June Jones declines University of Hawaii football coaching job. Possible investigation?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Re: June Jones declines University of Hawaii football coaching job

Post by Makana »

gpmcconnell wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:04 pm June Jones is a total disgrace. I have been getting dragged all week for being against him but today he really shows his true colors. What an ego this guy has on him. How unprofessional can someone be to go to Twitter with his grievances? I’m so sick of everyone acting like he a Nick Saban.

Do you people remember when he tried to hire Art Briles as OC 2 years ago to his CFL team? Maybe the AD is right to want to have say over his hires.
Well I mean lemme know when another coach guides UH to another BCS game. Until then, Jones is the best man for the job.
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Whateva
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Whateva »

I'll take the 2 year contract I'll run a no huddle madden uptrmpo offense. And on defense I'll blitz almost every down. And go for it on every 4th down.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

gpmcconnell wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:04 pm June Jones is a total disgrace. I have been getting dragged all week for being against him but today he really shows his true colors. What an ego this guy has on him. How unprofessional can someone be to go to Twitter with his grievances? I’m so sick of everyone acting like he a Nick Saban.

Do you people remember when he tried to hire Art Briles as OC 2 years ago to his CFL team? Maybe the AD is right to want to have say over his hires.
Yeah I don't like how this has played out on in the media and social media with JJ giving interviews, granted the reporters are the ones asking him questions, and him responding on twitter. It's manipulating the fanbase and their expectations and hijacking the hiring process.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

He will be on the news tonight explaining why he turned down the offer. People want to know. I want to know.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

All he wanted was 5 year deal where they could fire him any time. And he wanted to hire his own people. I think Matlin already has someone he wants in his own mind. Kinda like how he was when he hired Graham.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

There you go again. "I have been getting dragged all week." Brah, I was the only one to call you out. Along with the hater tag, I'm going to go out and say...drama queen. You have your opinion. Which based upon your repeated anti-JJ rants, is one purely based upon personal hatred for the man. Nick Saban? You are the only one to use that reference. Yet when called out, you are the first to say..."I'm the biggest UH fan on the east coast." Brah, that is comedy. Twitter and social media is the new normal if you neva get the memo. We live in the age of information and everything is available for folks to see. In the same spirit of Alabama loving Nick Saban and Florida State loving Bobby Bowden, June Jones is the greatest coach UH ever saw. If you cannot see how much he has meant to plenty UH fans, then my theory is spot on. You are simply a hater. Give it a rest. Your rants are bafoonish at best.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

It's third and 23. LIke Bo Graham, Dave Matlin calls a running play up the middle. STUFFED for a loss of 3. Why would he call such a play? Because he is officially the AD donkey of the century. With all that is on the line with this broken UH program, he chooses to insult the only coach who would bring instant healing to the program. And in turn, he insulted legions of fans. I think he just sealed his own faith. Bye bye Dave Matlin. GTFOH.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

Egonator
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Brewers/Rays
NBA: Jazz/Timberwolves
NFL: Vikings/Bills

Post by Egonator »

I can understand why Matlin offered Jones only a two year contract but what I don't get is Matlin's control over June Jones assistants. Does he not trust June Jones to hire the right people or is he offended by someone within June Jones' inner circle.

I really hope they don't hire the guy Johnny Nansen. Until this year the guy never held a defensive/offensive coordinator position in college.

Egonator
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Brewers/Rays
NBA: Jazz/Timberwolves
NFL: Vikings/Bills

Post by Egonator »

bigislandkurt wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:12 pm

There you go again. "I have been getting dragged all week." Brah, I was the only one to call you out. Along with the hater tag, I'm going to go out and say...drama queen. You have your opinion. Which based upon your repeated anti-JJ rants, is one purely based upon personal hatred for the man. Nick Saban? You are the only one to use that reference. Yet when called out, you are the first to say..."I'm the biggest UH fan on the east coast." Brah, that is comedy. Twitter and social media is the new normal if you neva get the memo. We live in the age of information and everything is available for folks to see. In the same spirit of Alabama loving Nick Saban and Florida State loving Bobby Bowden, June Jones is the greatest coach UH ever saw. If you cannot see how much he has meant to plenty UH fans, then my theory is spot on. You are simply a hater. Give it a rest. Your rants are bafoonish at best.
As someone who used to work in the football office I can tell you first hand that the stories about June Jones was 80% negative despite his success. That being said, June Jones DID turn around this program and made it relevant. Personally he is one of my favorite coaches and he made football fun for everyone during that time, but within the office, they tend to scorn at some of his antics and yes you're not the first person to use the words "total disgrace," when it comes to JJ.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Link

Link

Jones will be the next coach...but on what terms.

Link

What a shameful commentary by a Hawaii admin puppet. Dude at the end calls coach TG an AARP hire. Sorry, Coach does not qualify for retirement just yet. Hello, what the heck would you call a JJ hire? I love JJ, but he does qualify for AARP. What a shame for the program...dissing the former coach...who graciously opted out of his contractually obligated pay-out.

An awesome former coach at Hawaii ,who would definitely qualify for AARP, will replace a non-AARP coach. I would've backed the legend on the way out...and I'll support the returning legend.

Demonizing the former coach is stupid.

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

Here is huge problem that Matlin and the UH administration have, after this bad faith offer to the majority of the Fans/Boosters/Media/Former Hawaii Football players #1 choice to rebuild the Hawaii Football Program back to a sustainable legacy in June Jones.

If they decide to move on and hire someone else besides June Jones, that person will know they are not even the #1 choice of the majority of the Fans/Boosters/Media/Former Hawaii Football players and will be under extreme scrutiny and a lame duck hire.

Matlin and the UH Administration can try to spin it however they want, but just look at President Biden is doing in the polls when the majority of the media and your fans/Party turn on you and start to put so much distance between you, that they might as well be walking away.

You lose the majority of the fans/media/boosters/potential recruits/former and current Hawaii Football players support, might as well put the death nail in a Hawaii Football program that is already hurting.

The minority of the fans/media/boosters/potential recruits/former and current Hawaii Football players will say they will support the Hawaii Football Program no matter who gets hired (even said that with Todd Graham and Bo Graham), while the majority will just start to sit out and become a silent non-contributing monetarily/interest to the rebuild of the Hawaii Football Program.

Losing the momentum and excitement of hiring June Jones because of big ego or whatever the unfounded reason could set back Hawaii Football as I stated above. Just some food for thought?

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

WarriorTyme wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:46 am Here is huge problem that Matlin and the UH administration have, after this bad faith offer to the majority of the Fans/Boosters/Media/Former Hawaii Football players #1 choice to rebuild the Hawaii Football Program back to a sustainable legacy in June Jones.

If they decide to move on and hire someone else besides June Jones, that person will know they are not even the #1 choice of the majority of the Fans/Boosters/Media/Former Hawaii Football players and will be under extreme scrutiny and a lame duck hire.

Matlin and the UH Administration can try to spin it however they want, but just look at President Biden is doing in the polls when the majority of the media and your fans/Party turn on you and start to put so much distance between you, that they might as well be walking away.

You lose the majority of the fans/media/boosters/potential recruits/former and current Hawaii Football players support, might as well put the death nail in a Hawaii Football program that is already hurting.

The minority of the fans/media/boosters/potential recruits/former and current Hawaii Football players will say they will support the Hawaii Football Program no matter who gets hired (even said that with Todd Graham and Bo Graham), while the majority will just start to sit out and become a silent non-contributing monetarily/interest to the rebuild of the Hawaii Football Program.

Losing the momentum and excitement of hiring June Jones because of big ego or whatever the unfounded reason could set back Hawaii Football as I stated above. Just some food for thought?
June Jones will return as head coach. I don't understand anything else you spouted. Try cleaning up your message. (I know this is an FU for the grammar nazi's) JJ left to make more money, and did that, but...he didn't deliver. He made money, but it didn't amount to anything. I hope he can achieve redemption.

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

SundayJam wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:03 am
WarriorTyme wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:46 am Here is huge problem that Matlin and the UH administration have, after this bad faith offer to the majority of the Fans/Boosters/Media/Former Hawaii Football players #1 choice to rebuild the Hawaii Football Program back to a sustainable legacy in June Jones.

June Jones will return as head coach. I don't understand anything else you spouted. Try cleaning up your message. (I know this is an FU for the grammar nazi's) JJ left to make more money, and did that, but...he didn't deliver. He made money, but it didn't amount to anything. I hope he can achieve redemption.

Sunday you really got to let it go?

This is a blog not grammar class?! I know you can read and comprehend what was said. I understand, you're just still holding a grudge and being petty with me even since the McMackin firing, and you're still hurt that June Jones left back in 2007. Remember the movie Frozen? Let it go, Let it go!!

I'm glad you reluctantly want June Jones back as head coach, maybe you are finally at "let it go" stage.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

WarriorTyme wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:41 am

This is a blog not grammar class?! I know you can read and comprehend what was said. I understand, you're just still holding a grudge and being petty with me even since the McMackin firing, and you're still hurt that June Jones left back in 2007. Remember the movie Frozen? Let it go, Let it go!!

I'm glad you reluctantly want June Jones back as head coach, maybe you are finally at "let it go" stage.
Don’t mention that awful, overrated movie Frozen with its dull songs. And people should lose their bank accounts, homes, and jobs if they sing “Let It Go” in public randomly.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

gopunahou wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:12 am
WarriorTyme wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:41 am

Don’t mention that awful, overrated movie Frozen with its dull songs. And people should lose their bank accounts, homes, and jobs if they sing “Let It Go” in public randomly.
But I will mention:
Thank you Matlin for turning Hawaii Football into a national clown show.

https://mwwire.com/2022/01/21/things-ar ... ead-coach/