Introduce yourself

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
BKWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by BKWarrior »

Name: BK, full name........Enzo Javier Jean-Pierre Malave Louis De Rossa

Schools: PS 100, Edgewood/East Highschool, MATC, UW-Wisconsin
Work: Former auto mechanic, now working at a pharmacy, also a full time student studing Photography.

Affiliation to UH sports: Football fan, love the cheerleaders

Sports: football, calcio (soccer, defensive midfield) basketball, bowling, baseball (1st base, catcher). Took karate, boxing, and.....tap and flaminco dancing. Shut up!

Quote: The World is Not Enough (ripped off from James Bond) or.... Vaffanculo!

Hobbies: Sports, drinking, women, travel (a lot!), biking, photography, listening to music, learning languages (know italian, spanish, french, english, want to learn Japaneese, and portugeese)
Forza Italia, campioni del mondo!

PIAA DS
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by PIAA DS »

NAME Doris

SCHOOLS Fredneck..uh, Frederick H.S., Frederick MD , University of Maryland, College Park - yes Im a Terp; masters program Georgetown - too lazy to finish

WORK Washington Bullets (aka Wizards) of the NBA for almost 10 years - marketing and promotions, Translater, NAS Sigonella Italy, 3 years, Bank of America - 8 Years Banking Center Manger, Hawaii Sports Network then started PIAA in 2003

Sports always a bit of a jock. Ran track, played tennis, ok, I was also a cheerleader.. grew up going to Yankees games, then the Orioles, Redskins and the REAL and ORIGINAL Colts games. Played tennis at U of Maryland for brief time, couldnt afford to go to school w/no income, so I quit tennis (no scholies for girls back then) and started tutoring athletes such as Boomer Esiason, Mike Tice, Buck Williams to earn college money..Hey $7 an hour was a fortune back then! Paid my tuition!

affiliation to UH sports just a big fan.

hobbies Love to cook, unfortunately love to eat...love to visit my sons in Arizona

SectionACrazy
Starter
Starter
MLB: The Redinals and CardiSox
NBA: Boston Celtics since 70s
NFL: SF 49ers

Post by SectionACrazy »

Name: SectionACrazy-(From the days of UH b-ball @ Blaisdell since Riley's first year, holding up "BRICK", and "Bikini Big Chick" during opp. free-throws.)

Schools: Farrington '84/ HCC, others.

Affiliation to UH Sports: During '88(?) UH football season, got hooked up to shoot UH sports for schedule posters, but the owner of the business gave it up and I believe with the negatives of what I shot along with it. Also, been a UH sports fan since 4 yrs. old, especially b-ball, first UH football experience I can recall was @ old Honolulu Stadium.

Work: Currently a Training Associate for a financial firm. In my previous Hawaii life, I was a photographer, mainly with the tourist industry, then as a wedding photographer. Also did models, sports, boudoir, headshots, etc.

Quotes: Do as I say, not as I do. Know what I mean, not what I say.

Hobbies: I don't know about now, but what I used to include as hobbies are photography, UH sports, playing b-ball, pool, darts, hanging w/ friends, Kempo (Instructor's Assisstant aka Sample lol), MMA (Photographer for BullsPen and did some work for ICONSPORT)

Personal: Miss the Island life. Hope to possibly make it back soon.

BG
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Introduce yourself

Post by BG »

NAME: Randy AKA BG as in "Bleeding Green" (early RSN days)

SCHOOLS: Waipahu HS '65, UHM '70

SPORTS: HS football and track; got my "H" as UH frosh under Moses Ome

UH SPORTS AFFILIATION: Started as undergrad at football games and has grown to all the UH sports. Pro sports no longer excite me.

HOBBIES: Running (long and very slow). I'll take up golf when I retire.

WORK: 25 yrs in government property appraisal; presently SGM at Schofield.

QUOTE: "Make it a great day...if it's not, you're not working at it hard enough"

SCOTT, CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH FOR THIS BOARD.
There is no greater Love than that of one who lays his or her life down that others may have theirs.

CoachKen
Insider
Insider

Post by CoachKen »

Name: Ken AKA CoachKen
Schools: Orange Park High School (football, track), University of Richmond (football, track)
Occupation: Professional Speaker/Consultant, Head Track Coach, Assisant football, Nease High School.
Affliation with UH Sports: My son Rick is a slot receiver for UH.
Famous Quote:
We are defined by each choice we make in life
Fun Facts:Still compete in track and field (Masters division, 55-59, in the pole vault (Indoor National Championship is March 24th). Hobby? UH Football!
Character, strength, and honor!

jr97124
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by jr97124 »

NAME: jr
SCHOOL: Mililani high c/o 81
SPORTS: HS football
UH SPORTS AFFILIATION: live long UH fan, mom grad from UH.
WORK: Propane delivery driver, yes i drive a bomb. :lol: and make good money doing it.
HOBBIES: Softball,coaching b-ball
SOMETHING YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW: My oldest son is the famous J-ROD, who spends way to much time on this board. :lol:

UH-FAN19
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by UH-FAN19 »

Name: Adam
Schools: Ho'okena Elementary, Silverado Middle School, Woodcreek High School, Sierra College.
Affiliation with UH Sports:Born and raised in Kona Dad was a huge UH fan and so am I.
Famous Quote:
Fun Facts: 3 brothers all UH fans 2 post on these boards. And I'm smarter than all of them. :wink:

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

Name: Duster, Madman, Mad Hawaiian

Schools attended: UH Manoa

Affiliation to UH Sports: Fan of all UH sports.

Hobbies: Food
Last edited by Duster on Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

COACH BEE
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by COACH BEE »

Name: Coach "B"

Schools attended: Sterling Elementary '76 (Ft. Lauderdale, Fla), :-$ Pavai'ai Elementary '77 - '81 (Am. Samoa), Laie Elementary '81 (Laie, Oahu), Kahuku Intermediate '81-'84, Whitehorse High :o (Four Corners, UT) '84, Uintah High '85-'87 (Vernal, UT), Kahuku High ('87 - '89), BYU (BS), Chaminade (MEd) Still not finished....give up already :cry: !

Affiliation to UH Sports: \:D/ Always wanted to be a Warrior-even before the cool black uniforms and the Dk. Green metallic helmets.

Sports In Hawaii: Football, Basketball, & Track & Field

Work: Administrator for Head Start and Early Head Start Preschool Programs on the island of Oahu :-

Favorite Quote: "We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do anything with nothing." (I don't really know who said it but I put it to memory when I first read it.)

Hobbies: Coaching, volunteering with youth sports and extracurricular activities.

Miscellaneous: I love Ice Cream....Especially Haagen Daz. \:D/
KAHUKU RED RAIDERS
2005-06 STATE FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS!!!

PUNAHOU BUFFANBLU
2008 STATE FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS!!!

SectionACrazy
Starter
Starter
MLB: The Redinals and CardiSox
NBA: Boston Celtics since 70s
NFL: SF 49ers

Post by SectionACrazy »

SectionACrazy wrote:Name: SectionACrazy-(From the days of UH b-ball @ Blaisdell since Riley's first year, holding up "BRICK", and "Bikini Big Chick" during opp. free-throws.)

Schools: Farrington '84/ HCC, others.

Affiliation to UH Sports: During '88(?) UH football season, got hooked up to shoot UH sports for schedule posters, but the owner of the business gave it up and I believe with the negatives of what I shot along with it. Also, been a UH sports fan since 4 yrs. old, especially b-ball, first UH football experience I can recall was @ old Honolulu Stadium.

Work: Currently a Training Associate for a financial firm. In my previous Hawaii life, I was a photographer, mainly with the tourist industry, then as a wedding photographer. Also did models, sports, boudoir, headshots, etc.

Quotes: Do as I say, not as I do. Know what I mean, not what I say.

Hobbies: I don't know about now, but what I used to include as hobbies are photography, UH sports, playing b-ball, pool, darts, hanging w/ friends, Kempo (Instructor's Assisstant aka Sample lol), MMA (Photographer for BullsPen and did some work for ICONSPORT)

Personal: Miss the Island life. Hope to possibly make it back soon.
Forgot to mention: Little league B-ball, coached and sponsored Rec league b-ball teams and would like to do so again when back in the islands.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Name: Irse
Schools attended: Wooddale H.S. (Memphis,TN), Memphis State Univ. (now Univ. of Memphis) 1977-1979, San Jose State Univ 2000, UH from 200-2002 Some grad work for 2 years then off to UT Houston Dental School
Affiliation to UH Sports: I love UH football
Sports In Hawaii: Couple of marathons and a few powerlifting meets.
Work: Dentist
Hobbies: Photography and snowboarding.

Actually I've lived many places but the funnest place was here

Always had something to do as a kid. Never too far from the beach. At its widest width, it was 1 mile wide.
Last edited by Irse on Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

dopaco24
High-quality H20 provider

Post by dopaco24 »

Name: Patrick

Schools: Hartselle High School(Hartselle, AL)2002

Work: Army

Affiliation to UH Sports: I go to as many games as I can, Baseball, MBB, MVB, WVB, and, of course, Football. I think after the next men's basketball game, I will have attended my 65th UH sporting event since October 2003. I have been a football season ticket holder a total of one year and I love it!!!

Sports: Baseball, Basketball, Football, Volleyball, Running, and my new hobby/sport Ultimate Frisbee.

Quote: "I thought you were going to tell me you either got some teenage girl pregnant, killed someone, were gay, or worse, that you're an Auburn fan." - my dad, an Alabama Fan, after finding out in 2003 that I had told him that I was a die hard Hawaii fan before the Alabama game.

Hobbies: Volunteering for the Hawaii Bowl!!!! Not much else after that. I just lurk on this board a lot. You guys type too fast for me to post replies!

Germ
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Germ »

Name: Germ (but as I get older, less and less people call me that)
Schools attended: Kamiloiki, Kamehameha, USC, UH
Affiliation to UH Sports: I used to work as a tutor in the athletics department.
Sports In Hawaii: I ran the Great Aloha Run this year...slower than I walked it two years ago.
Work: Teacher at a local private school.
Hobbies: Eating and reminiscing about the places that I've eaten before

race

Post by race »

Name: Race

Schools attended: Kamehameha Schools(1998), Chapman University(2002)

Affiliation to UH Sports: Know some of the players around my age(current and not so current).

Sports In Hawaii: High School Surf team

Work: Mortgage Loan Officer: Central Pacific HomeLoans, Valet Attendant:Sam Choy's Restaurant, Musician: Action Sports Film scoring(surfing, skateboarding, etc.) and Currency Trader: ForEx Market

Famous Quote:
"Greed is good." -Gordon Gecko, Wall Street
"If things aren't going YOUR way, blame YOURSELF." -Sunny Garcia

Hobbies: Surfing, Music Production, Forex.com, BBQ'ing, meeting interesting new people, bodysurfing, fishing(not really catching) and the occasional video game session. Drinking good scotch.
It goes up to eleven...

GoWarriorsGo
All-conference
All-conference

Post by GoWarriorsGo »

Name: gowarriorsgo

Schools attended: Attended high school in California. Various college degrees, including a couple from UH.

Affiliation to UH Sports: Fan of Hawaii football since childhood. Enjoy most UH sports. Work at UH. Family members currently attending UH.

Sports In Hawaii: Judo, Aikido, Weightlifting, all sorts of recreational sports

Hobbies: working :p

Miscellaneous: I am also a huge fan of UCLA football. But if the two ever meet, I want a Warrior victory! In the 1970s, I thought the warrior on the football helmet was a menehune.