Regular is now to $2.799 at Costco

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Regular is now to $2.259 at Costco

Post by couz808 »

WTH, I went to Waipio today and its now 2.68 at costco for unleaded. HOW CAN IT JUMP THAT MUCH???

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

Here we go again. Just when the news comes out saying the economy is turning around oil and gas prices are going to ensure that the economy does a 180 for the worst. Maybe the Federal government should own the oil companies too to keep the prices down and to pay off our debts. No wait, that's why drugs are still illegal. You got to make money some how.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

:( $2.75 and climbing......new gas taxes hasn't even kicked in yet. :o This will be a painful time.... :-?
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

They charge 2.95 in EWA Beach. Will be over 3.00 dollars by tomorrow I bet.

I don't know anyone who is using gas more than they did last year. As a matter of fact less people are traveling which would keep consumption down. Even on this small island I don't go anywhere unless needed to keep my gas bill down.

Any excuse to raise the price of oil and gas they will find. We lose no matter what. Our hotel and entertainment industry is going down fast with the help of oil prices an higher taxes.

Will the last tax paying American citizen leaving Hawaii please bring the Hawaiian Flag with you?
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

HawaiianHogster wrote:
Will the last tax paying American citizen leaving Hawaii please bring the Hawaiian Flag with you?
:o WHOA.....what american would carry the "modified" "Union Jack of a Hawaiian flag" while leaving the islands? Charleton Heston? :oops: Opps, He's gone....Jack Lord? :- Nope.....We're gonna have to depend on "Golly" Gomer Plye himself -Jim Nabors, while singing "Oh danny Boy"..... :lol: :lol:

:wink: I'm sorry Hogster....I couldn't resist. :lol: :oops: [-X
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

I put in gas at the Tesoro on Queen Emma and Houghtailing today. $2.81 per gallon. On the way home, we passed Cosco on Alakawa in Kapalama. The sign read, $2.83.
Last edited by madeinhawaii on Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

What's fueling high gas prices?

Posted Jun 16 2009, 09:50 AM
by Catherine Holahan

Drivers are shelling out far more to fill their tanks this summer than last winter, despite the severe economic downturn. And there's likely more pain to come at the pump.

Gasoline prices have risen sharply in the past month. This week, the average price for a gallon rose to $2.67, according to automotive group AAA. That's up more than 35% since December 2008.

To be sure, gas prices are still far less than consumers paid last summer. il prices hit a record high of $147 per barrel on July 11, 2008, pushing the average price of regular gasoline to $4.11. But the price of crude has soared in recent weeks. Prices jumped past $72 a barrel late last week, though they fell slightly on Monday as the dollar strengthened. (A stronger dollar reduces the desire to buy commodities as a hedge against inflation.)

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

I heard that sams club gas station in pearl city will be opening today. I hope it brings competition against costco's gas station.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

couz808 wrote:I heard that sams club gas station in pearl city will be opening today. I hope it brings competition against costco's gas station.
Bet those lines in Pearl City will be long!

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

madeinhawaii wrote: Bet those lines in Pearl City will be long!
:o Suprizing....no lines. But the price is not much different than COSTCO at $2.859 ...in 10 days gas price went up to .10, and the NEW gas taxes has not kicked in yet....hold on to your wallets, and wear a rubberband around your jaw, so that when the taxes kick in, your jaw doesn't hit the ground too hard :( :-

BigWave96744

Re: Regular is now to $2.85 at Costco

Post by BigWave96744 »

Reports says Gas will be over $3.00 by this week

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Regular is now to $2.85 at Costco

Post by Duster »

It was $2.899 today at Iwilei Costco. It was also over $3.00 at Vineyard/Palama Tesoro. I'll edit the title of the thread.

BigWave96744

Re: Regular is now to $2.899 at Costco

Post by BigWave96744 »

Expect Gas to go up by $.10 by this Wednesday..
Fill 'em up before then

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

BigWave96744 wrote:Expect Gas to go up by $.10 by this Wednesday..
Fill 'em up before then
:( Sad but true.....however, the gas tax is $.12 which kicks in on Wednesday. :evil:

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Pats

Post by uhwarrior23 »

:x :x :evil: :evil: :twist: :twist: