Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
honu888
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: *** Official New HC Timmy Chang Thread ***

Post by honu888 »

Irse wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:19 pm Is he Timmy or Tim

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2022/01/ ... its-coach/
Lol it’s hard to say. They used both Tim and Timmy in the article. I’ll just go with Coach TC.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Irse wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:17 pm It will be interesting to see who are his assistants. I hope he goes with a couple older guys to help him with experience.
I suspect his staff will be a good blend of experience. Maybe guys like Dan Morrision and Brian Smith, if he's going to run the RNS. I'm sure there will be younger guys because that's what we can afford. Keeping guys like Eliminian and Yoro is a good start to help with the transition.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

Is there going to be a press conference to officially announce TC as HC and to hear what his plan is to rebuild this program?

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Eh. I will support the braddahood. Hope good things for coach but I won’t expect much.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Whateva
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Whateva »

ulua wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:02 pm Is there going to be a press conference to officially announce TC as HC and to hear what his plan is to rebuild this program?
No time for the press conference. Start recruiting hard .

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Better than Graham. Let's do it, Coach Chang.

HawaiiToNIU
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by HawaiiToNIU »

It's not Jones. But I always looked up to Chang as a kid. It's gonna be a tough road ahead, but he's got my full support.

travo66
Starter
Starter
MLB: None
NBA: Lakers

Post by travo66 »

Huge blunder on Matlin's part (or whoever is pulling the strings back there)

Lose-lose for UH and TC. TC does not have the experience to bring a program back from the shambles it's in right now. We lost all our star players, bad press, he doesn't have the connections JJ has to recruit new players. When TC's Warriors are losing 2-3 years in a row, everyone's gonna call for his head, then what's next for TC? His stock will be lower than ever.

Should've hired JJ, put TC as OC and let him develop into a HC.

I just can't understand...we had the perfect hire who was willing to forego a buyout clause AND has already said he'd do the job for FREE, not to mention the winningest coach in history. Even if JJ didn't do well, he's old enough that he'd probably just reitre and live happily ever after...now TC's gonna go from being a celebrated (at times) QB to a failure of a HC (although I really hope not). This blood is on Matlin's hands.
Bored in the offseason? Join Goal Line Blitz!

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

Good luck, coach! :hello1:

HawaiiToNIU
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by HawaiiToNIU »

Just listened to Coach Timmy's presser. Haven't gotten a chance to read the posts on here, but I am excited for the guy. I looked up to him as a kid, and him reminiscing had me feeling all of these same feelings. He's got the same passion as I or anyone who loves UH football has. I still think he may be inexperienced, but he might prove his doubters wrong in a few years. The Run N Shoot is back baby!

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

So Timmy gets 4years with a possible 5th. Go figure.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

it's coach chang. it would be awesome for his first hires to be jones, miano and stutzman. anyway, the bleeding is over, or at least bandaged. too bad we all know the terms that were offered to jones may be the same offered to chang as far as turning over control of the team, its budget and hires to matlin.

still, i will be in the stands cheering on the warriors as always.

warrioram
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
MLB: Seattle Mariners
NFL: Los Angeles Rams

Post by warrioram »

travo66 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:57 pm Huge blunder on Matlin's part (or whoever is pulling the strings back there)

Lose-lose for UH and TC. TC does not have the experience to bring a program back from the shambles it's in right now. We lost all our star players, bad press, he doesn't have the connections JJ has to recruit new players. When TC's Warriors are losing 2-3 years in a row, everyone's gonna call for his head, then what's next for TC? His stock will be lower than ever.

Should've hired JJ, put TC as OC and let him develop into a HC.

I just can't understand...we had the perfect hire who was willing to forego a buyout clause AND has already said he'd do the job for FREE, not to mention the winningest coach in history. Even if JJ didn't do well, he's old enough that he'd probably just reitre and live happily ever after...now TC's gonna go from being a celebrated (at times) QB to a failure of a HC (although I really hope not). This blood is on Matlin's hands.
I agree. Timmy was just a position coach. No where near enough experience to be a Head Coach. I’d would like to see JJ as head and TC as an assistant. Bring him up through the ranks. At least the run n shoot is back. Watch the recruits to see if they stick around. I have a gut feeling that this is the end of our Division 1 run.

Raudi
Starter
Starter

Post by Raudi »

I guess that means I'm not getting the job. :-({|=