Must See TV

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Must See TV

Post by Scott »

Sorry if there is a thread for this already.

My wife and I are always looking for something to watch, "next". Here is my list of shows/series that I enjoyed. Some are recent and some are old. Please list your, "must see TV."

In no particular order:
Ozarks 3 seasons (Money Laundering)
Sneaky Pete 3 Seasons (Con Artist)
Hanna 2 seasons (Espionage)
Cobra Kai 2 seasons (Karate Kid)
Zero Zero Zero 1 season (Cartel)
Animal Kingdon 4 seasons (Family of thieves)
Kingdom 3 seasons (MMA)
Queen of the South 4 seasons (Cartel)
Ronny Chieng Asian Comedian Destroys America (Hilarious Stand up)
Joykoy Comin' in Hot (stand up)
Kevin Hart Irresponsible (stand up)
The Last Dance 1 season (Michael Jordan)
Sherlock 4 seasons (It's on netflix but I'm talking about the one from BBC)
The Office 9 seasons (A classic comedy)
Black List 7 seasons (espionage)
24 9 seasons (Counter Terrorist unit)
The Umbrella Academy 2 seasons (super powers)
Breaking Bad (5 seasons)
Lost in Space 2 seasons (remake 2018-2019)
Merlin 5 seasons (Adventure)
Marco Polo 2 seasons (netflix original)
Firefly 1 season (Space Western) + Serenity (movie)
Fringe 5 seasons (Sci-Fi)
House 8 seasons (Doctor Series)
Monk 8 seasons (Dective/Police Series)
Psyche 8 seasons (Dective/Police Series)
Star Trek Discovery 3 seasons (Sci-fi)
Picard 1 season (Sci-fi)
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Re: Must See TV

Post by ubercow »

seen the psych 2 movie on peacock (free) recently, worth a watch if you liked the tv series.
and here's an old odd pick, the three seasons of documental that they have on amazon prime is pretty good. it's a japanese game show where comedians each bring in $10K of their own money into a single room. if you laugh, you're out. winner collects everyone's money.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

ubercow wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:17 pm it's a japanese game show where comedians each bring in $10K of their own money into a single room. if you laugh, you're out. winner collects everyone's money.
Is it subtitled? Do you remember the name?

Mahalo,
Scott

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ubercow »

Scott wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:05 pm
ubercow wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:17 pm it's a japanese game show where comedians each bring in $10K of their own money into a single room. if you laugh, you're out. winner collects everyone's money.
Is it subtitled? Do you remember the name?
it's subtitled, and it's named 'documental'

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

I suppose that any TV program is better than watching Spectrum's rotation in their inventory of 2019 UH wins, over and over again. There are a couple of games where they added fake crowd noise into the background sounds and it is really irritating.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

My3Cats wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:32 am I suppose that any TV program is better than watching Spectrum's rotation in their inventory of 2019 UH wins, over and over again. There are a couple of games where they added fake crowd noise into the background sounds and it is really irritating.
Watch this one! I just recently watched it again, was awesome!

Link

Mahalo,
Scott

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Scott wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:41 am
My3Cats wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:32 am I suppose that any TV program is better than watching Spectrum's rotation in their inventory of 2019 UH wins, over and over again. There are a couple of games where they added fake crowd noise into the background sounds and it is really irritating.
Watch this one! I just recently watched it again, was awesome!

Link
That was a great comeback win. But my favorite season to watch the R&S was 2006. Plenty of romps in that season. Video game offense. I'll have to pull out my old recordings.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ubercow »

on the topic of ronny chieng stand-up, here's a couple of his older 5 minute sets, good stuff

Link

Link

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

ubercow wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:19 pm on the topic of ronny chieng stand-up, here's a couple of his older 5 minute sets, good stuff

Link

Link
I only saw the "Destroys America" special. Where can you find others?

Mahalo,
Scott

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

COVID: Race Against the Virus

It typically takes 10 years for a new vaccine to go through animal and human trials to test whether it's safe and effective, and then bring it to market. COVID-19 afforded no such luxury--it was spreading and killing at an unprecedented rate. The response: a collaborative effort by the global scientific community, where pharma companies banded together to take on a common foe. Filmed as the pandemic unfolded, we track the first stages of the fight, told by the virologists, modelers, immunologists, and other scientists who led the charge.

This program aired on the Smithsonian Channel this past weekend. I don't see it being aired over the next two weeks, but it will come back at some point or watch the program online.
ImageImageImageImage

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ubercow »

Scott wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:43 pm I only saw the "Destroys America" special. Where can you find others?
youtube has a bit, if you watch those it'll probably autosuggest some for you.

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

The Food That Built America

For generations of Americans, food entrepreneurs like James Kraft, Milton Hershey, the Swanson family, and the McDonald brothers have literally been household names, but you don’t know their stories. Before they were brands, they were brilliant, sometimes ruthless visionaries who revolutionized food and changed the landscape of America forever. This series turns the lens on an iconic selection of bold pioneers behind such iconic foods as Oreo, Cheetos, pizza, and more.

Modern Marvels

New Season Sunday, February 21 at 10/9c

History favorite Modern Marvels is back…with a fresh take and a new attitude. This time Modern Marvels goes straight for the taste buds in an all-compassing celebration and exploration of food.

Gun Stories

Hosted by actor and gun enthusiast Joe Mantegna, Gun Stories takes viewers through a firearm's history, from the heart of the design through its use on the range.

Hollywood Weapons

Prepare To Be Blown Away! What is scientific fact – and what is Hollywood fantasy? Some of the most thrilling weapons action sequences from movies and TV are put to the test on Hollywood Weapons, the all-new Outdoor Channel original series.
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

How Did They Build That?

Across the globe, radical architects, ingenious engineers, and skilled builders are creating structures so outrageous, they defy logic...and often even gravity. From a Manhattan skyscraper that looks like a Jenga tower to a Singapore glass dome big enough to house a mountain to a high rise in Italy with a built-in forest, we examine the world's most extraordinary buildings, bridges, and lifts, reveal their design secrets, and discover the incredible stories of their construction as we try to answer the question: How Did They Build That?

Air Disasters

Every time a plane crashes, the world takes notice...and so do the experts whose job it is to figure out what happened. This season, we uncover why a state-of-the-art helicopter full of oil workers plummeted into the North Atlantic, how a Pakistani airliner ended up on a crash course with the Himalayas, and the chilling reason why an airliner slammed into the African wilderness. Witness accounts, interviews with investigators, and white-knuckle reenactments bring these air disasters to stunning life.

Air Warriors

They are the high-flying pride of the U.S. military, one-of-a-kind warriors that, over the decades, collectively revolutionized aerial warfare. This series takes you behind the scenes to reveal the origin stories of the U.S. military's most iconic aircraft. We examine the unique features that make them so deadly and effective. Through rare, archival footage and compelling testimonies, meet the men and women who fly and maintain these Air Warriors and see how they've overcome incredible obstacles to rule the sky.

Disasters at Sea

Stories of humans against nature, heroism in the face of catastrophe, and deadly secrets buried at sea. Witness some of the most harrowing shipwrecks in modern history, presented through immersive firsthand accounts of the disasters and marine investigations that followed. From cruise liners to bulk carriers to fishing boats, we look back on the final moments of these doomed vessels and those who sacrificed it all to try to save their ships and their crews.
ImageImageImageImage