Jeff Reinbold next Head Coach for Warriors????

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
anihc
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Jeff Reinbold next Head Coach for Warriors????

Post by anihc »

Can't find a better person/coach. His love for Hawaii and the local kids makes him a perfect fit!!!!!!!!!

rzim11
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Jeff Reinbold next Head Coach for Warriors...........

Post by rzim11 »

That would be interesting. He was not one of the candidates on Coach Jone's short list of recommended candidates but then again, I wouldn't expect Frazier to serious consider any of those recommendations....Hopefully it would be someone else conducting the search (e.g. a new A.D.) though I know it's wishful thinking....

Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by 10 »

He'd leapfrog a lot of people if that happened. How bout DC? How would he do as our DC?

Actually even there he'd overtake Rich Miano, which I would think would not be cool.

edit: Actually it was Lumpkin-Miano, 2-headed DC back at one time, right? Nevermind then.
^_^

goBows15
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by goBows15 »

Frazier would go out and hire Karl Dorrell the UCLA reject.
"I saw the fullback, he's looking directly at me," Soares said. "I knew he was coming my way, so I already knew. I went with all my power and all my might and I went crush him. I heard him when I hit him, I heard him -- he felt it."

rzim11
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by rzim11 »

Oh god no! :o My auntie would be a better fit than he would....

hawaiiwarriors50
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by hawaiiwarriors50 »

goBows15 wrote:Frazier would go out and hire Karl Dorrell the UCLA reject.
Mmm... We all know race has nothing to do with anything in life. But, that would be interesting...

goBows15
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by goBows15 »

If you've ever heard Jeff Reinbold speak in public you'd know he'd be a great choice. An AWESOME recruiter as well. Recruiting is the name of the game in college football and one thing that JJ hasn't been that good at. Reinbold can bring'em in and get the better recruits to sign.

Hire Reinbold and keep Morrison or R. Lee to be the OC and run our same offense. Make C. Lee the DC and bring in more of the top local recruits hopefully. (damn we lost Koehler!)
"I saw the fullback, he's looking directly at me," Soares said. "I knew he was coming my way, so I already knew. I went with all my power and all my might and I went crush him. I heard him when I hit him, I heard him -- he felt it."

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Post by Haynr8dr »

DC? Yes. HC? No.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

I say give Mac a chance.
ImageImage

808havok
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808havok »

Irse wrote:I say give Mac a chance.
i have a feeling coach mac will leave to coach with JJ... just a hunch...

CoachKen
Insider
Insider

Post by CoachKen »

Head coach is a position that requires so many talents far beyond "Xs" and "Os" We should not be as concerned with a football genius but more a "people genius." A powerful personality who can attract dollars and talent to the program.

The key at UH is continuity and quickly. Any speculation on a head coach I think is truly predicated on how quickly Herman Frazier can be fired. If the decision is his, it will be August before he gets around to making a decision. Normally I have not been extremely vocal regarding our AD, but you can only strike out so many times.

I like McMackin as the top choice followed by Cal Lee. This stops the bleeding quickly. I think if Greg were offered the job he would consider it and June would encourage him, he wants his assistants to have opportunities. The longer we wait to hire a new coach the more players begin jumping ship to go somewhere else and the more recruits we lose. Many will go to SMU!

Monday will be an interesting day to say the least. SMU will call a press conference for sure and the final announcement will be made at that time.

CoachKen
Character, strength, and honor!

anihc
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by anihc »

Thanks Coach Ken for you insight and very respected opinion.
The Warriors need a coach like JJ who loves Hawaii for what it is.
I've heard Jeff Reinbold talk passionately about his love for the culture, people and Aloha that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. He mends with the polynesians and backgrounds.
His Head coaching experience In the Canadian and NFL Europe would help in transition.
Coach Mac would be great also as you said. Cal Lee would be interesting, but doesn't have the mainland connections as others.
Need a HC that can take over right away and lead the program instantly in 2008.

UHALLDAWAY808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by UHALLDAWAY808 »

CoachKen wrote:Head coach is a position that requires so many talents far beyond "Xs" and "Os" We should not be as concerned with a football genius but more a "people genius." A powerful personality who can attract dollars and talent to the program.

The key at UH is continuity and quickly. Any speculation on a head coach I think is truly predicated on how quickly Herman Frazier can be fired. If the decision is his, it will be August before he gets around to making a decision. Normally I have not been extremely vocal regarding our AD, but you can only strike out so many times.

I like McMackin as the top choice followed by Cal Lee. This stops the bleeding quickly. I think if Greg were offered the job he would consider it and June would encourage him, he wants his assistants to have opportunities. The longer we wait to hire a new coach the more players begin jumping ship to go somewhere else and the more recruits we lose. Many will go to SMU!

Monday will be an interesting day to say the least. SMU will call a press conference for sure and the final announcement will be made at that time.

CoachKen
i agree with CoachKen...Cal Lee...didnt he run a similar Offense at St. Louis??

Warriors#1
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Warriors#1 »

Jeff Reinbold would be a excellent choice I think. He has previous head coaching experience I believe. Also he is a awesome recruiter and seems to love hawaii from what I have heard in interviews.
Morrison should get a chance to run the offense. He has been the QB coach since June has been here and must know the ins and outs of the run and shoot almost as well as June by now.
I doubt Mcmackin is staying as he is traveling with Jones too Dallas. Doesn;t his family live there also?

JarHead
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by JarHead »

Mac would be great for the program! He didn't accompany June on the trip to Dallas this evening. KGMB showed June checking in at the American Airlines counter. If not Mac, Cal would be the next choice and then Reinbold. Either way UH needs Reinbold to stay on for recruiting purposes.