COURT LIES OF MICHAEL CAINE’S SON-IN-LAW

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
AlfonsoVHuntley
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

COURT LIES OF MICHAEL CAINE’S SON-IN-LAW

Post by AlfonsoVHuntley »

Friday July 20,2012
By Cyril Dixon

MICHAEL Caine’s millionaire son-in-law was branded a liar yesterday as a judge threw out his claim that he had been ­harassed by a debt collector.

Sir Michael Caine with his daughter Natasha

Michael Hall, married to the British-born Hollywood star’s daughter Natasha, had told “straightforward untruths” in a ­“colourful and highly inaccurate” account of his dealings with former armed robber Kevin Fox, said Judge Richard Seymour QC.

In a scathing attack on property developer Mr Hall, Judge Seymour accused him of misleading the High Court.

He believed the evidence of Mr Fox over the well-connected businessman, he said, giving judgment following a three-day hearing in which Mr Hall demanded damages from Mr Fox for threatening him and his wife.

Mr Hall alleged Mr Fox, a former French Foreign Legionnaire, had terrorised 39-year-old Natasha to the point where her “hair began to turn white”.

Mr Fox claimed he had simply visited Mr Hall’s London office and home in a bid to recover a £67,000 debt which Mr Hall allegedly owed a business partner.

Judge Seymour found for the 45-year-old security consultant and awarded him damages, praising him as being “perfectly civilised throughout”.

In contrast, he said of Sir Michael Caine’s relative: “I am afraid Mr Hall’s untrue evidence and his lack of candour caused me grave concerns as to whether I could rely on anything Mr Hall said which was disputed. Unhappily I reached the conclusion that I could not.”

Mr Hall, who denies owing the £67,000, had told the court Mr Fox was a “hard man” and an “underworld enforcer” who boasted about his reputation to extort money out of him.

He said on one occasion, Mr Fox “took my arm in his hand in a firm grip, fixed my eye and stared at me in a deliberate and frightening way”. toronto vip condos