when UH wins! :hello1:

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

A dumb question: If a student-athlete states clearly that he/she wants to go to the mainland for college, does that mean UH won't offer? (And vice-versa - if UH offers, that there's a chance of he/she staying home?)
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Sportsbow »

Doris.

Did Micah Hatchie transfer to Waipahu HS? He's listed on Scout.com as being from Waialua HS.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

MICAH HATCHIE Image OL, 6-4, 255 lbs.
(Waialua HS, Waialua, HI)
(Offered Scholarship)

Scout.com profile: http://hshawaii.scout.com/a.z?s=370&p=8&c=1&nid=3787102

PIAA DS
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by PIAA DS »

Grinch wrote:A dumb question: If a student-athlete states clearly that he/she wants to go to the mainland for college, does that mean UH won't offer? (And vice-versa - if UH offers, that there's a chance of he/she staying home?)
No it does not mean they wont offer. There are several boys with offers (Jray Galei for example) that have indicated they want go elsewhere and they are still on UH's board with offers. They have to shoot for the best, some will stay, some wont.

And sportsbow, no he didnt transfer, I think I had sunstroke. It says wailaua all over my site but I type in waipahu!! Good grief. thanks for the note, Ill make the correction

SmugDude
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by SmugDude »

As a side note, when was the last time Wailua HS had an athlete that was coveted by UH?

Not knocking them, but historically I think they've lost some players to other schools via the district exception rule. Plus didn't they almost lose their football team a few years back? Guess they've come a long way.

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

SmugDude wrote:As a side note, when was the last time Wailua HS had an athlete that was coveted by UH?

Not knocking them, but historically I think they've lost some players to other schools via the district exception rule. Plus didn't they almost lose their football team a few years back? Guess they've come a long way.

Although recently re-done by Rob Yamahona, the Fabulous Krush's "Wailua Sky" is an all time Hawaii classic hit! I'm sure there have been at least a few more Waialua grads to done the warrior/rainbow green since Raschad Galimba played offensive line back in the early-mid 80's?????

......in the night, an Island rain.....brings to mind an old familiar scene.......long forgotten now........

BIK :-
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

wayoutwest
Play Maker
Play Maker
MLB: Orioles

Post by wayoutwest »

is hawaii really that deep with college prospects this year? coach mack hasn't even hit the the outer islands yet and he's got about 15 local offers already out.

one of the unforeseen consequences of all these early offers... UH is doing all the legwork for pac10 leeches like riley. i still like what the coaches are doing.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

SmugDude wrote:As a side note, when was the last time Wailua HS had an athlete that was coveted by UH?

Norm Chow's first coaching job was at Waialua HS :D

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Burton Coloma.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

bigislandkurt wrote:

Although recently re-done by Rob Yamahona, the Fabulous Krush's "Wailua Sky" is an all time Hawaii classic hit! I'm sure there have been at least a few more Waialua grads to done the warrior/rainbow green since Raschad Galimba played offensive line back in the early-mid 80's?????

......in the night, an Island rain.....brings to mind an old familiar scene.......long forgotten now........

BIK :-
Funny that the first name to come to mind for me was Raschad Galimba. I attended a Kaneohe Kiwanis meeting sometime in 1977, and the guest speaker was newly-hired Dick Tomey. I recall Dick talking about recruiting locally, and had a lot to say about his recruit Galimba from Waialua. There probably were a lot of good players from Waialua during the plantation hey day. More recently, it seems that anyone with talent on the north shore gravitated to Kahuku.