Why LOCALS live in Vegas or moving there?

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
Paul B
All-American
All-American

Why LOCALS live in Vegas or moving there?

Post by Paul B »

http://www.mauinews.com/page/blogs.deta ... There.html

Found this article in the Maui News and was wondering what everyone thinks about this exodus to Las Vegas?

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Re: Why LOCALS live in Vegas or moving there?

Post by 808Hawaii »

Without reading the article, my guess is they like the warm climate and having relatives visit all the time. I hope it's not because they love to gamble.
I am the one who knocks.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Article pretty much nailed it on the head. Next article should be why locals should stay in Hawaii.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Economics and job opportunities has always been at the top of the list for people leaving Hawaii. Many don't want to leave in the first place but have little or no choice. I would agree with the article.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

Las Vegas --- 30 or 40 years ago had a lot going for it. The desert was an isolated place and the lights and flash were cool.
Now it is a huge crappy suburbia. Sure it is nice to eat some bbq chicken with Hawaii folks. But you are still living in a lousy place with a bunch of people racing around to their bullcrap jobs.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

UnBiasFan wrote:Las Vegas --- 30 or 40 years ago had a lot going for it. The desert was an isolated place and the lights and flash were cool.
Now it is a huge crappy suburbia. Sure it is nice to eat some bbq chicken with Hawaii folks. But you are still living in a lousy place with a bunch of people racing around to their bullcrap jobs.
Sounds a lot like Oahu, except cheaper and no beaches.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

EITSwarrior wrote:
UnBiasFan wrote:Las Vegas --- 30 or 40 years ago had a lot going for it. The desert was an isolated place and the lights and flash were cool.
Sounds a lot like Oahu, except cheaper and no beaches.
good point .... and the Hawaii folk that have been in Vegas for a couple decades have memories of the old days

so they are in Vegas celebrating an image of Hawaii that once was .... maybe they are better off

GARRISON
All-American
All-American

Post by GARRISON »

I remember a friend of mine who moved there (and is still living there) in the late 90's. He was getting married and I was in the wedding (this was in 2000).

He lived in a suburb outside of LV (and this was my second time there) and from his house, looking toward LV, there was a thick brown layer of air you could see hanging over the city. I asked him if that was smog, and he said yes. That was crazy to me. :o
Check out our latest short The WATCHGUARD