Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

Post by UnBiasFan »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:32 pm Trump is still saying we are "rounding the corner" on the pandemic even as the nation has the highest number of Covid cases. I wonder what kinds of people actually believe this idiot and are drinking the Koolaid?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=msedgntp
Mr. Trump was combative and testy during his interview with the “60 Minutes” correspondent Lesley Stahl, insisting, as he has done repeatedly in recent days despite surging coronavirus cases, that the country was “rounding the corner” on the pandemic.

“We’ve done a very, very good job,” he said at one point, falsely arguing that the increase in cases was because “we’re doing so much testing.”
I think you all are too caught up in establishing fakeness. You keep thinking if we can show others just how fake he is, we can replace him. The problem with this theory is that many Trump supporters know he is a pile of doo doo. They put up with the doo doo because he is throwing doo doo at the other guys who are full of doo doo too, but their doo doo involves issues that the Trump supporters disagree with. The election is going to be a close call. Could go either way. But it doesn’t turn on whether more people become enlightened on who Trump really is. More people get it than you think.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Link

You couldn't be more wrong about Trump and his supporters. Trump is a bonafide loser (at business and women) who has unabashedly utilized Russian propaganda in an attempt to pay off his soon to be delinquent loans. His supporters simply believe any unsubstantiated crap that sounds good to them. The Republican party is completely, morally bankrupt. It's time to end this side-show.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

UnBiasFan wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:22 pm
shrek2 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:32 pm Trump is still saying we are "rounding the corner" on the pandemic even as the nation has the highest number of Covid cases. I wonder what kinds of people actually believe this idiot and are drinking the Koolaid?
Mr. Trump was combative and testy during his interview with the “60 Minutes” correspondent Lesley Stahl, insisting, as he has done repeatedly in recent days despite surging coronavirus cases, that the country was “rounding the corner” on the pandemic.

“We’ve done a very, very good job,” he said at one point, falsely arguing that the increase in cases was because “we’re doing so much testing.”
I think you all are too caught up in establishing fakeness. You keep thinking if we can show others just how fake he is, we can replace him. The problem with this theory is that many Trump supporters know he is a pile of doo doo. They put up with the doo doo because he is throwing doo doo at the other guys who are full of doo doo too, but their doo doo involves issues that the Trump supporters disagree with. The election is going to be a close call. Could go either way. But it doesn’t turn on whether more people become enlightened on who Trump really is. More people get it than you think.
I don't think a lot of people know who Trump really is. I had this lady waitress tell me that only 6% of coronavirus deaths were actually caused by the virus. I had to tell her that the CDC said it wasn't so in a non-threatening way (so not to start an argument). There are so many QAnon believers like the one in the rally tape above that believe that JFK Jr is still alive and on stage with Trump. A lot of people believe in the propaganda that's being spread. Like when Trump says that the Bidens got millions of dollars from the Russians and Chinese. His base believe him like they did with Jim Jones and maybe more recently Keith Raniere. He's kind of a cult leader.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

As Trump believes that we are rounding the corner, Utah is rationing ICU due to rising coronavirus cases.
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/5 ... rge-in-the
Hospitals in Utah could soon be forced to begin prioritizing younger COVID-19 patients over older ones in some cases amid a surging rate of hospitalizations from the virus in the state, according to a plan presented to Utah's governor on Thursday.
I guess people should not retire in Utah.

El Paso County in Texas declares curfew due to rising coronavirus cases and lack of ICU space.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/el-pa ... uxbndlbing
El Paso County in Texas enacted a curfew Sunday as a surge in Covid-19 cases left hospitals and ICUs in the area at full capacity and forced officials to seek additional morgue space.
Seeking additional morgue space?

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

We have nothing to worry about. The White House has ended the Covid-19 pandemic.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/white ... d=msedgntp
Even Ivanka Trump weighs in on praising the state of success.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/white-ho ... 9e1892a9b3
Among other White House officials, Tuesday’s release includes a quote from Ivanka Trump, the president’s daughter and adviser who has zero training or background as a scientific expert.

“Over the past four years, President Trump’s policies and investments in science and technology ensure America stands ready to solve today’s most pressing challenges and that our workforce is prepared for tomorrow’s innovations,” Ivanka Trump said. “For years to come, these achievements will guarantee the United States remains the world’s leader in research, discovery and the advancement of industries that will shape our future.”

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Trump just really upsets me. He makes outrageous lies that the uneducated take as gospel.
The truth is that Biden will take taxes back to 39% top tax bracket to where it was three years ago from 36% to what it is today. Meanwhile, one person dies every 107 seconds from Covid as we "round the corner."
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/there ... d=msedgntp

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Okay...I've watched multiple vids of Trump and Kushner dismissing 'the doctors' of the pandemic in order to help their re-election campaign. I've also seen many vids of Trump's insiders professing their discord. I've been tempted to post vids of Trump harkening back to the days when women didn't work. Trump clearly did not want this presidency. He wanted to break the establishment that denied a silver-spoon-fed, draft-dodging idiot a job other as a than reality tv show host. The Republican party embraced this idiot...in-spite of their so-called-morals.

Trump, and the Republican party, have ignored this pandemic to further their nonsense. To heck with them. I live in a country that has eradicated this virus. Only 59 people have died here. We are densely populated and a major hub to the Americas, Asia, and Europe. The failure of the Trump administration is shocking looking at it from the outside. I weep for my homeland.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

SundayJam wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:03 am Trump, and the Republican party, have ignored this pandemic to further their nonsense. To heck with them. I live in a country that has eradicated this virus. Only 59 people have died here. We are densely populated and a major hub to the Americas, Asia, and Europe. The failure of the Trump administration is shocking looking at it from the outside. I weep for my homeland.
59 is less than the 77 died in Wyoming on Monday this week when 9 people died that day mostly in a remote nursing care facility. Oh wait, Wyoming has a population of half a million and Thailand has a population of 69M. So, why is Canada doing so much better than the US? Because the conservatives believe in wearing the mask, etc.
https://www.businessinsider.com/canada- ... rus-2020-5
So, how did the US become the joke of the world in handling the pandemic? Rhetorical but alas some people just don't get it.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Link
This is the current state of the Republican party. Sadly, it has been my experience interacting with them over my long lifetime, so this is nothing new.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Another medical journal requests change of leadership. Mike Pence has not attended a pandemic meeting in a month.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/topstoc ... d=msedgdhp
I would bet that Trump wants to take the US down with him.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

A true sign of a charismatic leader leading the wrong way. When followers will willingly die for them.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

The Trump family specifically Donald and Ivanka stand sooo much to lose in this election basically jail time for income tax fraud. This charisma comes from telling people the lies they want to believe. Unfortunately it will be a take down of a lot of people one way or the other because of the coronavirus. ACA will become vulnerable and I've seen so many new health insurance companies pop up as a result of no ACA and because they are probably sprouting up as a result of the defeat of ACA which means that the vaccine will be an expense some people will be able to deal with others not.
Last edited by shrek2 on Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

I think ACA and pro-choice are admirable rights that do not concern me personally. What bothers me most about this circus is the introduction of fascism by the Republican party and Trump. This whole disregard of science, law, and decency has got me riled up. The Republicans want to suppress the vote. This is a nation governed at the request of the people. Trump and the Republican party: stand down, and do not stand ready.