Haiku stairs

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Haiku stairs

Post by Irse »

They should dismantle it already
The EIS states that the board’s primary objective is to rid its rate payers of the liability and ongoing security costs tied to retaining the asset, which has been officially closed to the public for decades but is still visited daily by throngs of hiking enthusiasts who ignore both security guards and trespassing signs.
So according to the newspaper, our water bill has been paying for the liability on the stairs. What a waste of money.
ImageImage

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Haiku stairs

Post by My3Cats »

Tear da buggah down alreadys.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

The disruption to the neighborhood near the access point is intolerable. Liability, security and maintenance costs added to the BWS rate base raises the cost of water service to all. Then add in the costs and risks of emergency services to rescue hikers.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Been on it once. It was a tough hike for me/us, but we made it. I do recall it being "unsafe" even back in the old days. I would not recommend it. It's like one of those old Hawaii things, let it go. Let it be part of history. Like I would never want to see car traffic on Fort Street again.

My friends feel otherwise. The same guy that was with us. I understand his feelings, about how wonderful that was.

But no way, at this age, he should go back to hike that. We are not in our early 20s anymore.