Paniolo Trophy weather forecast for Laramie, Nov. 27

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Paniolo Trophy weather forecast for Laramie, Nov. 27

Post by Duster »

Chevan seems to have issues with gripping a ball in the cold. Small hands for a QB? Those with meathooks for hands like Brett Favre and perhaps Josh Allen are unaffected. Tim Chang did not have good games in the mountains in October/November, but Colt and Bryant could grip the ball. UH hoopsters complained about the ball being slippery due to dry air. As silly as this may sound, I hope Chevan is using moisturizing hand lotion before the game to avoid dry hand grip problems. I also hope RBs and WRs are either using gloves and/or using hand lotion too. It may appear to be trivial, but I feel that small issues need to be buttoned up too.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Duster wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:48 am Chevan seems to have issues with gripping a ball in the cold. Small hands for a QB? Those with meathooks for hands like Brett Favre and perhaps Josh Allen are unaffected. Tim Chang did not have good games in the mountains in October/November, but Colt and Bryant could grip the ball. UH hoopsters complained about the ball being slippery due to dry air. As silly as this may sound, I hope Chevan is using moisturizing hand lotion before the game to avoid dry hand grip problems. I also hope RBs and WRs are either using gloves and/or using hand lotion too. It may appear to be trivial, but I feel that small issues need to be buttoned up too.
That's an interesting dimension to the play of the QB in the MWC, ie, the dryness. Okay, hand size does make a difference as in Kyler Murray who has large hands for somebody 5'10. But, you're right in that UH plays in 80/80 type weather whereas Laramie will be more like 40/15 (both degrees/humidity). Hopefully they've investigated this and have some sort of chemicals they can put on his towel to keep the hands moist.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

SundayJam wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:14 am
wyokie wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:20 am
SundayJam wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:49 am Well, there's only one thing left to do then...
Yeah, Wyoming winning at home against Hawaii...again!!!
It's been an odd couple of years. This year has been particularly odd for the Pokes. You have a winning record based on a weak OOC schedule. We've mostly lost games we were supposed to lose. You lose games you're supposed to win (New Mexico) and win games you're supposed to lose (Utah State). Well, you're supposed to win this game by 10.5 points. History may be on your side, but I think the winner of this game may be up to luck of the draw. :cowboy: Your luck may have just run out this time.
:cowboy:

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

SundayJam wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:14 pm
wyokie wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:20 am

Yeah, Wyoming winning at home against Hawaii...again!!!
It's been an odd couple of years. This year has been particularly odd for the Pokes. You have a winning record based on a weak OOC schedule. We've mostly lost games we were supposed to lose. You lose games you're supposed to win (New Mexico) and win games you're supposed to lose (Utah State). Well, you're supposed to win this game by 10.5 points. History may be on your side, but I think the winner of this game may be up to luck of the draw. :cowboy: Your luck may have just run out this time.
Oh, shut up!!!! Thank Bohl for this win. :roll:

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

wyokie wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:16 pm
SundayJam wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:14 pm

Oh, shut up!!!! Thank Bohl for this win. :roll:
Yeah...Bohl made the defense forget to spy on the QB and achieve invisibility for Fiso...who the heck is Fiso anyway?!!! As I said, this was our bowl game and we brought back the Paniolo Trophy in a dominating fashion despite being a 10.5 underdog. Well, the Pokes lost to underdogs this year and represented when they were underdogs. Hawaii performed well against favorites this year but came up short...we were unlucky...for the most part. However, we were lucky today: we won a road game against a team which has owned us over the years in a freezing, high altitude environment. Aloha, Wyokie.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Got one trophy in the case!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Looks like we playing the Pokes at home next year, then possibly taking a break for a few years to play Boise St, Air Force https://twitter.com/MountainWest/status/986311385129795584

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

BigWave96744 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:15 am Looks like we playing the Pokes at home next year, then possibly taking a break for a few years to play Boise St, Air Force https://twitter.com/MountainWest/status/986311385129795584
I like the final 3 games at home. Nice lineup.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Nisei
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Padres

Post by Nisei »

RedZone wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:45 pm
BigWave96744 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:15 am Looks like we playing the Pokes at home next year, then possibly taking a break for a few years to play Boise St, Air Force https://twitter.com/MountainWest/status/986311385129795584
I like the final 3 games at home. Nice lineup.
They are listed in alphabetical order. The actual conference schedule is TBD.

:D

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Just one comment on the Paniolo Trophy. I recall that feeling last time(and prior years) when they rush to pick it up in celebration. It felt wrong to see them pick up a "Hawaii theme" trophy. IMO, that belongs to UH. The same with the pineapple, etc. As much as LV is consider the 9th Island, not to me. Love Vegas, but it's not Hawaii.

The only trophy I'm ok with the other team getting is the Dick Tomey trophy. SJ have legit claims to the Tomey legacy. But to be picky, I think University Arizona should be the one, as UA was Tomey at his prime. With SJ, Tomey was at the end of career. Someone correct my memory if I'm wrong. Did SJ did good or just average under Tomey?

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

[/quote]

[/quote]

oh, man, i thought the same thing, what a way to end the season with three great games. didn't even notice the alpha format. no wonder my wife is always right.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

st808 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:05 am

[/quote]

oh, man, i thought the same thing, what a way to end the season with three great games. didn't even notice the alpha format. no wonder my wife is always right.
[/quote]

All wives are always right. :tv:

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

My3Cats wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:47 am

[/quote]

[/quote]

Even when YOU have all the facts!!!!! :lol:

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

wyokie wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:59 am

[/quote]

[/quote]

Facts mean nothing if it comes from the husband. =;

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

My3Cats wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:03 am
wyokie wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:59 am

[/quote]

Facts mean nothing if it comes from the husband. =;
[/quote]

I noticed that from my buddies. LOL