Introduce yourself

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
WARSAPBOW
Starter
Starter

Post by WARSAPBOW »

Name: Steve & warsapbow.

Schools attended: Oceanside Sailors ('75), UD Flyers (’79), and USC Trojans via Hickam AFB.

Affiliation to UH Sports: The better half’s school & The Home Team.

Sports In Hawaii: Retired recreational Molokai Channel paddler & Honolulu Marathon runner. Staying conditioned the current goal.

Work: DoD federal service worker since Dayton college day.

Famous Quote: Tranquillo.

Hobbies: Dojo Spiritual Training, Sports & Family.
JJ Magical WarriOrs - WAC Champs
NASH era - HST & 5-9

Both screwed by herm

thanohano44
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: baseball aint a sport.
NBA: Suns
NFL: Raiders

Post by thanohano44 »

Name: Troy
Schools attended: Kapaa HI, St Louis HI, Eastern Arizona, Mesa Community College, (no worry, almost pau)Arizona State AND UH Manoa (not in this order)
Starting Masters soon.
Affiliation to UH Sports: Walked on in 98 and vomAPPLES told me if I redshirt this year, maybe I could start on special teams as a 5th year senior! so I went to the juco in AZ to play, only to get hurt every year. maybe vonApples was right?
Sports In Hawaii: Surfing, Rugby, Football, Track and Field, Crickett.
Work: Manager @ CitiFinancial Mortgage
Famous Quote: No success can compensate for failure in the home.
Hobbies: family, investing, church, school (what never heard of the 12 year plan?) and video games.

auloa
Starter
Starter

Post by auloa »

name: David

schools: Waialae Elem, Kaimuki Inter, Kalani ( before there was Kaiser), UH

special affiliation UH sports: When I lived away from Hawaii, esp in JPN for 14 yrs and missed all things from Hawaii.

Sports in HW: Coordinating transportation for my kids and friends between games

work: Financial Advsr

hobbies: Watching UH games over and over and over, esp the ones we win. Have evolved to skipping to the quarters when we either score 3 tds, or defense makes rocking plays, or the mailand espn announcers can't believe how good we got. I will never forget than guy saying that COwens won't run the kickoff back against BYU and CO runs it all the way again.

jaguars
All-conference
All-conference

Post by jaguars »

Name: GT

Schools attended: Aiea High ('99), UH ('04)

Affiliation to UH Sports: Went to UH basketball, volleyball, baseball and football games in elementary. I even went with my friends to all of the UH home games in their VonAppen winless season.

Sports In Hawaii: HS:baseball, currently: baseball, softball, golf with occasional basketball and racquetball.

Work: Electrical Engineer

Hobbies: Sports and more sports.

Nalo born now an ATLien
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Nalo born now an ATLien »

Name: Robert, Rob, "BOBBY", and sometimes when mom is mad "ROBERT KALAMA AHQUIN IV, eh-you, pssssttttt, and hui

Schools: Blanche Pope Elementary, Waimanalo Interm. Kailua High School grad 94, Troy State U, Kansas U..Rock Chalk Jayhawk Baby...didnt grad..yet

Affiliation to UH Sports: Always loved the BOWS, back when only W-VB was big. I remember Tee Martin and her sisters I think?

Sports in Hawaii: Mustang and Pony baseball league, no football too scared to get hit by other waimanalo boys, tried out for HS basketball, but was too short and crappy, too scared to play football waimanalo boys hit hard! too busy with damn AFJROTC, oh I wrestled, that was cool!

Work: US Army 8 years active straight out of HS, Mortgage Broker, Chef, Restaurant Manager, Bartender..now a Food and Beverage Manager for Crowne Plaza..ont hat note, anyone know of any positions open back home for Food and Beverage Managers?

Favorite Quote: Be good and if you cant be good?....be good at IT. Iw ould write the line from Cocktail on the last barman..but too long. TOo many quotes.

Hobbies: Cooking and eating..same time! beer, long board surfing, my ukulele, MMA, did I mention beer?

Nice to meet everyone here,a nd all the folks I met at the Bama game last year, can't wait till I get to see a home game this year! Chee-Hoo!
Robert (Bobby) Ahquin IV

" be good, if you can't be good, be good at IT!"

Drewster
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Drewster »

Name: Drewster
Schools: Mesa HS, AZ, UH B.A., Japanese language, Rutgers, MBA
Sports: Wrestling, I had two older brothers who pounded me when I was a little kid, which made me a good wrestler. Wreslted 8 years in Illinios. Other sports; Darts (you can get fat as hell, and still be an Olympian), Soccer, baseball.
UH Sports: None, but love dem Bows!
Work: Manager of Sales and Makreting Asia Pacific for a global manufactuer of pharmaceuticals. Based in Hawaii
Home: Kailua, HI
Hobbies: tailgating, travel to Asia, picking up Japanese chicks (although it upsets my wife), softball, fishing.
Favorite quote:"to ensure success, prepare for disaster" -Roman Army General

CaptainCool
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by CaptainCool »

Name: CaptainCool or C.A. Smitherman
Schools attended: Meadowview Christian School and The University of Alabama....Future student of Hawaii though.
Affiliation to UH Sports: fan since 2002
Work: Student and Free Loader
Famous Quote: "I will not lose"
Hobbies: video games, basketball, arguing politics and theology.
ImageImage

caliwarrior
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by caliwarrior »

Name: caliwarrior
Schools: Baldwin High, HMC, USC
Affiliation to UH sports: watched since hanabata days
Sports in Hawaii: swimming and diving
Work: Electrical Engineer
Hobbies: snowboarding

HK
All-conference
All-conference

Post by HK »

Name: Henry

Schools: Leilehua '83, UH '88, '03, '06

Affiliation to UH Sports: Watching almost any UH team on TV since I can remember. (The first basketball player I remember was Tom Henderson and the first football player I remember was Jeff Duva.)

Confession: I don't have season tickets to anything. I'm one of those pay-per-viewers that pays for the whole package, no questions asked. I also think they need to charge a lot more than they do.

Work: middle school science teacher

Hobbies: Watching UH sports, watching college and pro football, watching college basketball, playing basketball, playing ukulele, finding the perfect beer, and matchbook collecting.

normn
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by normn »

Name: normn

Schools: Leilehua, UH-Manoa (undergrad), Chaminade (MBA)

Affiliation to UH Sports: Football season ticketholder since '81. Like other diehards, endured the 0-12 season under Von Appen. Have followed basketball and baseball since intermediate school. (Remember taping the NIT game against St. Bonaventure on a reel to reel tape back in the early 70s.) Plan to buy season tickets for basketball, baseball, and w volleyball once my kids graduate from high school (and if I can afford it). Also worked in the academic services office of the athletic department for a few semesters while at UH. I'll always remember the day Kent Untermann came in the office after finding out what classes he had been registered for during his first semester in school. He demanded business classes and not the cruise ones most athletes were given. And, look at him now.

Sports in Hawaii: 3 years of varsity baseball; several years of AJA

Work: Manager at a local bank

Hobbies: Watching my son's baseball games and daughter's soccer matches; keeping score at the baseball games

objective_perspective
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by objective_perspective »

Name: Casey

Schools: Aiea, HPU

Affiliation to UH Sports: Attends UH football games ever since early 90's, went to pretty much every volleyball game in the 2005 season, missed only a couple of home baseball games this year.

Sports in Hawaii: HS baseball, couple years of college baseball, AJA, softball

Work: Loan officer

Hobbies: Watching college football, baseball, NFL, and UFC in that order

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

My name is Scott Ferguson
I moved here in 1989
I was born in Arkansas and raised there.
I follow the Razorbacks and root for them still as of today.
I'm a Warrior to. I attend as many football, and volleyball games as possible. My wife and I are season ticket holders for football our first time this year. My wife is a local girl from Pearl City. I brought her back home in 1989 and have since retired from the Coast Guard here. We live in Waipahu.
I work as a Cart Mechanic at one of the best golf courses in town.

That's about it for me for now. I hope to continue my experience learning as much as possible about the Warriors/Bows by visiting this forum and participating in the discussions.

Thank you for having me. Go Warriors. Go Bows. WhooooooPigSooooooooie!
Last edited by HawaiianHogster on Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maui_Warrior
All-American
All-American

Post by Maui_Warrior »

Name: Maui_Warrior
Schools attended: Lihikai School, Baldwin High School C/O 92
Affiliation to UH Sports: Was raised on UH Sports! It was a tradition in our house!
Sports In Hawaii: played soccer, baseball, football, basketball, volleyball. Now trying out mixed martial arts
Famous Quote: "Kikiloko! Get your brother out of da dish washer!"
Hobbies: Watching my son play sports. He's taking Judo now!

GoBows808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by GoBows808 »

Name: GoBows808
Schools attended: Iolani (Explains why I can barely speak pidgeon and am a smart okole), Colorado State (Was responsible for the break up of the WAC.)
Affiliation to UH Sports: Sometimes I sneak into Gym II and play basketball/volleyball does that count? Also a big time UH fan of any sport from football to waterpolo.
Sports In Hawaii: Work out at 24 Hour, Recreational volleyball, and basketball. Does Texas Hold'um count? Cause if it does I'm not going to list it cause I suck. Or do I?
Famous Quote: "There are very few diseases you can get from swallowing" My Friend (While we were surfing. After the sewage spill. You guys are sick)
Hobbies: I'm a pom pom fluffer on sportshawaii.com. YES!!!!

sponger76
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by sponger76 »

GoBows808 wrote:Name: GoBows808
Schools attended: Iolani (Explains why I can barely speak pidgeon and am a smart okole), Colorado State (Was responsible for the break up of the WAC.)
Affiliation to UH Sports: Sometimes I sneak into Gym II and play basketball/volleyball does that count? Also a big time UH fan of any sport from football to waterpolo.
Sports In Hawaii: Work out at 24 Hour, Recreational volleyball, and basketball. Does Texas Hold'um count? Cause if it does I'm not going to list it cause I suck. Or do I?
Famous Quote: "There are very few diseases you can get from swallowing" My Friend (While we were surfing. After the sewage spill. You guys are sick)
Hobbies: I'm a pom pom fluffer on sportshawaii.com. YES!!!!
Eh what year you grad from Iolani?