Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

Post by shrek2 »

SundayJam wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:29 pm
SundayJam wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:14 am

Link

The lies continue...who put this idiot in charge of the pandemic response? Oh, yeah...Trump.
He says they have more than 100 thousand ventilators stock-piled. It's a little late, no?
There has been soooo much content to refute this nonsense since this was posted, but I can't help but point out that this VERY response by Pence is Trump's position. This is the Trump response to the pandemic: appoint idiots to handle national problems.
The interview is like an SNL skit. It would be funny had it not been real. Every question is answered with something about Joe Biden. I thought Mike Pence was harmless but the guy is ignorant. At least Maryann Trump Barry brings all back to reality and tells it like it is. Her brother has no principles and is a liar.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

So Trump is pushing plasma treatment like he knows what he's talking about.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 425171001/
Just trying to make sure the Republicans have something to cheer about. I hate it when the president has less of an education than I do. Now, the doctors are questioning his recommendation.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/doct ... 09333.html
I have a feeling that Trump will announce a vaccine that will work in October. Good luck to those that believe him.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Link
Uhmm....what is this?!!! This is a distraction from mishandling a pandemic.
Trump showed up to an outing with the kids in a business suit?!! Congratulations!
How about killing the most Americans in recent history because of your neglect?

Link

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I really dislike the way Trump's message is serving to confuse the ignorant public. One business owner in my area is quoted today saying the following:
“I’m extremely opposed of it, especially the way they’re doing it where they’re going against (President) Trump,” Daniel said of the citation and face covering requirement. “Trump says it’s OK and it’s not mandatory.”
So many ignorant people following Trump and not following what should be done with airborne diseases. Business owners... Whew. More division of America.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Another coronavirus case has been reported, almost three weeks after the man arrived in Thailand from India.
A statement issued by the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration on Thursday said the new patient was a 35-year-old Indian man who arrived in Thailand on Aug 8.

A test last Friday, 14 days after he was first quarantined at a state facility, was found to be positive.
There was no explanation of the extra week.

The new case brought the total number detected in Thailand to 3,404.
Most have already recovered. The death toll has remained at 58 since June 2.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... -infection

When communication is clear...and everyone does their part...there are no worries. This politicization of the masks is just plain stupid. Trump is as dumb as a rock, and everyone who believes him is naive. Who would've thought that naivete could kill on such a large scale? It's like that Hale Bopp cult multiplied by millions with hundreds of thousands succumbing to the poison. Now, we have the remaining cult members continuing in their belief while poisoning the rest of us. Well, not me.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

SundayJam wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:52 am

Link
He's not funny, he's coming off too cynical. Yeah, everybody is frustrated by what's going on in this country for one reason or another. He sounds like just another whiner.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

shrek2 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:32 am

Link
He's not funny, he's coming off too cynical. Yeah, everybody is frustrated by what's going on in this country for one reason or another. He sounds like just another whiner.
IMO, I think ALL of us have gotten way too cynical....and frustrated...like there's no light at the end of the tunnel....yet.

Only way to combat this....have good friends, a good beer, and a damned good sense of humor. Otherwise, you'll go Looney tunes crazy.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

wyokie wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:46 pm
shrek2 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:32 am

Link
IMO, I think ALL of us have gotten way too cynical....and frustrated...like there's no light at the end of the tunnel....yet.

Only way to combat this....have good friends, a good beer, and a damned good sense of humor. Otherwise, you'll go Looney tunes crazy.
Yeah...well...how can one be anything but cynical about Trump or the RNC?!!!!! Colbert's not whining, he's calling a spade...a spade. Stephen Colbert is not funny? Maybe the situation is not funny. You've got a country spinning out of control, and Trump is trying to say it's not his fault.

The only way to combat this is to wear a fricken mask.
The government on Friday reported six new cases of corona-virus disease, three Thais and three foreigners, all in quarantine.

All six cases were asymptomatic.

Global Covid-19 cases went up by 282,436 over the previous 24 hours to 24.62 million. The worldwide death toll rose by 6,057 to 835,627. The United States had the most cases at 6.05 million, up by 46,286, and the most deaths at 184,796, up by 1,143.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... al-tourist

Stephen Colbert: Stop whining about the president changing the CDC guidelines on testing. If they ain't got no symptoms...don't test 'em.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

shrek2 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:48 pm So Trump is pushing plasma treatment like he knows what he's talking about.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 425171001/
Just trying to make sure the Republicans have something to cheer about. I hate it when the president has less of an education than I do. Now, the doctors are questioning his recommendation.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/doct ... 09333.html
I have a feeling that Trump will announce a vaccine that will work in October. Good luck to those that believe him.
So... plasma on Covid does not work huh? What a surprise. That's okay RNC is over.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/emily ... d=msedgntp

Link

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

The only thing worse than Trump are subhumans who worship him, attack anybody who’s got the audacity to criticize him, and think they are better and smarter than all non-Trump supporters. Those subhumans deserve to be bullied, harassed, and ostracized for their opinions.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

It's all about smoke and mirrors regarding Trump. They fooled a bunch of people into appearing in the RNC video.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... uxbndlbing
I think that Trump is the worst president in my lifetime but, I don't think I would go so far as doing anything or saying anything degrading about his supporters. As Mary Trump says, he's the most dangerous in the world and his sister Maryanne says he lies and lacks principle but if people have not recognized this by now, they deserve him for another 4 years. I know that my friends in Europe think he's an idiot and a joke. Another 4 more years of long hot summers if he gets in.

Sing it again.

Link

And again.

Link

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Link
Best quote: "180,000 people have died from the pandemic, because of his incompetence and this malignant narcissism." That is just horrible. How can this be?!!!

Over here, in my new country of residence, we regrettably have had 58 deaths, in TOTAL, due to the pandemic.

This is rush-hour here on August 20. We haven't had any locally transmitted cases of covid for many months now. WAKE UP America. Wear a fricken mask!
Please do not listen to, or follow the example of, your president or vice president. Wear a mask.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

That We Are the Worst video is pretty . . . pretty creepy. Someone was quite creative in putting that together.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

One WH medical official is recommending herd immunity which is exposing the bulk of the population to the coronavirus to build up an immunity.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... bbe4f96f63
Maybe they need to test the theory on the Trump family first and make sure they have hydroxychloroquine available for all the members of the family.