Blangiardi getting into it

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Blangiardi getting into it

Post by Irse »

Honolulu Mayor Rick Blangiardi said it was a “major leadership failure on multiple levels” that University of Hawaii officials were not able to hire June Jones as the Rainbow Warriors’ next head football coach.
https://www.staradvertiser.com/2022/01/ ... art-of-uh/
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: Blangiardi getting into it

Post by shrek2 »

Blangiardi knows what all the UH loyalists are saying. They all know that everyone else is a big risk. I agree with your other post that Matlin had this planned. Maybe little man complex?

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

shrek2 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:50 pm Blangiardi knows what all the UH loyalists are saying. They all know that everyone else is a big risk. I agree with your other post that Matlin had this planned. Maybe little man complex?
Yep Napolean complex.
ImageImage

Shoko
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Shoko »

There a lack of trust between the two parties. How can you go into negotiations when the other automatically assumes you're going to negotiate in bad faith. That two-year deal was the enough for the meeting to go sideways and end in only 30 minutes. The meeting was over before it even began.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Irse wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:55 pm
shrek2 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:50 pm Blangiardi knows what all the UH loyalists are saying. They all know that everyone else is a big risk. I agree with your other post that Matlin had this planned. Maybe little man complex?
Yep Napolean complex.
Maybe that's why he's weak at verbal assertiveness. Looking at situations to be win-lose not win-win.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Shoko wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:57 pm There a lack of trust between the two parties. How can you go into negotiations when the other automatically assumes you're going to negotiate in bad faith. That two-year deal was the enough for the meeting to go sideways and end in only 30 minutes. The meeting was over before it even began.
What I can not understand is Jones said that if they gave him the 5 years that they could fire him at anytime. He wanted that 5 years to help him to bring in recruits. He said that they will want to know that their coach will be there for the time that they are there. Makes sense to me. New coach will need all the help he can get. Then they offer him 3. 🙄
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1: