Corey Batoon new Missouri DC

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
BigWave96744

Corey Batoon new Missouri DC

Post by BigWave96744 »

Batoon, a Saint Louis School graduate, was UH’s defensive coordinator for two seasons, and was named interim head coach when Rolovich departed at the end of the 2019 season. As defensive coordinator, Batoon helped Liberty to an 11-1 record in 2020, and then was part of South Alabama’s surge from the 112th-ranked defense in 2020 to 35th this past season. He said he is interested in the UH job.

In the meantime, Yoro is working to retain players who entered the portal. Quarterback Chevan Cordeiro, running back Dae Dae Hunter and defensive end Jonah Laulu already have started at new schools and would have difficulty transferring back to UH. Cornerback Cameron Lockridge appeared to transfer to South Alabama. But because he still has not enrolled at South Alabama, he technically is still considered a Warrior.
https://www.staradvertiser.com/2022/01/ ... -football/

BigWave96744

Re: Corey Batoon as a candidate

Post by BigWave96744 »

Listening to this again made me think that Batoon reminds me of s Dave Aranda kind of coach

Link

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Corey Batoon as a candidate?

Post by RedZone »

I like Batoon.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

He'll be a very intriguing one. Not sure he would get the fan base all excited but I would like him better than some of the other names out there like Chang, Miano or the BYU coaches.
ImageImage

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

BigWave96744 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:51 pm

In the meantime, Yoro is working to retain players who entered the portal. Quarterback Chevan Cordeiro, running back Dae Dae Hunter and defensive end Jonah Laulu already have started at new schools and would have difficulty transferring back to UH. Cornerback Cameron Lockridge appeared to transfer to South Alabama. But because he still has not enrolled at South Alabama, he technically is still considered a Warrior.
[/quote]

This is actually bad news. They left. We don't want to treat them like kids throwing a tantrum because they didn't get their way.

What if the new HC wants to install a new offense, a new defense, or what if these guys are really not that good?

What if Batoon does not host a BBQ? What if Batoon raised his voice at practice? What if Batton made them run an extra lap because they were not focused?

This TG saga goes both ways. The bad apples are gone. Give the new HC a chance and not deal with the same BS.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

cabanalane wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:49 am
BigWave96744 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:51 pm

This is actually bad news. They left. We don't want to treat them like kids throwing a tantrum because they didn't get their way.

What if the new HC wants to install a new offense, a new defense, or what if these guys are really not that good?

What if Batoon does not host a BBQ? What if Batoon raised his voice at practice? What if Batton made them run an extra lap because they were not focused?

This TG saga goes both ways. The bad apples are gone. Give the new HC a chance and not deal with the same BS.
[/quote]
Lockridge is good.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

Just FYI that Lockridge isn't going to South Alabama....but instead recently committed to Fresno State.
kapakahi wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:16 pm Don't count on Lockridge being back for UH....

https://247sports.com/college/hawaii/Ar ... 180872128/ https://twitter.com/WSN_247Sports/status/1483305906704052224 https://twitter.com/BarkBoard/status/1483296561643720705 https://twitter.com/cambino5/status/1483129707134701577

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Corey Batoon has a sharp defensive mind, is experienced and is good communicator. He's a personable but demanding coach who players like playing for. He is also from Hawaii, went to St. Louis HS and was the DC for UH for two years. If he is a candidate, he's a good one. I like Batoon, although I don't think he's in the running.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

He sounds like a good guy, good coach, etc. Look at the jobs of head coaches and how it end up panning out. Sometimes being the Assistant is the better job.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Missouri football hires Corey Batoon as Tigers’ new defensive coordinator
Kansas City Star
Sat, January 27, 2024 at 1:00 PM HST

Missouri football has a new defensive coordinator.
Tigers head coach Eliah Drinkwitz announced on Saturday that Missouri has hired Corey Batoon for the job.

BigWave96744

Re: Corey Batoon new Missouri DC

Post by BigWave96744 »

According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Batoon will earn $1 million per year as part of his three-year deal that he recently signed.

Batoon made $292,000 annually at South Alabama,
https://footballscoop.com/news/corey-ba ... o-missouri

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Good deal for Batoon. I thought that he did the best job that he could, given the talent we had at UH. I recall that there were posters who wanted him fired. Now he's making more than the UH head coach with a guaranteed $3 million (per the article).
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

This is a win-win-win all the way around. Rolo took the Wyoming DC over to Wazzu who took over for Rolo after his departure. Although people were moaning and groaning about Corey should have been HC when Rolo departed and having to leave the islands when Graham took over. So, he found a good opportunity and now is in big time football. Make the islands proud.