Next candidate up

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Shoko
High-quality H20 provider

Re: Next candidate up

Post by Shoko »

Long time reader, first time poster here.

I'm thinking Chang will be chosen, although Smith is who I thought filled most of Matlin's boxes. They really need to up the assistant salary pool for the next hire. I'm pretty sure now that Nevada increased their salary pool to 2 million with their recent hire, UH is officially the lowest when it comes to paying it's assistants.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Shoko wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:14 am Long time reader, first time poster here.

I'm thinking Chang will be chosen, although Smith is who I thought filled most of Matlin's boxes. They really need to up the assistant salary pool for the next hire. I'm pretty sure now that Nevada increased their salary pool to 2 million with their recent hire, UH is officially the lowest when it comes to paying it's assistants.
I think that was Matlin's plan all along. Offer JJ an offer he would refuse and have TC's contract ready.
ImageImage

Shoko

Post by Shoko »

Irse wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:38 am
Shoko wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:14 am Long time reader, first time poster here.

I think that was Matlin's plan all along. Offer JJ an offer he would refuse and have TC's contract ready.
I think JJ was insulted by the two-year contract more then anything and I don’t blame him when you consider the industry standard is 5 years. The salaries is something they could have worked out. Maybe taking a lower salary and freeing up more for his assistants. If the plan was to make Chang the OC, I doubt he take’s anything less than what CSU is paying unless it comes with some kind of guarantees. I will admit this succession really complicates things.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Timmy Chang new head coach.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1: