Page 20 of 23

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:02 pm
by SundayJam
https://www.yahoo.com/news/as-covid-cas ... 27926.html
The early stages of the EU and U.S. outbreaks were strikingly similar. At the beginning of March, neither place had recorded many cases. But soon Europe started to spike, logging about 1,800 cases on March 7, about 7,000 on March 14 and about 20,000 on March 21.

For a couple of days, America lagged behind. Then, around March 18, our curve started to rise at the exact same angle.

By the end of March, the EU had peaked at about 30,000 new COVID-19 cases per day. The U.S., however, was still heading upward. A few days later, on April 3, America finally passed Europe for the first time in the daily case count.

And that’s when the two curves stopped resembling each other.
Image

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:35 pm
by SundayJam
Image

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:59 pm
by SundayJam
Image

An Arizona river today during a massive surge in the virus state-wide. I wonder why...

Over here, there has not been a single case of locally spread virus in a month. Why can't people just wear a mask and social distance? Do it and it's bumbai pau! Grow up and take your medicine children!

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:14 pm
by wyokie
Went to Medicine Park, Oklahoma yesterday which is in the southwest part of the state near Lawton and NOT a single person was seen wearing a mask. Lots of people enjoying the outdoor stuff. My parents and I were the only ones there wearing masks. And people wonder why cases have spiked like crazy here.

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:29 pm
by SundayJam
wyokie wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:14 pm
Went to Medicine Park, Oklahoma yesterday which is in the southwest part of the state near Lawton and NOT a single person was seen wearing a mask. Lots of people enjoying the outdoor stuff. My parents and I were the only ones there wearing masks. And people wonder why cases have spiked like crazy here.
Image

Which one are you? There is hope in the world if some of these guys can wear a mask. However, even with these few, it won't help unless it's at least 90%. I can guess-ti-mate 10% are wearing a mask. Without social distancing...in an enclosed, loud room...I'm not sure if even that would work. Yes, this is a photo from last week's rally in Tulsa, a state which is also seeing a massive surge in infection spread.

Out here, everyone wears a mask even though there hasn't been any sign of the scourge for some time now. We lost only 58 lives to date. Almost none are in a hospital with the disease. A few are in quarantine after returning home with the bug. Beating this thing is super simple.

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:07 am
by SundayJam


Link

I highly recommend a view to those of you who have not watched this highly appropriate video. It was posted on March 12...and it's still a valid commentary on America's reaction to the pandemic. Seriously, this pandemic is not political or religious...it is a scientific fact. Suck it up and step up! To quote Forrest Gump again, "Stupid is as stupid does." Let's stop being stupid.

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:33 am
by SundayJam
Irse wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:05 am
Tax day moved to July 15
What are the political ramifications of this on the pandemic?
In hindsight, we have at least 100k people who don't have to file tax returns at all.
Thank you, Mr. President.

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:35 am
by SundayJam
Irse wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:06 am
shrek2 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:34 am
Yet another indiscretion by lawmakers in Washington amid the coronavirus where they sold their stock before the market crash.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=primedhp
And they knew about it in January after a briefing.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=primedhp
Is this why the economy is tanking and the virus has gone out of control?
If those lawmakers had advanced info, they should be put in jail for insider trading.
I would argue that anybody in the know should have divested interests long before these idiots were informed.

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:41 am
by SundayJam
Irse wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:02 am
Now Trump wants to ease social distancing. What a moron.
Yes...I know you understand. This has been the bane of our...everything.

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:57 am
by wyokie
SundayJam wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:07 am


Link
Seriously, this pandemic is not political or religious...it is a scientific fact. Suck it up and step up! To quote Forrest Gump again, "Stupid is as stupid does." Let's stop being stupid.
I agree.

Thankfully, businesses here in OKC have their employees wear masks. But when I go to the grocery store about half the customers don't even wear one. I'm not counting the little kids since I NEVER once seen a child wear a mask since this whole mess started.

I have high school classmate (Class of 1992) who lives in Nevada and she's married to a guy running for a seat in the state legislature. His thing is "No Mask Nevada." They both think wearing a mask is a complete joke. :roll:

Should the second wave (predicted to hit this Fall) end up being worse than the current wave, it'll be damned interesting how everyone reacts to it.

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:13 am
by SundayJam
wyokie wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:57 am
I agree.

Thankfully, businesses here in OKC have their employees wear masks. But when I go to the grocery store about half the customers don't even wear one. I'm not counting the little kids since I NEVER once seen a child wear a mask since this whole mess started.

I have high school classmate (Class of 1992) who lives in Nevada and she's married to a guy running for a seat in the state legislature. His thing is "No Mask Nevada." They both think wearing a mask is a complete joke. :roll:

Should the second wave (predicted to hit this Fall) end up being worse than the current wave, it'll be damned interesting how everyone reacts to it.
The kids I have been around here have cried when their masks broke back in February. Yeah...I admit I broke the kid's mask and stapled it for her and received subsequent admiration. EVERY kid here wears a mask. Here, you can't even get into a grocery store without a mask, a temperature check, and a (dubious) registry. I know, the registry only matters if we have covid-19 in the country, but they are making an effort to...be proactive.

Republican states like Arizona, Texas, and Florida have flouted the CDC rule book. They've thumbed their nose at the whole thing and called it a democratic hoax. Well...science ain't democratic. We've all been watching this train-wreck with horror unfold over the last 4 or 5 months. Hush little babies, and take the medicine. Wear masks and practice social distancing. It only takes 3 weeks...not 3 or 4 months!

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:30 am
by wyokie
SundayJam wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:13 am
wyokie wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:57 am
I agree.

Thankfully, businesses here in OKC have their employees wear masks. But when I go to the grocery store about half the customers don't even wear one. I'm not counting the little kids since I NEVER once seen a child wear a mask since this whole mess started.

I have high school classmate (Class of 1992) who lives in Nevada and she's married to a guy running for a seat in the state legislature. His thing is "No Mask Nevada." They both think wearing a mask is a complete joke. :roll:

Should the second wave (predicted to hit this Fall) end up being worse than the current wave, it'll be damned interesting how everyone reacts to it.
The kids I have been around here have cried when their masks broke back in February. Yeah...I admit I broke the kid's mask and stapled it for her and received subsequent admiration. EVERY kid here wears a mask. Here, you can't even get into a grocery store without a mask, a temperature check, and a (dubious) registry. I know, the registry only matters if we have covid-19 in the country, but they are making an effort to...be proactive.

Republican states like Arizona, Texas, and Florida have flouted the CDC rule book. They've thumbed their nose at the whole thing and called it a democratic hoax. Well...science ain't democratic. We've all been watching this train-wreck with horror unfold over the last 4 or 5 months. Hush little babies, and take the medicine. Wear masks and practice social distancing. It only takes 3 weeks...not 3 or 4 months!
Like I said, when the second wave hits...... :roll: The you-know-what will hit the fan in ways no one could possibly imagine.

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:38 am
by SundayJam
wyokie wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:30 am
Like I said, when the second wave hits...... :roll: The you-know-what will hit the fan in ways no one could possibly imagine.
Oh...this is an escalation of the first wave. I don't understand why there even needs to be a second wave. There doesn't need to be a second wave. It should only take 2-3 weeks for everyone to be covid free. Just do it, people...be A-political because this virus doesn't care about your social media.

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:43 am
by wyokie
SundayJam wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:38 am
wyokie wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:30 am
Like I said, when the second wave hits...... :roll: The you-know-what will hit the fan in ways no one could possibly imagine.
Oh...this is an escalation of the first wave. I don't understand why there even needs to be a second wave. There doesn't need to be a second wave. It should only take 2-3 weeks for everyone to be covid free. Just do it, people...be A-political because this virus doesn't care about your social media.
LOL Hate to say it but there will be a second wave...coming this fall. Every major outbreak throughout history i.e., Spanish Flu, the Black Death (late 1340s), has had at least 2 waves.

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:30 am
by shrek2
wyokie wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:14 pm
Went to Medicine Park, Oklahoma yesterday which is in the southwest part of the state near Lawton and NOT a single person was seen wearing a mask. Lots of people enjoying the outdoor stuff. My parents and I were the only ones there wearing masks. And people wonder why cases have spiked like crazy here.
Thanks for sharing what's going on in another part of the US. I believe when you're outdoors, keeping social distancing is in line. When you're indoors and there's a potential you will have contact with other people then masks should be mandatory or at a minimum the right thing to do. Masks is also for the other person not protection for the individual. The whole idea of the mask is to not spread your germs onto the next person. There seems to be some segments of the population that feel that they are above wearing masks indoors and keeping social distancing. Trump's rallies are an example of that where the leader of the country is saying its okay to do so. A lot of people feel like it's their right not to wear a mask for purely selfish reasons not considering the implications of what they might do to the next person. I guess you can feel good that you and your folks had the class not to spread any of your airborne disease to anyone at Medicine Park.

Yes, and I agree there will be a second wave when the weather cools down. Any wonder why Brazil is having an outbreak during our summer?