Does anyone have questions about Wyoming in general?

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: For those who live in Hawaii right now....

Post by My3Cats »

Had our bedroom a/c on for the past few nights as well. Only went a stretch of maybe one week where we did not use it and had a window open.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

BigWave96744

Re: For those who live in Hawaii right now....

Post by BigWave96744 »

We feel for you Poke. :( Some areas of Oahu hit high 50s in the early morning and caused folks to bust out their thermal undies and snowboard jackets :lol:

BigWave96744

Re: Does anyone have questions about Wyoming in general?

Post by BigWave96744 »

BTW I merge the last post into this one because there was some fun discussions about Wyoming and Wyokie :)

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

Thanks, BigWave.

At least, I'm not in Texas. That whole state, for all intents and purposes, is out of power. This storm caught the southern states like Oklahoma and Texas with their pants down. Neither state was prepared. Wyoming on the other hand..... :D :D :D

The blackout rollouts started yesterday. My place was without any power for one hour only today (Feb. 16) around 8 a.m. I had no problem with it since I was still in a nice and warm bed dreaming of Wyoming kicking Hawaii's butt again in 2021 like we did in 2020. Oh, BTW, our jackass OC left for Montana State to be their head coach. :D :D

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

Apparently Oklahoma is now a third world country. For the next three days at least, all water you get outta your taps (faucets) have to be boiled for drinking. Water mains are breaking due to weather. Officials are saying more water mains could end up breaking in the upcoming days due to the warmer weather coming.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

shrek2 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:23 pm Blazing Saddles part deux?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-f ... d=msedgntp
Somehow I'm not surprised. By the way, Albany County is where Laramie is. Which reminds me, I sure hope this year's contest is in November and in Laramie. Loved last year's game. :D :cowboy:

mkkboy83
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by mkkboy83 »

Does Kanye and Kim Kardashian still have their home in Wyoming?

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

mkkboy83 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:02 am Does Kanye and Kim Kardashian still have their home in Wyoming?
Considering they are getting a divorce (Gee, I wonder why? :roll: ), I have no idea. Their property is not far from my parents' hometown of Cody, Wyoming. The last time we were there (Oct. 2019), we saw the property. I wasn't impressed with it. Southfork Ranch in Plano, Texas was more impressive IMO. We saw the Cody property from the road since you can't go onto private property.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

wyokie wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:15 am
shrek2 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:23 pm Blazing Saddles part deux?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-f ... d=msedgntp
Somehow I'm not surprised. By the way, Albany County is where Laramie is. Which reminds me, I sure hope this year's contest is in November and in Laramie. Loved last year's game. :D :cowboy:
HEY, I got my wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

No questions but some observations. Wyoming was the 50th state on my father’s bucket list for seeing all 50 states. I was the child who said I will go on this journey with you.You should have seen his smile when we crossed the state line from Utah into Wyoming. It was the biggest,brightest,friendliest smile I had ever seen from him since one I had seen from him in high school in a picture of him from a Freemason meeting in Honolulu back in the sixties.We went up from Rock Springs north to Jackson Hole / Yellowstone.when we were leaving Yellowstone, in June just so you know, there was a possibility that we would get turned back into Jackson Hole because of icy roads... in June,OK. It did get dicey,plenty of sleet,but they didn’t close the road before we got out of the park and on the way to Cody. Then we went south towards Ten Sleep, Laramie, toCheyenne, then through SE WY into Nebraska which both of us had already been to.Yellowstone is tops for scenery. We got stopped for an hour on the main road through the park to let a buffalo herd cross the road.One of the shutterbugs got a little too close and the lead bull broke off from the rank and headed for the photog. Said photog immediately executed a perfect about face and headed back to his car. Smart move and the lead bull went back to leading the herd across the road. I thought the countryside from the park to Cody and then south along the Tetons was scenic as well.My lasting impression from Laramie to Cheyenne and then eastward was that there were Halliburton company cars parked along the side of the road about every 20 miles,ha ha!

Wyoming was all 50 states for my father. It was 49 for me. Alaska will be 50 for me. Love me some Wyoming,and all 50 for that matter.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

How did this thread get 22 pages long with over 300 replies? Could this possibly be the longest running/active thread in Sports Hawaii History?
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

Scott wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:26 pm How did this thread get 22 pages long with over 300 replies? Could this possibly be the longest running/active thread in Sports Hawaii History?
LOL Hey, I have NO problem with this thread. :D

Looking forward to the very last game of the 2021 regular season when Hawaii plays AT Wyoming. Can't wait to find what the weather will be like Laramie that day. LOL

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

If I were to go RVing in Wyoming for say a week, where are the must see places to visit besides the Old Faithful and Grand Tetons?

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

BigWave96744 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:25 pm If I were to go RVing in Wyoming for say a week, where are the must see places to visit besides the Old Faithful and Grand Tetons?
If you haven't already tried Wyoming cuisine, don't forget the Rocky Mountain Oysters.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.