Chick-fil-A coming to Oahu

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Chick-fil-A coming to Oahu

Post by ubercow »

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Chick-fil-A coming to Oahu

Post by My3Cats »

I read that they use peanut oil for their fries. Folks with nut allergies beware. I haven't even tried 5 Guys because they use peanut oil.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

Is Chick-fil-a any good? There's two locations here in OKC.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

wyokie wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:42 am Is Chick-fil-a any good? There's two locations here in OKC.
Why don't you go and find out and let us know. We don't have one here so most of us have no idea of how good it is.
ImageImage

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

Irse wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:12 pm
wyokie wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:42 am Is Chick-fil-a any good? There's two locations here in OKC.
Why don't you go and find out and let us know. We don't have one here so most of us have no idea of how good it is.
Not until you guys try it.

Maybe we should get Mikey to try it.

If you get the '80s reference, Congrats!!!!!! :hello1:

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

wyokie wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:42 amIs Chick-fil-a any good? There's two locations here in OKC.
they make good chicken sandwiches, at least compared to other fast food places. also don't go on a sunday, they're not open.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

On the mainland, you get a lot of things Hawaii don't get (still). But I would trade all of that for Zippys.

Chick-fil-A is on par with KFC, but with less grease. KFC is the closest in terms of taste.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Zippys has been steadily going down hill over the years. Costs keep going up, portions and taste keep going down. I only buy there if it's late and no one else is open except the fast food burger joints. As one example, chicken katsu used to be three nice, big boneless thighs, stacked so high that the counter staff had to use rubber bands to hold the cover onto the take out Styrofoam clamshell container. Now days you have to hunt and peck to look for the pieces of chicken - lucky if you get one thigh inside.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

My3Cats wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:00 pm Zippys has been steadily going down hill over the years. Costs keep going up, portions and taste keep going down. I only buy there if it's late and no one else is open except the fast food burger joints. As one example, chicken katsu used to be three nice, big boneless thighs, stacked so high that the counter staff had to use rubber bands to hold the cover onto the take out Styrofoam clamshell container. Now days you have to hunt and peck to look for the pieces of chicken - lucky if you get one thigh inside.
:o You know this sounds so funny, but everything said My2cats is so very true! :lol: :x :wink:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:44 am
My3Cats wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:00 pm Zippys has been steadily going down hill over the years. Costs keep going up, portions and taste keep going down. I only buy there if it's late and no one else is open except the fast food burger joints. As one example, chicken katsu used to be three nice, big boneless thighs, stacked so high that the counter staff had to use rubber bands to hold the cover onto the take out Styrofoam clamshell container. Now days you have to hunt and peck to look for the pieces of chicken - lucky if you get one thigh inside.
:o You know this sounds so funny, but everything said My2cats is so very true! :lol: :x :wink:
Yup. Sad, but true. And the chicken doesn't taste anywhere near as good as before. Scratched this plate lunch off my list.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

That's too bad. My last taste of Zippy's was back in 2003 when I went back home. That was the best Zippy's I ever had. My wife made the comment how I attacked it like I just got out of jail (never been to jail BT). We were at Zippys on King St by McCully for like 2.5 hours.

I can imagine the cost cutting took what's good about Zippy's out.

But tell me this, the Zippy's Chili is still good, no? Or I'm going to cry...

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Zippys chili is still the same and still good. I actually prefer Zippys chili to all of the other local restaurants chili. But their serving size went the way of the rest of their plate lunches too.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

On the mainland, I sample some of the fancy chili with Armadillos, snake, and stuff.

Either they have to be really good, or I rather have Zippy's chili.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

My3Cats wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:09 am Zippys chili is still the same and still good. I actually prefer Zippys chili to all of the other local restaurants chili. But their serving size went the way of the rest of their plate lunches too.
:-? Hard to argue with you that My3Cats......yet, for some strange reason, I still like to go there(sit in the restaurant and eat) :roll: :lol: . Sometimes, take out is an option, but food places are struggling on Oahu if you really notice...
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

cabanalane wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:48 am On the mainland, I sample some of the fancy chili with Armadillos, snake, and stuff.

Either they have to be really good, or I rather have Zippy's chili.
I like the chili but the beanless one.
ImageImage