Coronavirus

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Kailuaboy »

DOH Launches New, Dedicated COVID-19 Website Today

Today, the Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) unveiled a new website for the public to access the latest information on COVID-19 in Hawai‘i. The State of Hawai‘i has mobilized an inter-agency collaborative effort to keep the community safe and healthy. The website, hawaiicovid19.com will go live at 3pm. The website provides timely information and resources on the coronavirus, including guidance on how to prevent and mitigate community spread, common symptoms of COVID-19, and frequently asked questions. Please read and share the information.

By providing our family and friends, our neighbors and our visitors with accurate information, we keep our community healthy and we keep Hawaiʻi a welcoming place to live and visit. Don’t spread the virus. Don’t spread misinformation. And let’s prepare together. Always share aloha.

Sign up to receive updates at [health.hawaii.gov/updates]health.hawaii.gov/updates.
ImageImageImageImage

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Irse wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:50 pm
uhwarriors wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:23 pm USA just blew by S. Korea in numbers of cases. Expect thousands more as testing ramps up.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
I would expect a lot more coming up.
Yep. USA just passed France in total cases. I think we'll be only behind China and Italy in a week or less.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Link
A good history of the pandemic to date.

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Simon Pegg and Nick Frost Recreate ‘Shaun of the Dead’ for a Coronavirus PSA (Video)

Link
ubercow edit: replaced embedded vid with the better quality subtitled one that pegg/frost released today. also here's a link to their original vid ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO6FW1aJkTw )
ImageImageImageImage

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

saw it on reddit yesterday. quality stuff \:D/

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/bang ... m-tomorrow
It’s the lockdown you have when you haven’t really declared a full lockdown. Today’s announcement from the Bangkok government is a step close to a virtual close-down of most Bangkok retail. Today’s order closes all department stores and markets in the capital for three weeks. The measures are the latest attempts to stem the rise in cases of Covid-19 around Thailand’s capital.

The new measures start from tomorrow. All Bangkok residents are still able to travel freely around the city.

“All food stores and restaurants will be allowed to serve only take-home orders while hotel restaurants can serve only hotel guests. The measure will take effect between March 22 – April 12.”

The measures were adopted by the committee dealing with the Covid-19 for Bangkok as Thailand reported its largest daily increase in corona virus infections today, with 89 new cases taking the national tally to 411.
I've been at home since Saturday. This additional two week extension will be dealt with. Tomorrow, I'm heading out to the countryside. I'll read books and play with my dog. Stay safe everyone and make the best of it. Aloha for a while.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

UnBiasFan wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:47 am
SundayJam wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:38 pm
UnBiasFan wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:40 pm

I don’t think the temperature testing is very effective. I think there could be days in the life of this virus where no abnormal temperature is exhibited

The widespread mask use helps because it means some carriers are containing their virus
Yes, but the ritual temperature test is an awareness measure. I am made aware of my own body on a daily basis and that I should be careful about the things I come into contact with. I live in an Asian hub that has regular contact with Hong Kong, Singapore, and China. A sure sign of a Chinese tourist is Thai elephant pants. During the outbreak, I couldn't tell you how many times I saw Chinese tourists in 'elephant pants' : at the mall, at my home gym, and even on the bus! I do not have any symptoms and am grateful.
I think the virus went from Asia to Europe to mainland USA to Hawaii ...
That really helped us since our leaders seem clueless. It would be more devastating if it was the other way around.
ImageImage

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

USA passed Germany, Spain and Iran in comfirmed cases in the last two days. With 27,000 cases, now only behind China (81,000) and Italy (54,000). Even with the big step up in testing, it may take a long time to catch up to Italy. Italy is a in world of hurt with 6,000 new cases a day. It already has 1,600 more deaths than China.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

uhwarriors wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:40 pm USA passed Germany, Spain and Iran in comfirmed cases in the last two days. With 27,000 cases, now only behind China (81,000) and Italy (54,000). Even with the big step up in testing, it may take a long time to catch up to Italy. Italy is a in world of hurt with 6,000 new cases a day. It already has 1,600 more deaths than China.

I think Hawaii will have a big increase with the additional testing. Thankfully there has been no deaths. Hope we can start treating the bad cases earlier and have better chance of recovery for all.
ImageImage

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Hawaii now has 56 confirmed cases as of noon today. The 14 day quarantine will effectively stop tourist from coming in, but residents will continue to return. Since most of the cases are related to residents returning, the numbers will continue to climb. When college students start returning from mainland and international schools, the numbers will increase. This is my graph of cases.