Halloween playlist

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Halloween playlist

Post by unpaid »

Monster Mash…Bobby Pickett
Season of the Witch…Donovan
Spooky…Dennis Yost and the Classics IV
I Put A Spell on You/Bad Moon Rising…Creedence Clearwater Revival.

Black Magic Woman … Santana
Ghostbusters…Ray ParkerJr.
Thriller…Michael Jackson
She Wolf…Shakira
Werewolves of London…Warren Zevon
Order of Death…Public Image Ltd.
Dracula’s Wedding…OutKast
Phantom 309…Red Sovine
Hotel California/Witchy Woman…The Eagles
Toccata and Fugue in D minor…JS Bach
Lunatic Fringe...Red Rider

For a little Hawaii flavor,how about,

Pumpkin Pupule/Haunted Hale...TikiBeasts (instrumentals with weird screams and yelling mixed in.
Pleasant…dreams?
Last edited by unpaid on Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Halloween playlist

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

@unpaid:

You graduated Radford High in '69, right? Then you might remember this eerie one:

Laurie (Strange Things Happen)...Dickey Lee.
I think it came-out in '66 or thereabouts. My older cousin had the 45-rpm single. Used to give me goosebumps.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

HS Football Fanatic,

I recall hearing Laurie once or twice only. Spooky song although it never got high on the Top 40 charts back in the day. You just knew the boy was going to find his lost jacket on Laurie’s tombstone.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

@unpaid:

Yeah, my older cousin lived just two doors away. He always told me to come over on Saturdays, when he'd play 45-singles and LPs. He had quite a collection. He had this Sears Silvertone console stereo; it had mean bass and really good sound. Anyway, "Laurie" struck me as just as much sad as it was spooky. My cousin played that 45 pretty often back in '66, I think it was. I mean, a guy goes to a dance and falls in love with a girl there, he walks her home. She had borrowed his sweater, and only upon leaving did he realize he forgot to get it back. He heads back to her home, only to have her dad come to the door and tell him Laurie died a year ago. In addition to feeling kind of spooked, I always felt sorry for the girl. My impression is that she was probably young, only in high school, when she died. Dickey Lee's voice sounded like he himself was young, only in high school, though I think he was in his 30s when he recorded that tune. His voice sounded like he was just a high school kid.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Me and my brother had this little portable RCA record player. It looked like a tiny leather suitcase. Flip open the top and there was the turntable and arm,along with an extension cord to plug into a wall socket for electric power. It played 78 and 45 RPM records , basically “singles”. Records were plastic vinyl usually black. I Did have one Christmas 78 RPM record,Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer by Gene Autry that was pressed onto red plastic vinyl for that Yuletide color vibe.

The family had some albums, but they could only be played on the TVSet which could also play 33 and 1/3 RPM albums.
I still have an album my parents bought recorded byLiz Damon and theOrient Express “1900,Yesterday” . Don, t have a way to play it at home now. Have to go internet to find web recordings and hear it now. Still a classic to me.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

unpaid wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:05 pm Me and my brother had this little portable RCA record player. It looked like a tiny leather suitcase. Flip open the top and there was the turntable and arm,along with an extension cord to plug into a wall socket for electric power. It played 78 and 45 RPM records , basically “singles”. Records were plastic vinyl usually black. I Did have one Christmas 78 RPM record,Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer by Gene Autry that was pressed onto red plastic vinyl for that Yuletide color vibe.

The family had some albums, but they could only be played on the TVSet which could also play 33 and 1/3 RPM albums.
I still have an album my parents bought recorded byLiz Damon and theOrient Express “1900,Yesterday” . Don, t have a way to play it at home now. Have to go internet to find web recordings and hear it now. Still a classic to me.
@unpaid:

Oh, I remember "1900, Yesterday". That came-out in '70, I was in intermediate school by then. Though I never bought the album, a classmate of mine did. As I recall, it showed Damon in a yellow dress, with a dark background. She also had a song, "Me Japanese Boy"; think it came-out about the same time. It was somewhat popular, but not like "1900, Yesterday". She was really pretty in the album photo. I think she must have been hapa: Half-Japanese and half-Caucasian, local.

My older cousin's Sears Silvertone console stereo was the best-sounding record player I've ever heard. It could get real loud, the sound was so rich, and the bass was unreal.