Introduce yourself

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
goBows15
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by goBows15 »

Name: goBows15
Schools attended: Seabury Hall c/o '90. One year at UH, 2 years at Maui Community College, BA from Truman State University (Missouri) '96

Affiliation to UH Sports: Been going to games since '86. Was a walk-on in Spring '91.

Sports In Hawaii: HS Basketball

Work: In the Health Industry

Favorite Quote: Just win baby! - Al Davis

Hobbies: UH Football, beer drinking, sports with my sons, poker
"I saw the fullback, he's looking directly at me," Soares said. "I knew he was coming my way, so I already knew. I went with all my power and all my might and I went crush him. I heard him when I hit him, I heard him -- he felt it."

Grip8o8
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Grip8o8 »

Name: Grip8o8
Schools attended: Radford (95), Leeward CC & UH West Oahu (2000)
Affiliation to UH Sports: Life-long UH fan
Hobbies: Big-time college football fan, playing poker & spending time with my 2-yr old son

Been reading posts on this board & the one on the UH ESPN board the past year but this is my first post here. I've had to follow UH games via the internet the last few years in Japan and now here. (I had fun watching the midnight kick-offs last season). Went to the Sugar Bowl this past year and have tickets to Gainsville later this month (in the UH section of course), looking forward to partying with the ohana once again.

opihi
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by opihi »

Name: opihi
Schools attended: Kaiser (92), UH (96)
Affiliation to UH Sports: UH fan since the late 80's. Mostly fball, but also a former season-ticket holder in BB. did watch BB & Wahine VBall, but hard to follow those sports from da Mainland.
Sports in Hawaii: Wrestled on & off in HS.
Location: Las Vegas (so keep scheduling the away games w/ UNLV!!!)
Hobbies: Warriors, video games, reef tanks
Work: Software Development
Favorite Quote: "We're gonna kick their okole" -- Coach Mack! (referring to both SMU & Georgia:))

Aloha everyone,
I've been on this board for some time now, but never formally introduced myself. I've been a UH fan as long as I've been interested in football. I attended the 92 Holiday Bowl, sat through every home game during the VA error--i mean era, and almost cried when JJ became our HC.

I am very, very excited w/ Coach Mack at the helm, and I'm one of his biggest fans. I'm really looking forward to this season. Being in Vegas, I'm gonna try to go to the OSU, Boise, Fresno, Utah State and NMSU games. Like the old K5 commercials: "I'll be there!"

kepaniamekolea
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by kepaniamekolea »

Name: Kendall
Schools attended: Leilehua High('94), UH Manoa 94-95, LCC 95, UH-Hilo 96-99.
Affiliation to UH Sports: Fan of UH football!!! Nothing compare to college football, especially UH!!!
Sports In Hawaii: Nothing in high school or college, small kine sports as a kid, but mainly just an avid UH football fan.
Work: Marine Biologist.
Hobbies: Fishing, making fishing poles, diving, camping, off-roading..... totally outdoors stuff esp. since I live on the big island.

kyleh
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by kyleh »

Name: Kyle
Schools Attended: Aiea High School ('95), UH Manoa ('02...yes, it took me that long to graduate from college).
Affiliation to UH Sports: Fan since small kid time. More so now that I graduated from and now work there. Got to go to class and meet and hang out with a lot of the athletes.
Sports in Hawaii: Soccer and Judo (small kid time), Judo and Cross Country in high school, football, basketball, tennis, bodyboard, stand up paddle surf for recreation.
Work: Conservation Technician at Hamilton Library, UH Manoa
Favorite Quote(s): Win or lose, you always learn; Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.
Hobbies: Anything but work, video games (especially football), going beach, hanging out with friends, sleep (does that count? I do it an awful lot), fishing (bait boy)
Favorite UH Moment: Watching UH football, getting drunk, and threatening to quit work if we lost (especially after the Washington game).

GatorRade
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by GatorRade »

Well, I'm not a UH fan, but I thought I would throw myself in here, since I aspire to move to Hawaii in the next few years. Here goes:

Name: Chris
School's attended: Daytona Beach, FL Seabreeze High (97), University of Florida (01), University of California (07).
Affiliation to UH sports: My favorite team, the Gators, will be battling the Warriors this weekend. Also, UH seems to meet (and beat) UF's women's vball team late in the NCAA tourney with some regularity.
Sports: I was a wrestler in high school, but volleyball and basketball are my main sports.
Work: College biology instructor. If you hear of such a job in Hawaii, let me know!
Favorite quote: Frank Drebin, when accepting an award for 1,000th drug dealer killed: "Thank you, but in all honesty I backed over the last two with my car. Luckily, they turned out to be drug dealers."
Favorite UH sports moment: I'd have to say watching Colt Brennen turn his life around and rewrite the record books.

craighoops
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by craighoops »

Name:Craig.
Schools Attended:Kalani High School (Honolulu) 1980. University of Washington-Seattle, University of Hawaii-Mano'a, Indiana University-Bloomington. (Music)
Affiliation to UH Sports:Born and Raised in Honolulu/went to UH before transferring to INDIANA. Have ALWAYS LOVED UH Athletics and always will. They are truly "THE HOME TEAM"..the one and only. HUGE UH Football Fan primarily. Have followed INDIANA BASKETBALL since attending school there. Was a Senior in 1987 when Indiana won it's most Recent NCAA Basketball Title in New Orleans.
Sports in Hawaii: :-({|= Just Park Basketball and Football. Spent time in Music or at the Beach or (A.C.) Libraries as a Kid..never really made the time or commitment for Organized Sports but wish I did.
Work:Chef, for the last 22 years. Also a Musician (BASS) and am looking to get involved in Real Estate at some level down the Road.
Famous Quote:"..Come unto Me..All you that labor and are Heavy laden..and I shall give you rest..""....take my yoke upon you, and Learn of me...for I am meek and lowly of Heart..and You shall find Rest for your Souls..". "....For my yoke is Easy..and my burden is Light...". Matthew 11:28-30. Jesus the Christ.
Interests/Hobbies:LOVE to Write and would like to do it professionally..perhaps short stories and observations. Also love Music and am getting ready to re Gear up to get involved with Music and the Bass again/Music Ministry after a Hiatus. Am a Christian who is seeking God's Will on a specific Ministry assignment that will include Evangelism i'm sure. And of Course UH Athletics, Indiana University Athletics, Dallas Cowboys, NY Yankees and Chicago WS/Cubs.

craighoops
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by craighoops »

Name:Craig.
Schools Attended:Kalani High School (Honolulu) 1980. University of Washington-Seattle, University of Hawaii-Mano'a, Indiana University-Bloomington. (Music)
Affiliation to UH Sports:Born and Raised in Honolulu/went to UH before transferring to INDIANA. Have ALWAYS LOVED UH Athletics and always will. They are truly "THE HOME TEAM"..the one and only. HUGE UH Football Fan primarily. Have followed INDIANA BASKETBALL since attending school there. Was a Senior in 1987 when Indiana won it's most Recent NCAA Basketball Title in New Orleans.
Sports in Hawaii: :-({|= Just Park Basketball and Football. Spent time in Music or at the Beach or (A.C.) Libraries as a Kid..never really made the time or commitment for Organized Sports but wish I did.
Work:Chef, for the last 22 years. Also a Musician (BASS) and am looking to get involved in Real Estate at some level down the Road.
Famous Quote:"..Come unto Me..All you that labor and are Heavy laden..and I shall give you rest..""....take my yoke upon you, and Learn of me...for I am meek and lowly of Heart..and You shall find Rest for your Souls..". "....For my yoke is Easy..and my burden is Light...". Matthew 11:28-30. Jesus the Christ.
Interests/Hobbies:LOVE to Write and would like to do it professionally..perhaps short stories and observations. Also love Music and am getting ready to re Gear up to get involved with Music and the Bass again/Music Ministry after a Hiatus. Am a Christian who is seeking God's Will on a specific Ministry assignment that will include Evangelism i'm sure. And of Course UH Athletics, Indiana University Athletics, Dallas Cowboys, NY Yankees and Chicago WS/Cubs.

hawaiisashimi
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by hawaiisashimi »

I am hawaiisashimi.

I am fearless.

I am hawaiisashimi.

You cannot put me down.

I am the unbias one!

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

hawaiisashimi wrote:I am hawaiisashimi.

I am fearless.

I am hawaiisashimi.

You cannot put me down.

I am the unbias one!

OH, Brother............... :roll:

Were you raised by wolves by any chance?

OldBamaGuy
All-American
All-American

Post by OldBamaGuy »

wyokie wrote:

I am fearless.

I am hawaiisashimi.

You cannot put me down.

I am the unbias one!

Careful, Wyokie, you may end up on the PETA hit list as that could be construed as an insult to wolves... (BTW, was that an "unbias" comment?)
ROLL TIDE - GO WARRIORS - ALL BLACKS

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

OldBamaGuy wrote:
wyokie wrote:

I am fearless.

I am hawaiisashimi.

You cannot put me down.

I am the unbias one!

Careful, Wyokie, you may end up on the PETA hit list as that could be construed as an insult to wolves... (BTW, was that an "unbias" comment?)
No one from from Wyoming gives a flying leap about PETA!!!!!!!! And you can quote me on that!!!!!!!

shokee
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by shokee »

Name: Joseph
School's attended: Pearl City High (79)(I went to school with Dave Reardon :o ), LCC, School of Hard Knocks (j/k), CCAF.
Affiliation to UH sports: Life long UH fan!! GO WARRIORS!!
Sports: Casual observer
Work: Govt
Favorite quote: None
Favorite UH sports moment: When ever UH wins!! I'm a die hard fan!!
Last edited by shokee on Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shade
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Shade »

No one from from Wyoming gives a flying leap about PETA!!!!!!!! And you can quote me on that!!!!!!!
They give a flying leap about Jacobo, though.
UH Football is life,
Life is UH Football.
LIFE IS GREAT!

AlwaysUHinTX
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by AlwaysUHinTX »

Name:Ron aka "Debo"
Schools attended:Fern Elementary, Dole intermediate,Damien(82,83), North Torrance, CA(84,85), Hardin-Simmons University,TX.
Affiliation to UH sports:Lifelong fan forever.
Sports in HI:Football, basketball, martial arts.
Work:US gov't.
Famous quote:"Me love you long time, GI"
Hobbies:Playing racquetball competitively at the next level, computer hardware reviews, hang'in out with my wife, who is also a UH fan and loves coach JJ and Colt Brennan... but she went to UNT, lol :hello1: