Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

Post by SundayJam »

shrek2 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:32 am One WH medical official is recommending herd immunity which is exposing the bulk of the population to the coronavirus to build up an immunity.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... bbe4f96f63
Maybe they need to test the theory on the Trump family first and make sure they have hydroxychloroquine available for all the members of the family.
Building herd immunity after the fact seems stupid. Correction: is stupid. At this point, appointing a fish to lead our country would be an improvement.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

shrek2 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:17 pm
My3Cats wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:40 am That We Are the Worst video is pretty . . . pretty creepy. Someone was quite creative in putting that together.

Link
This is the best yet...a masterpiece.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

On Sunday, Twitter removed a post retweeted by Trump that claimed the CDC had "quietly" updated its guidance to indicate only 6% of the country's coronavirus death toll — roughly 9,000 deaths — was actually caused by the virus
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... d=msedgdhp
Jokers wild in the Trump game.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

shrek2 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:29 am
On Sunday, Twitter removed a post retweeted by Trump that claimed the CDC had "quietly" updated its guidance to indicate only 6% of the country's coronavirus death toll — roughly 9,000 deaths — was actually caused by the virus
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... d=msedgdhp
Jokers wild in the Trump game.
I took a break from where I'm at and I just heard this repeated by one of the waitresses I talk to in Reno. She said that people are claiming more Covid-19 viruses because they get $35K per patient.

It reminded me of a joke I heard in Europe where they were both Europeans. I'll just call them Gary and Larry.
Gary: Larry will you take care of my cat this Thursday?
Larry: Sure. Why? Are you going out of town or something?
Gary: I need someone to take care of my cat forever. I heard that all the smart people are going to die on Thursday and only the stupid people will be left. :lol:

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Link

More lies.
There's lots of profanity, if that bothers you.

Link

Just crazy nonsense.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Link

Far left analysis of Trump's newly appointed advisor on the pandemic. It's intelligently presented. If you're a Trump supporter, I'd probably not watch it. If you're sitting on the fence, it's worth a view. It's shocking how badly Trump has messed up our country.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

SundayJam wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:52 pm

Link

Far left analysis of Trump's newly appointed advisor on the pandemic. It's intelligently presented. If you're a Trump supporter, I'd probably not watch it. If you're sitting on the fence, it's worth a view. It's shocking how badly Trump has messed up our country.
Why do you call it a "far left?" Far left usually refers to violence to advocate change. This is a critical scathing view of Scott Atlas and the Trump administration.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

shrek2 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:20 am
SundayJam wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:52 pm

Link

Why do you call it a "far left?" Far left usually refers to violence to advocate change. This is a critical scathing view of Scott Atlas and the Trump administration.
I don''t even consider violence advocates on either side of the political divide. They are both just plain crazy. Qanon, for instance, is not a far right group. They're just crazy. By far left, I mean those who don't even consider the sentiments of the conservatives. They're fully progressive.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Link

Okay...this made me laugh. Trump supporters should not venture into the valley of Comedy Central.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Guys...we've had less than 100 deaths here due to the corona virus. I have personally witnessed the inundation of Chinese tourists here trying to escape the pandemic. I'd seen them on buses, in the mall, at super-malls, and at my own condominium gym. We closed down early here. I couldn't go to the gym for months. I couldn't go to a restaurant or to a bar for many months. Things re-opened here slowly...and we now have no concern at all. Yet, we still wear masks. Please, do not ignore science.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Another GOP Governor Kristi Noem of South Dakota dismisses the fact that the Sturgis rally which had 460K visitors caused a quarter of a million infections.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/so ... d=msedgdhp
I wonder what game the Republicans are playing. I guess, for me, it has been amusing news with a Iowa woman who got too close to the bison.
https://www.diyphotography.net/bison-1- ... or-photos/
:lol:

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Trump apparently downplayed the corona virus for political gain and ignorance.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=msedgntp
Trump explains why he downplayed the coronavirus.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=msedgntp
He was a cheerleader but he'd look prettier in a skirt and pompoms. :D

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Link

Link

Trump was recorded on February 7 in an interview with Bob Woodward saying that the corona virus was 5 times more deadly than the flu and airborne. 2 weeks later, he holds packed rallies with maskless supporters declaring that the pandemic was a Democratic hoax.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Hawaii voted 70% democratic in 2016. I realize that I'm not gonna make much difference in persuading anyone. I'm just expressing outrage! If you listen the Woodward tapes, you'll hear the commander in chief coldly disregarding America, while trying to persuade Americans that the whole pandemic is a Democratic hoax. In the meantime, he's been flying Air-force-one to host his rallies in total disregard of social distancing. How can Republicans not reply to this egregious offense to their party's mission? Is the current Republican party just a bunch of nonsense? Has it become a false narrative to pacify the uneducated working class? Trump is a do-nothing, fake news, wasteful...homicidal...dick. How can anyone supporting Trump think otherwise?

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Sad thing is that Trump's supporters are hard core disbelievers of anything resembling science and scientific approaches. They are bible-thumping, rifle-toting, maskless, non-socially distancing zombies, many of whom are military veterans, active duty military, or military families. Another sad thing is that Trump is a draft-dodging Cadet Bone Spurs who disrespects veterans, former POWs, and the war dead. And is a non-church-going, non-religious Sunday golfer.

Go figure. Zombies ate their brains, and thus they became zombies themselves.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.