Shoe, Ena, Irvin not retained

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Who would you like to see on Timmy's Staff?

Post by poidog »

uhwarriors wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:37 pm
poidog wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:48 pm
poidog wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:25 pm I would like coaches that will bring immediate recruiting value. Can Chris Brown bring some Bishop Gorman players with him? Who can give us quick access to Kahuku? Would Rod York want to join the staff and bring Mililani's best with him?
Called it.
Hope you're right on York too.
Looks like they don't have anyone assigned to coach defensive tackles yet, so there's still an opening for him. Unless he's gonna coach receivers!

gpmcconnell
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by gpmcconnell »

I’m very curious to see who the OC is, it is the most important hire. Great staff so far, Yoro is ready. Would love for Rod York to come onboard

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

This coaching staff will have to take the lumps and lickens in the beginning to figure it out the formula that Tomey and JJ. It might not be JJ level of excellence, but it still way better than Norm Chow and Todd Graham.

What I appreciate that this group of coaches understands and represent Hawaii pretty well, just like Rolo did when he assembled his staff. Remember Rolo had a tough start with Norm Chows hold overs and it took time to recruit and make small coaching changes before things got very fun to watch. Rolo started by running the Read Option/RPO offenses before Stutz took over and implemented the RnS/RPO. I see Timmy is going down the similar path as Rolo, which is smart!

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Hmm.. Looks like dline coach position left. I wonder who it could be? Tomorrow could be the day. Timmy has been busy this past week. So far I like the staff that he is putting together. A lot of nice surprises.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

RedZone wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:13 pm Hmm.. Looks like dline coach position left. I wonder who it could be? Tomorrow could be the day. Timmy has been busy this past week. So far I like the staff that he is putting together. A lot of nice surprises.
Remaining coaching positions to be filled are WR, DL & S.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

:- Timmy will be meeting with Chad Owens.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

BigWave96744 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:15 am :- Timmy will be meeting with Chad Owens.
This would be nice. Would be even nicer if they could find a way to get him another year of eligibility too!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Maybe "SOME" of these names from January 2022 needs to be given a phone call

Al from VA
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Al from VA »

BigWave96744 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:55 am Maybe "SOME" of these names from January 2022 needs to be given a phone call
Phone Call #1: AD Angelos/Coach TC to Corey Batoon as D/C

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

They need people that can recruit and develop, one of the things Chow used to stress. There was no replacement for Ilm Manning and Micah Vanterpool last year in the wings and nobody looks like a possibility for replacement. The OL is like a sieve which is probably why they had Solo in the backfield. They need someone who can recruit and develop aircraft carriers on the OL and someone who can recruit strength on the DL as well as length and speed at linebacker. Chow's staff and Rolo's staff looked like they could recruit the big boys (maybe it was Chris Naeole). Some JR Hensley or Dejon Allen as freshmen would be great but they're not there.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

shrek2 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:32 am They need people that can recruit and develop, one of the things Chow used to stress. There was no replacement for Ilm Manning and Micah Vanterpool last year in the wings and nobody looks like a possibility for replacement. The OL is like a sieve which is probably why they had Solo in the backfield. They need someone who can recruit and develop aircraft carriers on the OL and someone who can recruit strength on the DL as well as length and speed at linebacker. Chow's staff and Rolo's staff looked like they could recruit the big boys (maybe it was Chris Naeole). Some JR Hensley or Dejon Allen as freshmen would be great but they're not there.
Agree 100%! BTW just FYI that Brian Smith was the primary recruiter for the 3 OL starters (Ilm, Micah & Solo) mentioned.

UH Offense ranking #133 (dead last) in rushing offense & ranking #121 in sacks allowed while UH Defense ranking #118 in sacks exemplifies that TC really needs to objectively evaluate the job performance (including player evaluation & recruitment then development) for the current OL & DL position coaches. https://twitter.com/RobDeMelloKHON/status/1717040387263742052

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Estes is one of those who makes a return to the XFL, previously being the Roughnecks’ offensive line coach in 2020. For the first time in his career, Estes will be working with the backfield, but knows this offensive structure well. Having played under June Jones during his last two seasons at the University of Hawai’i (and another two after Jones left), he set a NCAA record for most consecutive starts with 54.

Estes would go on to sign with the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2010 as an undrafted free agent, spending three seasons with the team. Following brief stints with the Arizona Cardinals and Calgary Stampeders (CFL), Estes returned to his alma mater as a graduate assistant.

Fast forward a few years, and Estes would be back with his old college coach. In 2021, he was the offensive line coach for the Conquerors of The Spring League (TSL), where AJ Smith was the offensive coordinator. Now, the duo takes their experience back to the XFL.
https://xflnewshub.com/xfl-news/xfl-hou ... breakdown/

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

shrek2 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:32 am They need people that can recruit and develop, one of the things Chow used to stress. There was no replacement for Ilm Manning and Micah Vanterpool last year in the wings and nobody looks like a possibility for replacement. The OL is like a sieve which is probably why they had Solo in the backfield. They need someone who can recruit and develop aircraft carriers on the OL and someone who can recruit strength on the DL as well as length and speed at linebacker. Chow's staff and Rolo's staff looked like they could recruit the big boys (maybe it was Chris Naeole). Some JR Hensley or Dejon Allen as freshmen would be great but they're not there.
Agree also. This is why UH need to stay with Tim Chang a lot longer. Meaning. They went out and got some speed with the receivers. That was the focus last year as no one could catch anything. Now they need to beef up the O-Line. Ok, lets target these HS guys, and get them as Freshmens. Maybe some can play immediately, but some can't. So it will be a few more years. I like the idea of a coaches contract with the incentives. I kind of wish there would be a "non-termination" clause, or guarantee contract not in terms of pay, but in terms of time.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

I would like to see Ken Niumatalolo on the staff.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Jacob Yoro making a case for job retention last two weeks, especially last night with a show-stopping, triple option-stopping game plan and team execution.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.