How can I stop Google survey from popping up?

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

How can I stop Google survey from popping up?

Post by ulua »

Aloha All,

Does anyone know how I can prevent this google survey from popping up? It seems every time I open the Star-Advertiser web page on my iPhone I keep getting this google survey pop up which is annoying. I tried deleting my browser history but that didn’t work.

Thanks for your help.

Mahalo,
Ulua

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Re: How can I stop Google survey from popping up?

Post by ubercow »

you could try looking at an ad blocker. the star-advertiser is pretty bad the way they inundate users (even ones with subscriptions) with ads.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Actually as of earlier this month I noticed that whenever I open my Google Chrome on one of my laptops, there are a ton of ads popping up. I just ran through the steps on this page for PCs but there is a section for Androids if your telephone is an Android.
https://support.google.com/chrome/answe ... ktop&hl=en
If, I open any Microsoft Edge or Firefox, I don't have the same problems.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ubercow »

shrek2 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:38 pm Actually as of earlier this month I noticed that whenever I open my Google Chrome on one of my laptops, there are a ton of ads popping up. I just ran through the steps on this page for PCs but there is a section for Androids if your telephone is an Android.
remove/disable any extensions that look weird:
type this in your chrome address bar: chrome://extensions/
also check here to run the cleanup tool to look if your chrome got hacked
also in address bar: chrome://settings/cleanup

also for both issues, check your computers with a free malware scanner like malwarebytes https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/

I should start billing for tech support :lol:

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

ubercow wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:25 pm
shrek2 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:38 pm Actually as of earlier this month I noticed that whenever I open my Google Chrome on one of my laptops, there are a ton of ads popping up. I just ran through the steps on this page for PCs but there is a section for Androids if your telephone is an Android.
remove/disable any extensions that look weird:
type this in your chrome address bar: chrome://extensions/
also check here to run the cleanup tool to look if your chrome got hacked
also in address bar: chrome://settings/cleanup

also for both issues, check your computers with a free malware scanner like malwarebytes https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/

I should start billing for tech support :lol:
Thanks. I'll be scanning some Jacksons and sending them over to you. :D Seems like when I did the reset, it worked but will give your solution a try if the pop-ups come up. Thanks again. For the person who might still be having a problem with his phone, Google Helpdesk doesn't seem to have a problem with you calling them if it's a Google problem.

ulua
All-American
All-American

Post by ulua »

ubercow wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:17 pm you could try looking at an ad blocker. the star-advertiser is pretty bad the way they inundate users (even ones with subscriptions) with ads.
Mahalo ubercow for the info. I downloaded the Norton’s ad blocker and so far so good, I actually got to read an entire report without that irritating google add lol 😂 thanks again. :hello1:

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ubercow »

ulua wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:31 pm
ubercow wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:17 pm you could try looking at an ad blocker. the star-advertiser is pretty bad the way they inundate users (even ones with subscriptions) with ads.
Mahalo ubercow for the info. I downloaded the Norton’s ad blocker and so far so good, I actually got to read an entire report without that irritating google add lol 😂 thanks again. :hello1:
cool. if your ad blocker has site settings, leave ads on for sportshawaii if you can. those minimal ads we use at just the top and bottom here pay for the site's server/domain costs.

ulua
All-American
All-American

Post by ulua »

ubercow wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:58 pm
ulua wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:31 pm
cool. if your ad blocker has site settings, leave ads on for sportshawaii if you can. those minimal ads we use at just the top and bottom here pay for the site's server/domain costs.
Ok, I just added sports Hawai’i to the exception list.

Thanks again