Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

Post by SundayJam »

I shall not post anything here until the administration signs off on it. I strongly believe that our condition has been worsened, and will continue to be worsened, by global politics and science deniers. Please await approval from the admin's before posting for or against. Please keep discussion civil.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

Post by shrek2 »

During the Republican primary in 2016, two Republicans at a fitness center I went to said they wish they had a better candidate than trailer trash. Unfortunately, this is what the country has sunken down to. A divided country that finds all kinds of reasons to be divided. Yesterday, I was listening to Trump's press conference on the coronavirus and what clouds the issue so much is that he is trying to take victory laps for the good things that he is doing while saying things that are negative about individuals because the Democrats wont cooperate. He says he calls it the China virus because the Chinese said the US Military planted the virus. How childish can you get? One month ago it was nothing to worry about, yesterday its a big concern. There is no planning behind this madness. It does not make the American public feel secure. In my opinion, there should have been travel restrictions to Europe as opposed to a travel ban. Hence we have more of a market meltdown than we should have.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

SundayJam wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:06 am I shall not post anything here until the administration signs off on it. I strongly believe that our condition has been worsened, and will continue to be worsened, by global politics and science deniers. Please await approval from the admin's before posting for or against. Please keep discussion civil.
Thanks for starting a new thread instead of putting the political stuff with informational things. This thread should not be an issue as long as, as you say, everyone is civil and we don't descend into name calling (of other forum members) which is against forum rules.
ImageImage

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

So you post a bunch of bullsheet as to why you are right. Then I post a bunch of bullsheet why I am right.

Nobody wins these discussions. This is internet at its worst. No one cares.

Irse

Post by Irse »

UnBiasFan wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:21 am So you post a bunch of bullsheet as to why you are right. Then I post a bunch of bullsheet why I am right.

Nobody wins these discussions. This is internet at its worst. No one cares.
You don't have to enter a discussion if you don't want to. Sometimes a topic is just to vent.
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I know that internally within the Trump household, there has been a fight for approval between Trump Jr and Ivanka but now Jared Kushner is causing confusing on what his role is the coronavirus fight. Control the kids Mr. President and help us have a united front against this pandemic and economic crisis.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=primentp

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Here a few of the issues I have regarding the current administration's handling of our current crisis:

1. Denying the country was in peril at the outset. Scientific experts immediately suggested stronger measures be brought into play at the onset. Instead, the propaganda machine went so far as to suggest the whole thing was just a hoax created by the Democratic party to ruin Trump's re-election campaign. It was even Trump's intent to not properly treat cruise ship passengers as it would increase the count of victims in America. Heck, he continued to deny it being a pandemic until the whole country of Italy was shut down.

2. Trump's elimination of a CDC task force and subsequent substitution of Pence to head the WH task force. Bush handled the SARS issue and Obama handled the Ebola issue with a strong CDC. Mike Pence knows nothing about communicable diseases.

3. Miscommunication of US policy regarding the pandemic. He incorrectly announced that all travel from Europe would cease and all trade as well. Guess what? both were incorrect and cost Americans and our trade partners dearly. Trump is first and foremost the commander in chief. The commander in chief should speak correctly. If anything, that is his only job. Everybody else does the actual work of governance.

Then, there was China's creation and fostering of the whole debacle which continues to reap ill effects. The doctor who first reported the likelihood of a SARS-like outbreak at his Wuhan hospital was silenced by the Chinese government and then succumbed to the virus at the age of 34. By ignoring the early warning signs, the Chinese government created a pandemic.

Again, had Trump taken the time to study the mistakes made by the Chinese government, he would have taken the matter more seriously and put a stop to it. Instead, he chose to follow their example: ignore it, down-play it, and hope it goes away. In fact, at his rally he said, "By April, it will miraculously go away."

Finally, there are the actions of us all. If you haven't heard Lewis Black, he addresses audience rants and adds his insight. Much of the commentary about the pandemic rings true. He does swear a lot so if this bothers you, don't watch. The rants about Toilet Paper and youth disinterest are quite good. Relevant commentary begins at the 5 minute mark.

Link

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Sort of annoying to listen to Trump on trying to throw that hail Mary pass in his attempt to make a grand stand play.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=primentp
When the people who are trying to improve the situation are his enemies so he will not listen since he's like a little kid and unless its his idea.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/pelosi-calls ... 39561.html
Where did this idea about giving $1000 to the American public come from? Why not speed unemployment benefits, loans to restaurants and travel business. Thank you Andrew Yang. Idea misused. However in this case I don't know if proper discretion will be used.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Yet another indiscretion by lawmakers in Washington amid the coronavirus where they sold their stock before the market crash.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=primedhp
And they knew about it in January after a briefing.
Is this why the economy is tanking and the virus has gone out of control?

Irse

Post by Irse »

Tax day moved to July 15
ImageImage

Irse

Post by Irse »

shrek2 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:34 am Yet another indiscretion by lawmakers in Washington amid the coronavirus where they sold their stock before the market crash.
And they knew about it in January after a briefing.
Is this why the economy is tanking and the virus has gone out of control?
If those lawmakers had advanced info, they should be put in jail for insider trading.
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Who ever said keep the public informed? Clearly the outbreak and deaths in Washington State would have to be blamed on those in Congress and the White House who had informed knowledge of the pandemic.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/u-s-i ... d=primentp
It's almost as bad as still claiming that Pearl Harbor was a sneak attack except the Advertiser and the Hilo press said the Japanese were expected to attack.
https://enjoyingthejourney.blogspot.com ... anese.html

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

We need to call it the US disease not the Chinese disease like some irresponsible leader is calling it.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/so ... d=primentp
Rich people from Mexico got the disease from going to Vail, Colorado. Own up and fix the problem.