Introduce yourself

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
Shinka
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Shinka »

Name: Kel

Schools attended: Castle '05, currently a junior at UHM

Affiliation to UH Sports: Fan of men's bball, men's/women's vball, and of course football.

Sports In Hawaii: Basketball and running.

Work: Typical college student job. :/

Favorite Quote:
How appropriate...

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing." -adidas

And one more, because I think it's such a good one.

"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Hobbies: Following my favorite sports teams (Lakers, Tar Heel bball, and of course the PACKERS! :), playing the occasional pickup game with friends, playing the drums once in awhile, and poker. That last one is the really bad one. :x

Garret
Starter
Starter

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by Garret »

I've lurked on SH forever it seems and recently starting posting occasionally, so I figure I should add to this thread and introduce myself.

Name: Garret

Schools attended: Castle '85, Texas '90, Stanford '91, Texas '98

Affiliation to UH Sports: Season ticket holder from before Aloha Stadium opened, kept the season tickets for 13 years after I moved to the mainland. I finally gave up on moving back to Hawaii to work in 1998, so I gave up my 2 seats that were next to my parent's seats (loge row 1 between the 35- and 40-yard lines). My parents also have 3 season tickets to UH basketball and I go whenever I'm in Hawaii (otherwise my 8-year-old nephew goes).

Sports In Hawaii: Varsity letter in bowling, mainly just played football/basketball with friends.

Work: Wireless Communications R&D.

Favorite Quote: I have too many to pick just one. I try to collect every quote on the Warriors on my blog, but I don't think I should advertise my blog here.

Hobbies: Following UH football, following Texas football, competing with my wife on various Nintendo Wii games every night, playing games with my kids.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Garret wrote:I've lurked on SH forever it seems and recently starting posting occasionally, so I figure I should add to this thread and introduce myself.

Name: Garret

Schools attended: Castle '85, Texas '90, Stanford '91, Texas '98

Affiliation to UH Sports: Season ticket holder from before Aloha Stadium opened, kept the season tickets for 13 years after I moved to the mainland. I finally gave up on moving back to Hawaii to work in 1998, so I gave up my 2 seats that were next to my parent's seats (loge row 1 between the 35- and 40-yard lines). My parents also have 3 season tickets to UH basketball and I go whenever I'm in Hawaii (otherwise my 8-year-old nephew goes).

Sports In Hawaii: Varsity letter in bowling, mainly just played football/basketball with friends.

Work: Wireless Communications R&D.

Favorite Quote: I have too many to pick just one. I try to collect every quote on the Warriors on my blog, but I don't think I should advertise my blog here.

Hobbies: Following UH football, following Texas football, competing with my wife on various Nintendo Wii games every night, playing games with my kids.
Garret, a belated welcome to the Sports Hawaii ohana. BTW are you the same Garret who posts on Stephen Tsai's blog?

Regarding your blog, it's great. Scott is on a trip so he might not see your post. I know that he would say it's not only okay to advertise your blog, he would encourage it. He's all about sharing information and celebrating our Warriors.

Garret
Starter
Starter

Post by Garret »

uhwarriors wrote:Garret, a belated welcome to the Sports Hawaii ohana. BTW are you the same Garret who posts on Stephen Tsai's blog?

Regarding your blog, it's great. Scott is on a trip so he might not see your post. I know that he would say it's not only okay to advertise your blog, he would encourage it. He's all about sharing information and celebrating our Warriors.
uhwarriors,

I'm the same guy--when I started posting to Tsai's blog I thought I'd just post a few article links and so I never bothered to think of a good screenname. Chawan_cut and BigWave already asked that question too.

I appreciate this forum and the excellent contributors here...so I figured I should post a little instead of just be one of the zillions of lurkers. I read basically everything I can find about the Warriors (and Tombo still finds some things that Google and the 40+ sites I check each day miss), and I'll try to post one thing that stands out to me each day. Today it was the La Tech coach helping Georgia...that really bothered me!

For those interested, my Warrior quote archive blog has the unoriginal name: http://warriorquotes.wordpress.com/

Trojan Warrior
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Trojan Warrior »

Name: Ed
Schools attended: Waiakea High School - Warriors c/o '98.
Affiliation to UH Sports: Been a fan of UH sports since I was a kid.
Sports In Hawaii: Basketball
Work: US Air Force - Financial Management and Accounting
Hobbies: Basketball, Football, MMA, Import Car Enthusiast

crackers
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by crackers »

was concerned and interested in the JJ saga. surfing the net and found this wonderful sight.

1974 grad
kimo

thanks folks! :hello1:
Last edited by crackers on Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OddsNEnds
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by OddsNEnds »

Hi everyone,

Lurker for a short time now and thought I'd say "Hello".

Al
Kaiser Grad, 1984
Hobbies: Hot Rods, bodysurfing and Warrior football!

cya 'round!

jorgecuriousii
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

me...

Post by jorgecuriousii »

Name:
J. Doe

Schools attended: St. Louis (9th), TX HS (10th), CA HS (11th/12th), long beach state '98, hawaii '02, uc riverside '03, some graduate work at Texas but didn't finish.

Affiliation to UH Sports:
fan, booster, season ticket holder

Sports In Hawaii:
youth sports as a kid, St. Louis FB/BB/BSB, moved to Texas at age 15

Work:
was self-employed (investments & real estate) now basically retired, but i still coach all my kids' teams and that keeps me busy.

Famous Quote:
"you're worse than a has been, you're a never were"

Hobbies:
sports (baseball, football, softball, surfing, xgames, golf) traveling, hiking, foreign foods, old school cars, wsj.
Just my $0.02.

HawaiianLion
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by HawaiianLion »

Name: Chris

Schools: Iolani '92, Columbia '96

Affiliation to UH Sports: Fan of football, baseball teams

Sports in Hawai`i: water polo & swimming (HS)

Work: Lupus Hawai`i (support lupus patients in Hawai`i & spread awareness about the disease)

Favorite Quote: "Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." - Babe Ruth

Hobbies: watching sports (Yankees/Spurs/Rams/UH), watching movies, Nintendo Wii, sports memorabilia & autographs, hanging out with friends

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

I probably won't post much but I enjoy reading everything you guys have to say about UH football

Name: David

Schools: Kapaa 71, UH Manoa 81, CSU 85

Affiliation to UH Sports: Football fan

Sports in Hawai`i: swimming at Kapaa, Karate at UH

Hobbies: surfing (longboard but try to use it like shortboard), gardening, shell collecting, Ultima Online, surfing the internet

wainaku
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

new menber but old fan

Post by wainaku »

Aloha....my first post here....been a viewer for a while.....Wainaku is where I grew up in Hilo.....UHH and UHM alumni..... season ticket holder since 1970 for both football and men's basketball........Na Koa member for several years......

ChuBeeMee
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: new menber but old fan

Post by ChuBeeMee »

Welcome to the Ohana and enjoy the ride! :hello1:

giversgain
Starter
Starter

Post by giversgain »

welcome aboard. Are you a friend of the Penn's? Wainaku got some tough boys.

browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by browndog »

Welcome Wainaku! I look forward to your opinions.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Welcome
ImageImage