What happened to all of our bufos?

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

What happened to all of our bufos?

Post by My3Cats »

Used to have plenty bufos all over, smashed on the roads and all. Where I grew up in Kailua had 'em all over the yard, and we didn't live anywhere near the marsh or other waterways. One year they disappeared and we don't see them at my parent's house any more. Since living in Mililani I only saw one in my yard many years ago. I thought it was a rock because it was nighttime and he was sitting on one of my walkways. I was going to kick it into the yard when it jumped . . . and I jumped too. Wife and I thought that it was a sign of good luck but I never saw him again. Florida took them all or what?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/toxic- ... li=BBnbfcL
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: What happened to all of our bufos?

Post by shrek2 »

I was told in my hanabata days to stay away from the toads because they gave you warts. Used to catch some nice frogs for eating though on Nuuanu/Pali stream at night in my teens.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

My small kid time, I seem them in Makiki and Manoa area. We used to go the storm drain area to play, and catch tadpoles. Don't know if it was different kind frog or not.

There would be old man telling us to get out and don't play there. We never listen. Now that I'm old, that was really not a safe place for kids to play.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

cabanalane wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:15 am My small kid time, I seem them in Makiki and Manoa area. We used to go the storm drain area to play, and catch tadpoles. Don't know if it was different kind frog or not.

There would be old man telling us to get out and don't play there. We never listen. Now that I'm old, that was really not a safe place for kids to play.
Funny how we change when we get old. Now you would be that old man telling the kids to get out and don't play there!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Yup.

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

I think they get runned over by cars so more cars equals less toads. Also perhaps the cattle egrets are eating them. When I was a kid there would be thousands of them under the street lights when termites were swarming and of course hundreds would get run over by cars trying to pass by
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

Those nasty buggas play dead too. I shoot 'um with my bb gun, they turn over like they dead and don't move for awhile. I go back to pick up the toad to toss it and I see the bugga hopping away. Mutha F***! lol

Note: no call PETA on me. Please.
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.