Introduce yourself

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
jhb3043
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: new menber but old fan

Post by jhb3043 »

Wainaku, please feel free to post away with your UH FB knowledge. and welcome to the boards :thumbup:

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

wainaku do you remeber when UH used to run the hula T.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

welcome to the Ohana! I'm glad you decided to join us, looks like it's going to be an exciting 2008!
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

krazychinaman
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Phillies
NBA: None
NFL: Patriots

Post by krazychinaman »

WOOT WOOT!! WELCOME!!!

wainaku
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by wainaku »

thanks for the aloha...to answer some of your questions, No I don't know Penn....moved to Oahu in '67 for my Jr year at UH (UHH only had a 2year program) and yes I was around for the Hula T.....my roomate and high school buddy played on the team so I did a lot of partying with the guys...in fact a lot of them came for the UH_UW game and had a get together at the St Louis club house....Larry Sherrer, Dennis Goodrich, Lonnie Williams, John Hammond, Murray Cassidy, Bill Ayers, just to name a few.....even Miayshiro from Kuhio Grill showed up.....I thought the Hula T was just a name but the offense didn't quite live up to it....never cared for Price at the coach....but saw some great games at the old stadium from the time Holmes was the coach with names like Larry Cole, Mac Reynolds, Larry Arnold, Bill Massey, Jim Schultz, Bobby Ahu, etc. and teams like Cal, Nebraska, Oregon, Stanford......I even had season tickets to the WFL(?) and watched Calvin Hill and the Hawaiians.....I was also at the Chaminade-Virginia game......was single and bored so went to the game. so much for now

browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by browndog »

I bet you are glad you were single and bored that fateful night when chaminade shocked the world :wink:

mainlandkid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: Dallas Cowboys

Post by mainlandkid »

welcome to the board

Poopsnorkeler
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by Poopsnorkeler »

Welcome Wainaku! Glad you could join our Ohana!

wainaku
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by wainaku »

schools: Hilo union, Hilo Inter., Hilo High School 1965....UHH 2years, UHM BFA '69, MEd. '74, Washington State--2 summers....
Work: sold women's shoes at Leeds Ala Moana while in college
Just retired after teaching art in the DOE for 37 years ...high school....currently a substitute teacher until social security kicks in in a couple of years.....my wife runs a retail shop in Waimanalo so I get stuck there also
sports: played some baseball at UHH (wasn't very good) currently playing golf (18Hdcp) and makule softball.
Married but no kids.....but my wife has a horse
travels include honeymoon in Europe, fishing in Alaska, white water rafting in Hell's Canyon (Idaho) dude ranch in Wyoming, Skiing in Maine, Japan, and half of the states.

I'm also a dinosour when it comes to technology

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

wainaku wrote:dude ranch in Wyoming
Welcome to Sports Hawaii, wainaku.

Where in my homestate was this dude ranch? Jackson?

wainaku
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by wainaku »

Wyokie......we visited Yellowstone and Jackson Hole area then the dude ranch was near Dubois at a place called Turpin Meadows....my wife loves horses but I do admit it was a great experience.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

wainaku wrote:Wyokie......we visited Yellowstone and Jackson Hole area then the dude ranch was near Dubois at a place called Turpin Meadows....my wife loves horses but I do admit it was a great experience.
That area of the state is the best in terms of scenry.

As for horses, seems like almost everyone in the northwest part of the state has at least one. My grandmother at one time owned 4 horses.

pokie
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by pokie »

Hi everyone, my name is pokie and I've been visiting this site for about a season. I'm not really a college football fan but I am a UH grad and pull for our team. The only other college team I enjoy following is Boise St., otherwise it's the NFL for me. I enjoy reading the posts on this site, everyone seems so knowledgeable, but hey, what do I know.

I want to add that I happened to see the link for Maddie's blog and was very touched by her spirit and that of her family. Maddie, you and your ohana are always in my prayers. Keep the faith. Aloha, pokie.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

pokie wrote:I want to add that I happened to see the link for Maddie's blog and was very touched by her spirit and that of her family. Maddie, you and your ohana are always in my prayers. Keep the faith. Aloha, pokie.
She's one tough little lady. Hope to meet her soon. :D

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

Having been to many of the Warrior Football Na Koa luncheons (I work with Chawan_cut & fourth & one),and I had the great pleasure to meet Scott, UHWarrior,Irse,etc. I felt like the time for me to join this important Ohana was NOW!

If you listen to KKEA 1420 sports radio, then you would have heard me many times-- I'm Shawn with BC(usually I'm the first caller of his show- I start work WAY TOO early),On point with AW, and the animals!. I love UH sports (graduated with a BA in 1986), and I'm born and raised in these beautiful islands (PCH grad-same as Chawan_cut). I'm very curious about ALL the well thought of & entertaining viewpoints that this forum offers, and I was one of those "unregistered guests" that browse this page for years. Anyway, I'm very glad to be on board (hopefully, Scott won't kick me off).
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden