Graham blames transfer portal

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Graham blames transfer portal

Post by SundayJam »

Irse wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:16 pm https://www.mwcconnection.com/2021/8/21 ... nt-tracker

I looked at the CSU game notes vs Hawaii. They lose 2 starters and 2 2nd team guys. So 4 in the two deep. How many have we lost? 7 starters (1 1st team all MWC) and 1 backup. Numbers don't tell the whole story. Like you said, we'll have to disagree on this one
I looked again and it seems 1/2 the Nevada team transferred in to CSU. So I'd say the worst off team appears to be the Wolf Pack. Air Force also lost quite abit.

uhwarriors commented about a coaching change...The outgoing players were ALL Rolovich recruits. [-X Covid lockdowns, stadium changes, crappy broadcasting have led us to this. The transfer portal makes it easier to change things up. It looks like Cordiero is at a quarterback school where he belongs. Good luck to Tavai and Muasau. Let's move forward.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

SundayJam wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:18 pm
Irse wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:16 pm https://www.mwcconnection.com/2021/8/21 ... nt-tracker

I looked at the CSU game notes vs Hawaii. They lose 2 starters and 2 2nd team guys. So 4 in the two deep. How many have we lost? 7 starters (1 1st team all MWC) and 1 backup. Numbers don't tell the whole story. Like you said, we'll have to disagree on this one
I looked again and it seems 1/2 the Nevada team transferred in to CSU. So I'd say the worst off team appears to be the Wolf Pack. Air Force also lost quite abit.

uhwarriors commented about a coaching change...The outgoing players were ALL Rolovich recruits. [-X Covid lockdowns, stadium changes, crappy broadcasting have led us to this. The transfer portal makes it easier to change things up. It looks like Cordiero is at a quarterback school where he belongs. Good luck to Tavai and Muasau. Let's move forward.
Not true. Edwards, Lockridge, McKinney, Baker were all Graham's recruits. Plus Hunter had to be re-recruited by Graham since he was not an early signee under Rolo.
ImageImage

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

People can blame whoever on why the team is losing players. But I think you have to consider that maybe the players wanna play where they know fans will be in the stadiums.
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Egonator
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Brewers/Rays
NBA: Jazz/Timberwolves
NFL: Vikings/Bills

Post by Egonator »

I’m going to get hate for this but having a stadium at campus will prove to be the downfall of the program. The players want to play in front of a big audience and they never got that this year nor will they get in the near future playing at TC Ching field. On top of it most of them are Rolos players and never signed up to be part of Graham’s team nor signed up to play at TC Ching field.

The athletic department in general has forgotten about its fans and how Hawaii operates. I bet most of us on this site would do a better job at running the program than these buffoons.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Irse wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:26 pm
Not true. Edwards, Lockridge, McKinney, Baker were all Graham's recruits. Plus Hunter had to be re-recruited by Graham since he was not an early signee under Rolo.
Of the mentioned players, only Lockridge is listed as electing for the transfer portal. It looks like they were all transfers in to the Hawaii program. They gave it a try and didn't like the results, so they moved on. McKinney spent 4 years on the Oklahoma Sooners roster with little playing time. There are just too many question marks here for me to draw any conclusion. We live in a new age.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Egonator wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:07 pm I’m going to get hate for this but having a stadium at campus will prove to be the downfall of the program. The players want to play in front of a big audience and they never got that this year nor will they get in the near future playing at TC Ching field. On top of it most of them are Rolos players and never signed up to be part of Graham’s team nor signed up to play at TC Ching field.

The athletic department in general has forgotten about its fans and how Hawaii operates. I bet most of us on this site would do a better job at running the program than these buffoons.
You think too highly of some of us.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

SundayJam wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:52 pm
Irse wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:26 pm
Of the mentioned players, only Lockridge is listed as electing for the transfer portal. It looks like they were all transfers in to the Hawaii program. They gave it a try and didn't like the results, so they moved on. McKinney spent 4 years on the Oklahoma Sooners roster with little playing time. There are just too many question marks here for me to draw any conclusion. We live in a new age.
https://twitter.com/tru_kenu16/status/1457825052649353217 https://twitter.com/RivalsPortal/status/1476324896389144577

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

McKinney and Edwards are mercs...stop-gap-fills. I wish them well in trying to find playing time in the NCAAF. Aloha. Aloha is both goodbye and love to you.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

uhwarriors wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:05 pm
Irse wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:16 pm
SundayJam wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:02 pm https://www.mwcconnection.com/2021/8/21 ... nt-tracker

Hawaii does not lead the MWC in transfer players. There is a world of difference between TG and Rolovich's style. TG will never fit that mold. It doesn't mean he's incapable of establishing a team culture. It just doesn't jive with Rolo's player/coach culture. Anyway, I know you to be a true Warrior fan. We'll just have to disagree on this one.
The big difference between CSU and UH is that CSU had a coaching change. UH has the same coach.
True but then a lot of the transfer players came in when Rolo was here so they got to experience both programs. Still I think it is an individual thing and that I know I may never know their reason for transfering unless I get to here it from the horses mouth.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

https://www.mwcconnection.com/2021/8/21 ... nt-tracker
Nevada:

OL Trevyn Heil has entered the transfer portal.
WR Elijah Cooks has entered the transfer portal and will transfer to SJSU
LB Daiyan Henley has entered the transfer portal and transferred to Washington State
LB Lamin Touray has entered the transfer portal and transferred to Eastern Washington.
LB Brigden Craig has entered the transfer portal.
OL Gray Davis has entered the transfer portal and transferred to Colorado State
DT Teivis Tuioti has entered the transfer portal.
WR Justin Lockhart has entered the portal and will transfer to SJSU
WR Melquan Stovall has entered the portal and transferred to Colorado State
QB Clay Millen has entered the transfer portal.
WR Tory Horton has entered the transfer portal and transferred to Colorado State
DB A.J. King has entered the transfer portal and transferred to Colorado State
DE Breylon Garcia has entered the transfer portal.
LB Peter Montini has entered the transfer portal and transferred to Colorado State
RB Avery Morrow has entered the transfer portal and transferred to Colorado State
OL Jacob Gardner has entered the transfer portal and transferred to Colorado State
DB Jordan Lee has entered the transfer portal and transferred to Washington State
DE Daniel Grzesiak has entered the transfer portal.
DE Jack Powers has entered the transfer portal.
DB Jojuan Claiborne has entered the portal.
WR Carson Walters has entered the transfer portal.
Check Nevada's shed of quality players to quality teams. Hawaii's situation is NOT the worst.

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Post by wailukuwarriorfan »

SundayJam wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:39 pm https://www.mwcconnection.com/2021/8/21 ... nt-tracker
Nevada:

LB Daiyan Henley has entered the transfer portal and transferred to Washington State
LB Lamin Touray has entered the transfer portal and transferred to Eastern Washington.
WR Tory Horton has entered the transfer portal and transferred to Colorado State
LB Peter Montini has entered the transfer portal and transferred to Colorado State
RB Avery Morrow has entered the transfer portal and transferred to Colorado State
OL Jacob Gardner has entered the transfer portal and transferred to Colorado State
DB Jordan Lee has entered the transfer portal and transferred to Washington State
Check Nevada's shed of quality players to quality teams. Hawaii's situation is NOT the worst.
So, your point is that we are NOT the worst?

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

wailukuwarriorfan wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:16 pm
SundayJam wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:39 pm https://www.mwcconnection.com/2021/8/21 ... nt-tracker
Nevada:

So, your point is that we are NOT the worst?
I think point is that some fans need to take in the entire scope of what’s happening in college football with regards to players transferring. Some act like it’s exclusively happening in Hawaii and it’s all the coaches fault. Sure there’s some validity to that, but there’s also validity to players transferring getting out of hand to an extant, that’s the reality of it now and that regardless of who’s coaching it’s gonna happen. Unfortunately college football players have basically become mercenaries for hire. I was all for them having some power back but this has gone to the extreme. Take Dillon Gabriel for example. Transfered to UCLA ok fine, Caleb Williams announces he’s transferring, hours later DG announces he’s going to OU. BRUH what is happening. Now what Muasau gonna follow DG to Oklahoma?

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

In Dave Aranda's post Sugar Bowl interview, he reflected on how much a player's opinion of his coaching style changed once they started winning. Don't forget that the players aren't exactly all angels in this transaction. I once saw a college basketball player throw a form in an athletic department member's face when she asked him to fill it out. He followed that up with a 'You fill it out!' comment while folding his arms. The AD representative did just that without any hesitation.

Our situation is not good, but others are much worse. I'd say we're some what at a disadvantage in this problematic new era of covid and transfer portal. Check out that link that goes along with the quote of Nevada. A lot of MWC programs are suffering. Also, look how many of Nevada's players landed at an FBS school. So far only Chevan is at an FBS school. Oooo....and Muasau is at UCLA!

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Post by wailukuwarriorfan »

EITSwarrior wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:35 pm
I think point is that some fans need to take in the entire scope of what’s happening in college football with regards to players transferring. Some act like it’s exclusively happening in Hawaii and it’s all the coaches fault. Sure there’s some validity to that, but there’s also validity to players transferring getting out of hand to an extant, that’s the reality of it now and that regardless of who’s coaching it’s gonna happen. Unfortunately college football players have basically become mercenaries for hire. I was all for them having some power back but this has gone to the extreme. Take Dillon Gabriel for example. Transfered to UCLA ok fine, Caleb Williams announces he’s transferring, hours later DG announces he’s going to OU. BRUH what is happening. Now what Muasau gonna follow DG to Oklahoma?
I understand that the transfer portal provides easy access to players that want to leave. I get that. It doesn’t bother me that players leave for the opportunity for more playing time, or don’t feel that the coaching staff Is the right fit or feel like they should transfer to a better situation. I get all that.

What bothers me is that the AD did not appear to have performed his due diligence in asking the question, “why did ASU pay Graham $12.8MM to leave early?” Does that not raise any red flags for you? A little due diligence can provide a lot of clarity on why they paid him over $12MM to leave.

It looks like the situation that happened at ASU is now here at UH.