Doogie Kealoha, M.D. (working title)

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Doogie Kealoha, M.D. (working title)

Post by Kailuaboy »

‘Doogie Howser’ Female-Led Reboot ‘Doogie Kealoha, M.D.’ In Works At Disney+ From Kourtney Kang

By Nellie Andreeva
April 8, 2020 10:00am

Shutterstock/Kourtney Kang

Doogie Howser, M.D., ABC’s classic 1989 half-hour medical dramedy series, is making a comeback
and getting a makeover. I have learned that Disney+ is developing Doogie Kealoha, M.D. (working title),
a reboot of the Neil Patrick Harris-starring show with a female lead, which comes from How I Met Your
Mother and Fresh Off the Boat alumna Kourtney Kang and 20th Century Fox TV.

Set in Hawaii, Doogie Kealoha, M.D. centers on a 16-year-old half Asian, half white girl who works as
a doctor. The lead character’s ethnicity reflects Hawaii-born Kang’s own background — she previously
tapped into her experiences growing up in a mixed-race family in a comedy pilot for NBC.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: Doogie Kealoha, M.D. (working title)

Post by Irse »

Looks interesting. Hope it's shot here too.
ImageImage

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

LOL. That article (including the original article through the link) is kinda misleading as I thought that Kourtney Kang (as pictured) was going to be the star of the show. She does not look anything like a 16 year old.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

My3Cats wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:36 pm LOL. That article (including the original article through the link) is kinda misleading as I thought that Kourtney Kang (as pictured) was going to be the star of the show. She does not look anything like a 16 year old.
LOL I did too. Would be nice if they could pick a local girl as the lead.
ImageImage

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Irse wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:55 pm
My3Cats wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:36 pm LOL. That article (including the original article through the link) is kinda misleading as I thought that Kourtney Kang (as pictured) was going to be the star of the show. She does not look anything like a 16 year old.
LOL I did too. Would be nice if they could pick a local girl as the lead.
But knowing how Hollywood works, it will probably be someone in their 20's or 30's, part Asian, no ties to Hawaii and no Hawaiian blood. Hawaii 5-0 and other previous TV shows comes to mind with their lead characters.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.