Ad campaign: Ban everything, but assault weapons.

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Ad campaign: Ban everything, but assault weapons.

Post by SundayJam »

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/l ... 14434.html

Oohhh...I loves my gun.

Clearly, I am not the only gun control advocate. Its a smart ad campaign paid for by people with nothing to gain.

Paul B
All-American
All-American

Re: Ad campaign: Ban everything, but assault weapons.

Post by Paul B »

AND PRESSURE COOKERS!

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Paul B wrote:AND PRESSURE COOKERS!
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/ap ... n-tsarnaev
Tamerlan Tsarnaev shows why gun control 'terror gap' must be bridged

In America, thanks in part to the efforts of the NRA, being a suspected terrorist is not enough to stop you buying a gun
The discovery that the suspected Boston bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev was on a national terrorism watch list has put the spotlight on one of the most glaring flaws in US gun laws: that even suspected terrorists can legally buy weapons and explosives.
The right to bear arms is an antiquated, useless amendment to the constitution. The proliferation of guns does not save or protect anyone. It seems to only put guns in the hands of psycho's and terrorists. The NRA is only interested in selling guns.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

SundayJam wrote:
The right to bear arms is an antiquated, useless amendment to the constitution. The proliferation of guns does not save or protect anyone. It seems to only put guns in the hands of psycho's and terrorists. The NRA is only interested in selling guns.
:o didn't know that the NRA had a store or web site to buy guns...I thought they just want the right to have any type of firearm available?

So....assault weapons are for who to use? Anyone? The police? The Military? If that's the case, I want the right to have an assault helicopter! :lol: :lol:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Huh? I didn't know Little Red Riding Hood was banned. I suppose in some schools it might be. But it's true, a good education is always the best protection. An educated country will not succumb to tyranny. And, a well-educated military is the best kind of military.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Funny, I was a member of the NRA. I bought a .22 at the Ala Moana JC Penney when I was 17 or 18, and they gave me an NRA application. The NRA is a protection mechanism of the gun industry only. I'm cool with hunters owning weapons for that purpose. However, there isn't any other purpose for owning a gun. Its not necessary to defend your home or guard against tyranny. WTH does anyone need an assault weapon?!!!

Oh, I know. Terrorists with pressure cooker bombs and crazy people that want to shoot little kids need 'em. Dysfunctional kids from Columbine need 'em too.

The 2nd amendment was conceived in a time when the average American would challenge each other to a duel. When was the last time a duel was fought on the streets of America? 2nd amendment fanatics are nothing more than paranoid nerds--kinda like dangerous Trekkies.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22478310
While desktop 3D printers are becoming more popular, Defense Distributed used an industrial 3D printer that cost more than £5,000 to produce its gun. This was able to use high-density plastic that could withstand and channel the explosive force involved in firing a bullet.

Before making the Liberator, Mr Wilson got a licence to manufacture and sell the weapon from the US Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

The Bureau told the BBC that any American could make a gun for their own use, even on a 3D printer, but selling it required a licence.

Mr Wilson, who describes himself as a crypto-anarchist, said the project to create a printed gun and make it widely available was all "about liberty".

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

A gun-supportive friend once said that if guns are banned, those that really wanna hurt others will only use other "weapons". After Boston's killers use of pressure cookers - I tend to agree.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Grinch wrote:A gun-supportive friend once said that if guns are banned, those that really wanna hurt others will only use other "weapons". After Boston's killers use of pressure cookers - I tend to agree.
All that talk of self-defense and right to bear arms did nothing to stop the bombing or the gun spree that ensued afterwards. It still took law enforcement and a telephone call to bring an end to the rampage. The only thing that gun rights accomplished in this case was to make it easy for a known terrorist to get a gun. Our gun laws only succeed in selling more guns. Our legislators don't care about public safety at all...only sales. jmo