Coronavirus

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: Coronavirus

Post by shrek2 »

My3Cats wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:30 pm Thanks for the very informative video shrek. Made for the layman in easy to understand terms.
I like Dr. Vuong's colorful analogy about my pimp holding my head in the toilet and why did I get my pimp angry at me in the first place. In the end he uses colorful word like freaking, etc to emphasize the fact that we need to get serious.

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

ImageImageImageImage

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Hawaii public schools to remain closed until we go 4 weeks without a new coronavirus case. I guess the kids won't be going back to school this school year.

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020/04/ ... -19-cases/
ImageImage

Irse

Post by Irse »

Only 7 new cases with no new hospitalizations. Hope we can keep getting better.
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I would say we need to have a little bit of human kindness during this time period and help those people that are high risk in walkers or older and close by to do their shopping and errands if they need it. The other day I saw the police in front of a market and found out today that it was a lady caught shop lifting. It probably wont hurt to give a couple of dollars to people where it seems apparent that people wouldn't be in the situation had it not been for the shutdown. Stay safe.

Irse

Post by Irse »

Now there will be a no driving from 11pm to 5 am Fri through sunday except for work or picking up medications. Not quite sure how that will stop the spread of the virus.
ImageImage

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Irse wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:42 pm Now there will be a no driving from 11pm to 5 am Fri through sunday except for work or picking up medications. Not quite sure how that will stop the spread of the virus.
We have a 9pm to 4am curfew every day over here since last week. It's meant to stop illicit partying. Your weekend curfews make a lot more sense.

Irse

Post by Irse »

SundayJam wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:52 pm
Irse wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:42 pm Now there will be a no driving from 11pm to 5 am Fri through sunday except for work or picking up medications. Not quite sure how that will stop the spread of the virus.
We have a 9pm to 4am curfew every day over here since last week. It's meant to stop illicit partying. Your weekend curfews make a lot more sense.
Wondering how much partying been going on late at night. Seems like te younger people are not taking this as serious so it may be beneficial.
ImageImage

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Controls are taken more seriously here. We took a trip to the countryside last month to check on a renovation project. Two country doctors paid a visit to our house uninvited and recorded every detail about us and our contacts. From last week, anyone returning from another country must quarantine at a government controlled hotel for 14 days. The country is only allowing one flight a day for those stranded abroad. There were 42 sick returning from Indo and 3 sick returning from Japan recently. Today, the number of newly diagnosed sick is 50.

Oh, and they've just banned all sale of alcohol for the next 10 days.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Irse wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:17 pm
Wondering how much partying been going on late at night. Seems like te younger people are not taking this as serious so it may be beneficial.
Have they closed all these adult entertainment bars in Honolulu? Seems like that would be the most logical thing to do.

Irse

Post by Irse »

shrek2 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:30 am
Irse wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:17 pm

Have they closed all these adult entertainment bars in Honolulu? Seems like that would be the most logical thing to do.
I think all bars are closed. Those should be the first ones to close.
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

This is an interesting development which is the development of testing for antibodies for Covid-19. This is a big breakthrough since if there is a test, one can assume that they need to figure out how to develop the antibodies (maybe with dormant coronavirus cells) and someone may be develop an immunity if they have the antibodies.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-co ... spartandhp