Uses for that 10 cent package of Ramen

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Uses for that 10 cent package of Ramen

Post by shrek2 »

Did you ever wonder what to do with that ramen that costs so little?
Ever try making chicken soup with carrots, celery and onions then breaking up the ramen and adding as the last thing?
Ever try adding won bok or napa suey cabbage along with some pieces of meat to make the ramen better and healthier?
Ever try breaking up the noodles and placing it over your Chinese Chicken salad or any salad to add crunch?
Got any other ideas on how to use the ramen?
Last edited by shrek2 on Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: Uses for that 10 cent package of Ramen

Post by dakineguy »

I eat Ramen weekly and have come to add all kind of things to it variations include won bok, bok choy, pak choy, head cabbage, collards spinach, cauliflower, carrots, bulb onions, green onions,an egg sometime hard boiled but usually just put into the hot soup as a flavoring, a variety of meats basically whatever I have, chicken, beef, turkey, pork, fish, shrimp, spam and seasonings I add kim chee sometimes for seasoning, shoyu, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, sesame oil, ground ginger or ground tumeric (I make the ginger and tumeric myself) also a hot sauce that I make from Hawaiian chilli peppers that I grow. For a while I was finding some of the soup base packets were wet because of apparent holes in the foil so I bought soup base and added that. I sometimes add the noodles to any other soup. As a snack I will just boil the noodles in the soup base then drain off all the liquid and just eat the noodles. Oh yeah I almost always add tofu cut into small cubes. From my garden sometimes parsley, chives, cilantro, tomatoes, beets, carrots, green onions, kohlrabi, collards broccoli including the leaves, green beans, peas, lima beans, basically whatever else i grow other than lettuce . When I was student in college ramen was a staple even more than now. It was my main meal every day. When I was at UH it was 2 packs of noodles with 2 hot dogs cut up and some bean sprouts or water cress. When I went to CSU it was one of the local foods I could find in the regular supermarket and there was store, King Supers that had generic ramen for 4 cents each regular price and the soup bases were excellent. I would just eat them with little else added due to time and financial constraints. I sometimes ate them like french toast, boiled and drained them mixed with beaten eggs and fried. That about all I have to say about ramen
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: Uses for that 10 cent package of Ramen

Post by shrek2 »

You're a gourmet. Sounds like you like fresh things in your 10 cent package of ramen. One thing if you end up tossing a lot of left over veggies at the end of the week because they get brown, use frozen veggies like frozen broccoli or frozen carrots and cauliflower. Frozen, they say, is suppose to be as healthy as fresh. If you use scallions too, you know that you can cut it up and freeze da bagga so you got scallions any time you want it. Bok choi or won bok, you kinda gotta use it by the end of the week. Now they coming out with the spicy version of the 10 cent ramen where it's slightly spicier but not as hot as the Hawaiian red chili peppers. I think the 10 cents goes a long way in terms of making a healthy meal.