Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

Post by SundayJam »

Neither the presidential nor the vice-presidential debates have been up to par. Both Trump and Pence have been spinning untruths rather than facing reality. The moderators have been unable to control the propaganda spewed by the incumbents. These debates have been as enlightening as the MANY presidential spokespersons that have lied unrelentingly these past four years. That fly on Pence's hair was something right out of the Omen.

Link

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Governor Gretchen Whitmer for President in 2024! This lady has poise while her life is being threatened. People are threatening her because of the shutdown due to the coronavirus.

Link
I wished she was chosen as running mate long before one was chosen. Stay safe Governor Whitmer along with the rest of the family! You're my hero!

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

SundayJam wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:03 am Neither the presidential nor the vice-presidential debates have been up to par. Both Trump and Pence have been spinning untruths rather than facing reality. The moderators have been unable to control the propaganda spewed by the incumbents. These debates have been as enlightening as the MANY presidential spokespersons that have lied unrelentingly these past four years. That fly on Pence's hair was something right out of the Omen.

Link
That fly is so funny, and getting just too much attention. No response from Pence yet? No sense of humor? Must not want to incur further wrath from Trump.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

shrek2 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:36 am Governor Gretchen Whitmer for President in 2024! This lady has poise while her life is being threatened. People are threatening her because of the shutdown due to the coronavirus.

Link
I wished she was chosen as running mate long before one was chosen. Stay safe Governor Whitmer along with the rest of the family! You're my hero!
Agreed.

And those terrorist punks should be held with COVID positive, extremely sick patients - with no masks or social distancing.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

My3Cats wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:29 am
shrek2 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:36 am Governor Gretchen Whitmer for President in 2024! This lady has poise while her life is being threatened. People are threatening her because of the shutdown due to the coronavirus.

Link
Agreed.

And those terrorist punks should be held with COVID positive, extremely sick patients - with no masks or social distancing.
So...invite them to the White House, then?

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

What it's like to live covid free. We keep getting imported infectious people in quarantine. Listen to science and be free.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

My3Cats wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:27 am
SundayJam wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:03 am Neither the presidential nor the vice-presidential debates have been up to par. Both Trump and Pence have been spinning untruths rather than facing reality. The moderators have been unable to control the propaganda spewed by the incumbents. These debates have been as enlightening as the MANY presidential spokespersons that have lied unrelentingly these past four years. That fly on Pence's hair was something right out of the Omen.

Link
That fly is so funny, and getting just too much attention. No response from Pence yet? No sense of humor? Must not want to incur further wrath from Trump.
That's really shitty hair conditioner that he's using and should change brands. How does a fly get into the auditorium? Maybe Pence is full of it? :lol:

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Is the coronavirus a political virus? Does it spread because of Republican ideals?
https://www.yahoo.com/news/wisconsin-is ... 50745.html

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I had to watch a repeated Trump commercial on Fox because they were televising the 49ers. The commercial on Fox was that Trump is recovering and so is the country and then they brought on Dr. Fauci with his brief snip of an interview taken out of context but truth be known he didn't give his permission to be on the commercial.
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/anthony- ... 24280.html
What a phony.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Link

Link

Link

Link

Trump and his acolytes continue to promote nonsense...gosh is this the Game of Thrones?

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

At a time when ACA is on the chopping block with Medicare/Medicaid in the future, the GOP in California is stooping to a new low by creating their own ballot box. Just an fyi, all California mail-in ballots are postage free if mailed in the US, however they can be dropped off at official stations. However he California Republican party is creating their own drop boxes.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... uxbndlbing
Lots more people will die of C-19 after November 10th if ACA is eliminated and leaves Americans without insurance for pre-existing conditions.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

shrek2 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:07 pm At a time when ACA is on the chopping block with Medicare/Medicaid in the future, the GOP in California is stooping to a new low by creating their own ballot box. Just an fyi, all California mail-in ballots are postage free if mailed in the US, however they can be dropped off at official stations. However he California Republican party is creating their own drop boxes.
Lots more people will die of C-19 after November 10th if ACA is eliminated and leaves Americans without insurance for pre-existing conditions.
That's interesting since here in la la land aka Oklahoma we have to put postage on our mail-in ballots. BTW, already did my voting via mail-in.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Is Trump even human? He's doubling down...on his lies. He confessed to Woodward that he knew that this pandemic was nasty at the beginning. He's still holding superspreader events and still publicly pronouncing that this pandemic ain't a thing. What a dick.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

wyokie wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:17 pm
shrek2 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:07 pm At a time when ACA is on the chopping block with Medicare/Medicaid in the future, the GOP in California is stooping to a new low by creating their own ballot box. Just an fyi, all California mail-in ballots are postage free if mailed in the US, however they can be dropped off at official stations. However he California Republican party is creating their own drop boxes.
That's interesting since here in la la land aka Oklahoma we have to put postage on our mail-in ballots. BTW, already did my voting via mail-in.
I only know of Ponca City since I flew in by Corporate jet there. I loved the trustworthy people at the markets as I forgot my wallet at my hotel and they said just come back later and pay us tomorrow but I went straight back to the hotel and back to the market to pay them for the groceries I brought home. The only thing that bothered me there was the tornadoes. I know this is a digression but at a time when emotions are running high in this country and some unscrupulous things are being done, there is still integrity and goodness out there.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

shrek2 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:05 am
wyokie wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:17 pm
I only know of Ponca City since I flew in by Corporate jet there. I loved the trustworthy people at the markets as I forgot my wallet at my hotel and they said just come back later and pay us tomorrow but I went straight back to the hotel and back to the market to pay them for the groceries I brought home. The only thing that bothered me there was the tornadoes. I know this is a digression but at a time when emotions are running high in this country and some unscrupulous things are being done, there is still integrity and goodness out there.
Glad you got your wallet back. Be glad you lost in Ponca City. If you lost it in OKC, odds were very VERY good you weren't ever going to see it again. People in smaller cities and towns are more honest. Also be glad you didn't stay here. Politics here makes what you see in D.C. look like a picnic and I'm not even joking.