Introduce yourself

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
dptwarrior13
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by dptwarrior13 »

Name: dptwarrior13
Schools attended: Waiakea HS 2002, University of the Pacific 2006 (BA Sports Medicine), University of the Pacific 2008 (DPT)
Affiliation to UH Sports: fan of UH athletics. Parents have season tickets to football, volleyball and basketball.
Sports In Hawaii: Baseball in HS
Work: Recent graduate, still looking and studying for licensing exam.
Famous Quote: "Thats what she said" - Michael Scott
Hobbies: Following UH football, watching and playing sports (football, basketball, baseball), weightlifting, drinking/partying, bbqing, fishing and beach when I'm home.

auloa
Starter
Starter

Post by auloa »

hope this is not too old or explained to death.
Why is there a uhwarriors, uhwarrior23, and maybe even another version of the same name?
Are these all different guys? The same guy? Is there a uhwarrior, too?

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

auloa wrote:hope this is not too old or explained to death.
Why is there a uhwarriors, uhwarrior23, and maybe even another version of the same name?
I am me and he is him and me and him are not the same.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

uhwarriors wrote:
I nominate uhwarriors' reply as the post of the year! lol

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Pats

Post by uhwarrior23 »

uhwarriors wrote:
Correct. :rofl: This is true.

Legaleagle
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
MLB: Cleveland Indians
NBA: Cleveland Cavaliers
NFL: Green Bay Packers
Location: North Olmsted, Ohio...approximately 4,600 miles away from most everyone on this board.

Post by Legaleagle »

This is my first post here, so please be gentle. :)

Name: Mike (aka Legaleagle...I am a lawyer by trade, but I am in Ohio, so I know nothing about Hawaiian law.) :lol:
Schools attended: None in Hawaii...all in Ohio. I graduated from Rocky River High School in 1987, Mount Vernon Nazarene College in 1991, and Cleveland-Marshall College of Law at Cleveland State University in 1994.
Affiliation to UH Sports: None...except I am a fan. I've always liked UH from afar, probably because it's in Paradise. Right now, it's 40 degrees in Cleveland and we had a snowstorm earlier this week.
Sports In Hawaii: N/A
Work: Self-employed as an attorney for the last 11 years in Rocky River, Ohio (a suburb west of Cleveland).
Famous Quote: "I need your complete loyalty, absolute secrecy, and twenty live turkeys." -- Arthur Carlson, from the "Turkeys Away" episode of WKRP in Cincinnati. Appropriate because today's the day after Thanksgiving.
Hobbies: Useless and mindless trivia, baseball, golf, college football, 80s music, classical music, Jimmy Buffett-style music, which would include the islands.

Hoping to be part of the Ohana here, even though I've never been to Hawaii. The closest I've ever been is San Francisco, as I have family in the Bay Area. Maybe someday I will come to the 50th State. I truly hope that it will be during some February in the future.
"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane." -- Jimmy Buffett

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

LegalEagle,
Aloha and Welcome to the SportsHawaii Ohana..
I'm sure you will have a great time here.
To satisfy your useless trivia cravings, check out our "General Discussions Forum"
Enjoy the Ride

Spaz
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Spaz »

My first post here...

Name: Spaz
Schools Attended: Originally from Guam, Chaminade University ('01-'05)
Affiliation to UH Sports: Fan since 2001. Followed all UH Sports throughout college (only followed woman's volleyball @ Chaminade). Carried the love for Warrior football to California. Some memories of late 80s UH Football.
Work: QC Tech at Deluxe Digital in Burbank, CA
Favorite Quote(s): "I can't believe I ate the whole thing" - Homer Simpson
Hobbies: Film Geek, watching Lost, Xbox 360, wasting time surfing the net
Favorite UH Moment: UH crushing BYU IN '01, Chad Owens flying past everyone, Colt Brennan's 2006 season, West's stiff arm =;

cali warrior
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Golden State Warriors
NFL: Dallas Cowboys

Post by cali warrior »

Name: rudy reyes
Schools attended: castle high 88,89,91 vacaville high 90, santa rosa j.c.
Affiliation to UH Sports: I love all UH sports! been a uh sports fan for a long time-from allen allen and his brother masui, to al noga, rafael cherry, michael carter, jeff sydner, anthony carter, nuu, to colt, and the boys!! i'm always gonna rep the 808 and uh sports!!
Sports In Hawaii: spent many days at sandy's, makapuu, pounders, and all the other fun shorebreaks bodyboarding
Work: telecom tech for the oakland unified school district
Famous Quote: eddy would go!
Hobbies:still bodyboard when i can, coached pop warner football for 5 years, spend alot of time going to sporting events here in the bay area. road trips to see the warriors play here on the mainland

unkosolz
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by unkosolz »

Name: Solz
Schools attended: Nanakuli & Wai`anae HS (class of 2004), The Art Institute of California-Los Angeles (class of 2007, Bachelors in Digital Film)
Affiliation to UH Sports: Pretty much all sports
Sports In Hawaii: Loved baseball and football but played one sport at a time. Played baseball as a kid and played HS football at pretty much every skilled position. I never played my senior year as I pursued my career in digital film. Sometimes regret that though.
Work: Work at two jobs that I love and that both has to do with digital media.
Famous Quote: E Pa`a Ka Mana`o I Ka Pono I `Oi A`e - Think always that righteousness is best. From Ekolu Mea Nui
Hobbies: All sports, beach, video games, technology, travel, business, and learning the law.
E Pa`a Ka Mana`o I Ka Pono I `Oi A`e

allshownogo
Starter
Starter
NBA: Pistons, Nuggets
NFL: Broncos, Lions

Post by allshownogo »

Name : Nick Pananganan
Schools Attended: Kapaa High, Kauai Community College
Affiliation to UH sports: I enjoy following the football the most however I do watch the Men & Women's Baseketball and Volleyball programs as well. Plus I live in Hawaii so it helps to back the home team.
Sports in Hawaii: HS Football.OL& DL, dummy LB and once scrimmaged at safety for fun.Some track (shot and discus)
Work: Fire Fighter
Famous Quote: "Yesterday is History, Tommorow is a mystery, Today is a Gift. That is why it is called the present."
Hobbies: Family activities, Jiu jitsu, Video Games

BIGMOA808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by BIGMOA808 »

HEY MY NAME IS ALIFALETI CLAYMORE LIKIO, AND I NEED SOME HELP WITH MY CITIZENSHIP STATUS.... BEEN WAITING AND STILL WAITING.... I WAS OFFERED A SCHOLARSHIP IN 04-05 BUT BECAUSE OF MY CITIZENSHIP STATUS... I WAS SENT HOME..... ME AND MY WIFE WHO I WAS AND STILL MARRIED TO AT THE TIME WAS A CITIZEN OF THE UNITED STATES... IT WAS FUNNY BECAUSE I THOUGHT THAT THE UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII WOULD HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM... AND WOULD HELP BUT THEY PUT ME ON THE BACK BURNER...... I JUST TURNED 25... LAST WEEK AND IS NOW IN THE BEST SHAPE OF MY LIFE........ I STILL HAVE 3 YEARS OF ELIGIBILITY LEFT UNDER ME...... AND I NEED MY CHANCE...... I WAS A TRANSFER FROM ARIZONA STATE....... ONLY THING THAT IS HOLDING ME BACK IS MY CITIZENSHIP ISSUE.... I KNOW THAT THE UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII, CAN HELP I JUST NEED THE RIGHT PEOPLE TO DO IT.... IM VERY ANGRY WITH THE SYSTEM, BECAUSE I FEEL THAT I HAVE BEEN DELT WITH IN A VERY BAD WAY.... SO IF ANYONE CAN HELP PLEASE CALL ME DIRECTLY AT (808)346-7658..... ONCE AGAIN MY NAME IS ALIFALETI CLAYMORE LIKIO.... DOB...08-26-84..... AND I NEED MY CHANCE FOR IT WAS CUT AWAY FROM ME BY THE UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII (MANOA) .... [GOOGLE ME FOR STATS]

Aussie Ohana51
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Aussie Ohana51 »

Name: Aaron
Schools Attended: Casula High class 00 Sydney Australia
Affiliation to UH Sports: First visited Hawaii in Nov '06 was lucky enough to go to 2 games UH Vs San Jose State and UH Vs Perdue, Attended Sports Hawaii Tailgate and was blowen away by the hospitality( thanks Scott)
Work: O'Brien Glass
Favorite Quote(s): "Be not afraid of greatness; some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them.

Hobbies: Football, I play here in Australia "Offensive Tackle"
Favorite UH Moment: UH crushing Purdue, What a game

Carley Jo
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
MLB: Seattle Mariners
NFL: Seattle Seahawks

Post by Carley Jo »

Our Ohana

From Seattle, WA...But Hawaii At Heart

My Bebz & I On Da 4th Of July

NAME: Carley Jo
SCHOOLS ATTENDED: Highline Community College, Mt. Rainier High School
AFFILIATION TO UH SPORTS: My cousin plays for UH..and I am a HAWAii WARRiORS Fan in WA!
SPORTS IN HAWAII: N/A
WORK: Receptionist
FAVORITE QUOTE(S): "ALL BUSS..ALL NiGHT..ALL RiGHT!"
HOBBIES: Hangin with my ohana & the cafe hawaii crew, spending time wit my bebz and our kids (2 pitbulls and 1 kitty), xbox360, tanning, movie nights, drunk nights, gopitbull forum, facebook, and myspace!
Supporting My Cousin Kahekili Kalalau -aka- TUNDA! GO WARRiORS!

Jaguarhaole
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
NBA: Orlando Magic
NFL: Jacksonville Jaguars

Post by Jaguarhaole »

Schools Attended: Radford HS 2001-2003, UHM with a BSN 2003-2008
Affiliation to UH sports: Manoa Maniac for 4 straight years, Warrior Ambassador in the heart of Gator Nation
Sports in Hawaii: Track & Field at Radford
Hobbies: Jacksonville Jaguars and Sharks games, watching the Warriors on ESPN3, guitar, motorcycle