Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

Post by wyokie »

My3Cats wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:58 am
SundayJam wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:51 am
My3Cats wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:10 am Trump is running scared. His bully tactics riles up his base, but for someone trying to enlist the average suburban housewife, this must be terrifying. Support Trump or get kidnapped and killed by his toothless thugs.
I couldn't disagree more. Trump is the president by mistake. The idiots who supported him did so by ignoring their ideology in support of an embarrassing Machiavellian ideology. The summation of modern Republicans amounts to the overturn of Roe V. Wade. There isn't anything else. They spend more and pollute more. Republicans complain about deficits, and yet they have contributed the most to America's debt. Donald Trump has contributed to America's debt the most. Continue to build your ineffective wall...continue to promote weird, ineffective antidotes for Covid-19.
This problem goes back to the 2016 election when the Democratic electorate put up the seriously flawed Hillary on the ballot and gave the independents and Hillary haters someone else to vote for. As bad as Trump was, and has since shown to be, Hillary was a far worse option at the time.
Hence why I voted for Trump. BTW, Biden is almost as bad as Hillary was, IMO.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

EITSwarrior wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:12 am

I couldn't disagree more. Trump is the president by mistake. The idiots who supported him did so by ignoring their ideology in support of an embarrassing Machiavellian ideology. The summation of modern Republicans amounts to the overturn of Roe V. Wade. There isn't anything else. They spend more and pollute more. Republicans complain about deficits, and yet they have contributed the most to America's debt. Donald Trump has contributed to America's debt the most. Continue to build your ineffective wall...continue to promote weird, ineffective antidotes for Covid-19.
This problem goes back to the 2016 election when the Democratic electorate put up the seriously flawed Hillary on the ballot and gave the independents and Hillary haters someone else to vote for. As bad as Trump was, and has since shown to be, Hillary was a far worse option at the time.
I’m sorry I fail to see how Hilary was a “far worse option” at the time. Yeah she had her flaws, but anyone with an ounce of knowledge of government, domestic and international, and Trump’s business acumen knew they weren’t gonna mix well.
Remember Benghazi? The death of several American including our Ambassador to Libya, Chris Stevens.

Plus, she deleted who knows how many emails about that attack off her government email which you are not supposed to do.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

wyokie wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:45 pm

I’m sorry I fail to see how Hilary was a “far worse option” at the time. Yeah she had her flaws, but anyone with an ounce of knowledge of government, domestic and international, and Trump’s business acumen knew they weren’t gonna mix well.
Remember Benghazi? The death of several American including our Ambassador to Libya, Chris Stevens.

Plus, she deleted who knows how many emails about that attack off her government email which you are not supposed to do.
Oh my lord are you still on that? Even with those, she would’ve been a better president than Trump. Everyone and their mama knows that to be true.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

My3Cats wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:10 am Trump is running scared. His bully tactics riles up his base, but for someone trying to enlist the average suburban housewife, this must be terrifying. Support Trump or get kidnapped and killed by his toothless thugs.
It's not just Roe vs. Wade on the line. Trump is still going back to the Supreme Court to appeal releasing his taxes. At a time when gun violence in the US is so high, Amy Coney Barrett is an advocate for arming non-violent felons. Win for the NRA.
https://www.newsweek.com/barrett-nra-mc ... ty-1539852
This may be somewhat OT but we may have 4 more years of suffering from the pandemic, disasters like the fires in California much of which is managed by BLM, and a general lowering of the standard of living for the have nots.

Meanwhile Trump continues to hammer his experts.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=msedgdhp
Probably all because he didn't want to be in any of Trump's campaign advertisements.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

wyokie wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:40 pm
Hence why I voted for Trump. BTW, Biden is almost as bad as Hillary was, IMO.
You voted for Trump, because you wanted to vote for a TV personality. You are a victim of a personality cult. The same could be said of those who voted for Ronald Reagan back in the day. You bought into the hype. Donald Trump is not a successful businessman. He is a successful TV personality. Heck, Ronald Reagan was nothing but a successful movie persona created by the movie industry. Yes, I understand that the likes of Walter Mondale, Al Gore, and Hillary Clinton are not easily understood by yer average hick. You may say that Hillary Clinton was responsible for the attack on the embassy in Libya, or that she was negligent for using a private server for her emails, but these claims are either ridiculous or just plain stupid. These supposed, lock-her-up crimes were fabricated. Trump has been impeached. His crimes and those of his staff are real. He and his appointed mouth-pieces have made America the Greatest sufferer of Covid-19 in the world.

Who would vote for an aged TV personality, beauty pageant promoter? Shame on you. I agree that the rest of the Republican candidates were idiots. So, why did Trump appoint them to head important government departments? Biden is flawed, but he is real. Trump is a clown.

Link

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Scott Atlas' herd immunity is going through scrutiny.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-vir ... d=msedgntp
And to think, we have a radiologist from Stanford in charge of dealing with this pandemic.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Atlas

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Maybe I should have put, and emphasized "IMHO"? And BTW, I voted for that seriously flawed Democratic nominee because I was never a Trumper, and felt that he "IMHO" was worse.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Jordan Klepper views himself as an American hero before a comedian but in the video below he interviews Trump rally attendees.

Link
The sad thing is, there are people that sees his word as gospel. They believe that if Biden wins, its because "they" cheated and if Trump wins its legitimate. The funniest part of the video to me is that two women believe that QAnon is real and they believe that John F. Kennedy Jr. is not dead and he is in the back of Trump's stage. A lot of the interview is about masks.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

My3Cats wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:36 am

Maybe I should have put, and emphasized "IMHO"? And BTW, I voted for that seriously flawed Democratic nominee because I was never a Trumper, and felt that he "IMHO" was worse.
I talked to some people before and after the 2016 election and one older guy at the gym said Hillary was despicable. Here was a quiet, always smiling type guy who first showed any kind of emotion. So, I looked on the internet and found those words associated with Clinton at the Benghazi hearings. To me personally, she came off as the angry white female which alienated a lot of the white males who were divorced from women like her. During the debates, she let Trump walk in front of her like he was taking over. And, two weeks before the election Clinton says she's going to put all coal miners out of work. That's a very arrogant thing to say. Then there was the Comey revelation and she did not make a significant stage presence but relied on Michelle Obama, Barrack Obama, her husband and others to speak in her defense. On the night of her election she was sobbing uncontrollably she could not come out to make a concession speech. Needlesstosay, I voted for the lesser of two evils which was the losing candidate. For me, right now, anything but a crooked dictator.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

shrek2 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:57 pm
I talked to some people before and after the 2016 election and one older guy at the gym said Hillary was despicable. Here was a quiet, always smiling type guy who first showed any kind of emotion. So, I looked on the internet and found those words associated with Clinton at the Benghazi hearings. To me personally, she came off as the angry white female which alienated a lot of the white males who were divorced from women like her. During the debates, she let Trump walk in front of her like he was taking over. And, two weeks before the election Clinton says she's going to put all coal miners out of work. That's a very arrogant thing to say. Then there was the Comey revelation and she did not make a significant stage presence but relied on Michelle Obama, Barrack Obama, her husband and others to speak in her defense. On the night of her election she was sobbing uncontrollably she could not come out to make a concession speech. Needlesstosay, I voted for the lesser of two evils which was the losing candidate. For me, right now, anything but a crooked dictator.
I've been encountering this nonsense my whole life. Back when G.W. Bush was challenging Al Gore, a man with his son approached me at a bookstore and said, "Do you see this man (AL Gore)? He wrote a book about climate change and he isn't even a scientist!" Another idiot told me that I should listen to Rush Limbaugh...when I asked why, he said, "I don't know, but you gotta listen to what he says." Prior to the 2016 election, someone told me that he didn't like Hilary, because of the whole Bengazi thing.

Anyone who doesn't hold President Donald Trump personally responsible for the state of America should take personal responsibility for his $100 million loan coming due next year.

The Comey revelation was equally unprecedented. I am not convinced that he (Comey) was not in cahoots with the soon-to-be president. The fall-out seemed so contrived.

For me, this is Trump's base.

Link

I don't dislike them. However, they're leading America down the wrong path.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Who says the coronavirus isn't political? https://twitter.com/i/status/1318344691922841605

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Link

Link

Link

At 3:10, Governor Cuomo states that New York has one of the lowest rates of infection in the country...including the White House.
Yo, there are many, densely populated, poor countries in the world that have a lower infection rate than Donald Trump's house. RESPECT SCIENCE!!!

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Link
Trump doing that political thang. What a fake.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Trump is still saying we are "rounding the corner" on the pandemic even as the nation has the highest number of Covid cases. I wonder what kinds of people actually believe this idiot and are drinking the Koolaid?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=msedgntp
Mr. Trump was combative and testy during his interview with the “60 Minutes” correspondent Lesley Stahl, insisting, as he has done repeatedly in recent days despite surging coronavirus cases, that the country was “rounding the corner” on the pandemic.

“We’ve done a very, very good job,” he said at one point, falsely arguing that the increase in cases was because “we’re doing so much testing.”