Atomic Bombing of Hiroshima & Nagasaki

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Atomic Bombing of Hiroshima & Nagasaki

Post by Kailuaboy »

I'm a little late in posting this but earlier this year (late March) the Smithsonian Channel started airing a new series called "America's Hidden Stories". One episode was particularly interesting. Here's the episode synopsis:

"Pearl Harbor Spies" - Newly declassified intelligence documents paint a new picture of the attack on Pearl Harbor, including information regarding a spy ring that funneled American intelligence and stolen technology to the Japanese Navy, making the attack possible.

That program showed that Japanese intelligence gathering on the U.S. Navy and Pearl Harbor went back a lot earlier than was previously known. The Smithsonian Channel regularly airs their older programs so it should be shown again at some point.
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Regardless on how you feel about the decision to drop Atomic bombs on Japan during World War II, there would have been much, much more casualties on both sides if the invasion of the Japanese home islands had actually taken place. On the Military History Channel is a two-hour program titled "X Day: The Invasion of Japan". (it's actually being shown as I compose this message)

I highly recommend watching this program to get a better understanding on the decisions that led to ultimately dropping the Atomic bombs on Japan.
ImageImageImageImage

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Thanks Kailuaboy. I've viewed the X-Day episode numerous times but have not yet seen that America's Hidden Stories series. Also did not know about the one about America's aircraft carriers and their locations prior to, and during the Pearl Harbor attack.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

My3Cats wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:04 am Truman made the right call. No doubt that Japan's leaders were willing to sacrifice their entire population rather than to surrender. As a little girl, my mother was training to fight with a naginata. I probably wouldn't be here today if the two A-bombs weren't dropped.
Wow, all this time I thought I was talking football to a dude. lol
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

stranger808 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:07 pm
My3Cats wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:04 am Truman made the right call. No doubt that Japan's leaders were willing to sacrifice their entire population rather than to surrender. As a little girl, my mother was training to fight with a naginata. I probably wouldn't be here today if the two A-bombs weren't dropped.
Wow, all this time I thought I was talking football to a dude. lol
You misread the sentence friend. The "little girl" is a reference to "my mother". If was me, I would have trained with a katana and wakizashi. Of course it was me, I'd be almost 90 years old now, and would be unable to lift even the wakizashi. Maybe run the enemy over with a wheel of my wheelchair. :lol:
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.