All-American

Graham resigns

Post by 808 »

honu888
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: Graham resigns

Post by honu888 »

Bad timing but I think that was the smart thing for Graham to do. Is it to late in the game to search for a new HC with signing day just about a month away? Or will they hire someone currently on staff as interim just to keep the ball rolling and hopefully keep the current verbal commits interested.

gpmcconnell
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by gpmcconnell »

My vote is for a Timmy Chang or Adrian Klemm. If it’s Miano I will stop being and fan and will never donate again

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

The hopes of many fans have been answered. The problem is the damage has been done. With our best players leaving coupled with graduation, it's a total rebuild for the next coach, a total rebuild.
uhwarriors wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:32 pm https://twitter.com/HawaiiFootball/status/1482215366344511494 https://www.staradvertiser.com/2022/01/ ... all-coach/
Todd Graham has resigned as the University of Hawaii football team’s head coach.

Graham had been embroiled in controversy since December, when several players spoke out about the difficult environment fostered under his leadership.

Graham, who was hired in January 2020 as successor to Nick Rolovich, was 11-11 in two seasons as UH head coach.

“I am grateful to have had the opportunity to serve as the Head Football Coach at the University of Hawai‘i for the past two seasons,” Graham said in a statement. “After much prayer and reflection with my family, I have come to the conclusion that I will step away as head coach of the Rainbow Warriors, with a very heavy heart. I want to give my thanks and appreciation to the players, staff and coaches who persevered through all the challenges of 2020 and 2021. It wasn’t easy, but they all fought the good fight and we did things the right way.”

Graham had just completed the second year of a five-year contract.

“Todd informed me of his decision to resign,” said UH Athletics Director David Matlin in a statement. “We enjoyed many successes under his leadership even as he faced pandemic conditions, the withdrawal of Aloha Stadium, and the prohibition of any fans for nearly all his time with us. Todd’s tireless efforts as a coach have made a positive impact on many student-athletes. We have talked at length, and it is clear he has taken this action so that the football program can thrive moving forward.”

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

ImageImage

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

This evening, UH is posting the job opening on its website. Assistant Jaocb Yoro has been named interim head coach.
https://www.staradvertiser.com/

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

Oh no! Did he enter the transfer portal too?

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

ImageImage

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Lol reading the Hawaii fan twitter brigade. They wanted, pretty much led the fire Graham movement, got their wish. Yet they have no idea who they would want to hire, who we can afford, what we are able to offer, who would want the Hawaii job with all the mess surrounding it. These guys no foresight only blood.

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

Lol. You guys are so funny. Or maybe it’s just me laughing when I should be worried about the future of UH football
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

EITSwarrior wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:22 pm Lol reading the Hawaii fan twitter brigade. They wanted, pretty much led the fire Graham movement, got their wish. Yet they have no idea who they would want to hire, who we can afford, what we are able to offer, who would want the Hawaii job with all the mess surrounding it. These guys no foresight only blood.
That being said relieved the Graham situation is put to bed. Neither he or Hawaii was a great fit for each other made much harder cause COVID and the stadium fiasco. And neither he, the players and the fans could adapt to each other. Hope something good can come from this mess.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

who would come to hawaii to coach and be one of the lowest paid coaches in d1 football? someone who knows and loves the game, can motivate players and will work for one of the lowest salaries in mountain west football?

jones, passe. miano, head coach, really? timmy chang, still five years away from being a head coach. lee brothers, already went through that. available coaches like chris pederson, 146-38 career wins, are just too expensive for hawaii's penny pinching bean counters.

i suggest someone controversial, maybe it's too soon, but who knows. he was thrown under the bus in the nfl, so he might agree to work cheap as a community service thing to redeem his public image. he still has nfl connections to get players an nfl look, just as jones had. he has the smarts, head coach experience and would be motivated to work with the team to get them better, as it would polish up his own image. he is a decade away from earning his way back to anything connected with the nfl, so he might stick around for at least six or seven years. now would be a good time to make an offer. he's in the basement of football and would be a bargain for hawaii. jon gruden.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

wow, didn't see this coming

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

Who were the finalists when TG was hired? I believe that there will be no shortage of applicants who will relish the opportunity, much like the transfer portal is full of student athletes. However, with the killer schedule next year and limited depth at this point, it will be a huge challenge for whoever becomes the new head coach.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

st808 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:31 pm who would come to hawaii to coach and be one of the lowest paid coaches in d1 football? someone who knows and loves the game, can motivate players and will work for one of the lowest salaries in mountain west football?

jones, passe. miano, head coach, really? timmy chang, still five years away from being a head coach. lee brothers, already went through that. available coaches like chris pederson, 146-38 career wins, are just too expensive for hawaii's penny pinching bean counters.

i suggest someone controversial, maybe it's too soon, but who knows. he was thrown under the bus in the nfl, so he might agree to work cheap as a community service thing to redeem his public image. he still has nfl connections to get players an nfl look, just as jones had. he has the smarts, head coach experience and would be motivated to work with the team to get them better, as it would polish up his own image. he is a decade away from earning his way back to anything connected with the nfl, so he might stick around for at least six or seven years. now would be a good time to make an offer. he's in the basement of football and would be a bargain for hawaii. jon gruden.
LOL if we already didn't have enough players transfer out cause they couldn't handle a tough hard nosed foul mouth mainlander.