Graham resigns

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: Graham resigns

Post by st808 »

EITSwarrior wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:18 pm
LOL if we already didn't have enough players transfer out cause they couldn't handle a tough hard nosed foul mouth mainlander.
[/quote]

none of gruden's former or current players complained about him being a"tough hard nosed foul mouth". most of his current players said they realized that the email leaked was more than ten or eleven years old and that people change. his current players say gruden is not racist. none of his former players have said anything derogatory about gruden either.

graham's current players complained, some transferred. just an insightful difference between the coaching styles of graham and gruden.

it's important to realize that it wasn't his players or his team that smeared gruden as being racist. it was a calculated tactic by the washington redskins to release gruden's email to distract the public's attention away from the redskin's controversial use of the name "redskins" and the fact that washington's upper management were trading nude photos of cheerleaders surreptitiously taken while they were changing outfits during a calendar shoot. note that washington redskins management has not addressed the nude photo swaps or released any of their own emails discussing the union leaders.

i see gruden as sincerely shamed by the release of the email, yet, supported by his current and former players who say gruden is not racist. i see gruden as willing to redeem himself and as such he might be open to coaching at hawaii.

i see gruden as possibly willing to work for pennies at hawaii, improving hawaii football and rehabilitating his own image at the same time. i also see him staying at hawaii for several years and not using hawaii as a stepping stone as there is nowhere for him to go right now.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

I would give a call to Paul Peterson and hope he brings his new OC with him.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

Just before Grahams resignation was made public,
Bethley announced he is coming back for his last year. I’m curious if Grahams decision to step down played a role in Bethley’s decision? Or maybe just a coincidence his announcement was made just prior?

Regardless I’m happy he is returning, we going to need leaders to help with the rebuild.
Bethley announced his return on his personal social media accounts.
https://www.khon2.com/sports/hawaii-fo ... eason/amp/

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

wonder what effect graham's leaving can have on players who entered the portal and signed with another school. can they use the graham resignation as a vehicle to rescind their portal landing?

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

st808 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:40 pm
EITSwarrior wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:18 pm
LOL if we already didn't have enough players transfer out cause they couldn't handle a tough hard nosed foul mouth mainlander.
none of gruden's former or current players complained about him being a"tough hard nosed foul mouth". most of his current players said they realized that the email leaked was more than ten or eleven years old and that people change. his current players say gruden is not racist. none of his former players have said anything derogatory about gruden either.

graham's current players complained, some transferred. just an insightful difference between the coaching styles of graham and gruden.

it's important to realize that it wasn't his players or his team that smeared gruden as being racist. it was a calculated tactic by the washington redskins to release gruden's email to distract the public's attention away from the redskin's controversial use of the name "redskins" and the fact that washington's upper management were trading nude photos of cheerleaders surreptitiously taken while they were changing outfits during a calendar shoot. note that washington redskins management has not addressed the nude photo swaps or released any of their own emails discussing the union leaders.

i see gruden as sincerely shamed by the release of the email, yet, supported by his current and former players who say gruden is not racist. i see gruden as willing to redeem himself and as such he might be open to coaching at hawaii.

i see gruden as possibly willing to work for pennies at hawaii, improving hawaii football and rehabilitating his own image at the same time. i also see him staying at hawaii for several years and not using hawaii as a stepping stone as there is nowhere for him to go right now.
[/quote]

I’m not talking about Grudens players or the how and why Gruden was fired. I don’t care. I was just making a joke about our players leaving cause Graham was too old school and incompatibilitie, allegedly, with the locals. And how Gruden is pretty much a copy of Graham in some ways.

Also NFL players aren’t gonna complain, they have contracts and players union.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Bruh how u mess up the quotes?

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

EITSwarrior wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:22 pm Bruh how u mess up the quotes?
comes easy for me. like walking barefoot on ice.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

LOL..Gruden quit on a $100 million contract. He is a Superbowl champ and a beloved sportscaster. Why would he come to Hawaii? What, do you think he wants to find another Mariota or Carr here?

For me, this is a disaster of epic proportions. The poor guy got railroaded based on hearsay. He had to build a new team, after a ridiculously soft and love-able former player/coach, under poor program conditions. It's hard to bond with a new team playing an awful schedule without fan support and social distancing.

Beating a couple of top 25 teams in Houston and Fresno St.--and the road win at Wyoming---were the highlights of his team. I know, I know...Houston was not a top 25 team in 2020, but essentially the same team was in 2021. Defense is what coach is known for--and the defense was incredible these past two years.

Coach resigned because the practice team and fans made coaching here no fun. He resigned because he didn't want to...or need to...be bought out of his contract. Thank you coach Graham for giving your best under crappy conditions. Aloha no ka ko!

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

ulua wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:14 pm Just before Grahams resignation was made public,
Bethley announced he is coming back for his last year. I’m curious if Grahams decision to step down played a role in Bethley’s decision? Or maybe just a coincidence his announcement was made just prior?

Regardless I’m happy he is returning, we going to need leaders to help with the rebuild.
Bethley deleted his tweet about returning to UH for another season following the announcement of Graham's resignation....so his return to UH is possibly now in doubt.

vailima
All-conference
All-conference

Post by vailima »

Thank you coach Graham, good man, good coach, not everyone believes that weasel Miano and his pee ons and those idiot senators.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Duane Akina or Keith Uperesa ,should they apply for the HC job,would be good options.I wonder how much gas JJ has left in the tank.

gpmcconnell
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by gpmcconnell »

vailima wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:17 am Thank you coach Graham, good man, good coach, not everyone believes that weasel Miano and his pee ons and those idiot senators.

Graham definitely got a raw deal. The politicians in Hawaii are all despicable. Ige should be in jail for not allowing fans this season

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

kapakahi wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:47 am
ulua wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:14 pm Just before Grahams resignation was made public,

Bethley deleted his tweet about returning to UH for another season following the announcement of Graham's resignation....so his return to UH is possibly now in doubt.
Thanks Kapakahi for the update on Bethley

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

gpmcconnell wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:54 am
vailima wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:17 am Thank you coach Graham, good man, good coach, not everyone believes that weasel Miano and his pee ons and those idiot senators.

Graham definitely got a raw deal. The politicians in Hawaii are all despicable. Ige should be in jail for not allowing fans this season
Agree coach had a huge mountain to climb with very little help. I really thought that he would be back this season. Matlin did say that they were addressing the problems. I thought that we were second chance U. But I guess the attacks against his family played a huge role in his decision.

Yes thank you coach Graham for trying to improve our University of Hawaii Football program. I think his heart was in the right place. These days there are a lot of people who can’t handle the coaches with a large potty mouth. I was in the Army so I guess it doesn’t bother me as much.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

:dubthum: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Happy dance!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.